App description: Going out of business sale! Get the full game for FREE. Order of Magnitude Games is dissolving. Get the game while it's still available.

A space-themed strategy board game for the whole family. Two to four players control miners on a dying planet and compete to escape with the most ore. Inspired by board games of old, Mother Lode provides many new twists to keep you on the edge of your seat until the final score is revealed.

Do you keep your miners on the planet to boost your score, or just cut and run? Will you use your actions to help yourself or to hinder your opponents?

Mother Lode introduces a unique system for viewing player-specific information. Look at sensitive info in real-time while other players are taking their actions - all without anyone else peeking.

* Supports two to four human or computer controlled players
* Each planet tile reveals one of 14 possible actions
* Strategic thinking and adaptability required to maximize your score
* Opponent miner values are hidden until the end of the game
* Three creature types are out to thwart you
* High resolution graphics enabled by the new iPad
* Fly escape pods, create wormholes, mine the planet, and escape before the planet explodes!
03-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Looks way too interesting to pass up, wish I had an iPad here so I could post impressions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

Last edited by drelbs; 03-20-2012 at 10:34 AM.

03-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Thanks I was just looking for the trailer link. The game is a lot of fun. I wish I could say more but I've only got a minute right now. You can read a little here:
http://appadvice.com/appnn/2012/03/m...k-to-your-ipad
And here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/90...se-mother-lode
03-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Looks interesting. At that price, no reason not to try it... bought!

All times favorites : CAVE shooters, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, Groove Coaster, Infinity Blade 2, King of Dragon Pass, Ascension, Alien Frontier, Sorcery!, Gamebook Adventure
GameCenter: Corroyeur
03-20-2012, 11:33 AM
No catch? Really? No IAP's hidden away?

If not this is an amazing price!

Jamie
03-20-2012, 11:35 AM
I've only played the tutorial so far, but initial impressions are very positive. The game looks like it will be fun, and appears to have been put together with generous helpings of care and attention to detail. What could quite easily have been a fairly dry and dull affair while still selling itself on the "strategy" angle, actually turns out to possess a good amount of personality and character. The tutorial, by the way, is how tutorials for games like this should be done. In all, happy about picking this up already and I'm yet to even play the game proper. Feels like a steal for a buck at this point.
03-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Sweet! Can't wait to give this a go.
03-20-2012, 04:37 PM
I picked this up earlier and must say that I am pleasantly surprised with this new board game app.

To start with the graphics are very nice and the UI maintains the theme of the game whilst being very functional. The hidden information button is great and works well.

Onto the tutorial which to be honest has put many others boardgames to shame. Mother Lode shows how it should be done. It covers the game rules, pieces and a bit of strategy. It also maintains a great air of humour!

Whilst there are clear similarities between this and the board game Survive, there are also substantial differences. Mother Lode is very much its own game. All in all you can tell that the developer has a lot of respect for Survive and has taken care to set his app apart from it.

This was certainly worth $0.99 of my money, an app very well done!

Ralph

Last edited by skyperion; 03-20-2012 at 04:40 PM.
03-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Played through the tutorial and finished the game. This app is a steal at the price. Highly recommended.

Tug Boat Minister of Propaganda
Proud member of T.A.A.P. - Touch Arcaders Against Piracy. Over 500 members and counting. Join now!
03-20-2012, 05:15 PM
I like it. A nice example of retro-boardgaming, evoking fond memories of nightlong dicefests when I was a teen. Although I'd wish, there was an option to speed up the AI moves. With four players, it takes quite a while until your next turn.

Now playing: Shadowmatic, Waterdeep, PvZ2, Kami, Lost Cities
Waiting for: Love you to bits, Lumino City, Onirim