Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 03-28-2012, 01:52 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Tweeting about game release to journalists?

I was making a list of journalists that I often read and marking down their twitter accounts so I might contact them when my game is released.

Has anyone had any experience getting reviews this way? Also how might i do it with out sending out either a ton of tweets, or just one giant one with a bunch of @writersnamehere calls?

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2012, 11:23 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I think your time would be better spent compiling a list of email addresses of either gaming news/review websites or journalists themselves, and sending them a notice or press release.

Twitter is so noisy these days that it is easy for people to miss stuff.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:04 AM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jDun1212 View Post
I was making a list of journalists that I often read and marking down their twitter accounts so I might contact them when my game is released.

Has anyone had any experience getting reviews this way? Also how might i do it with out sending out either a ton of tweets, or just one giant one with a bunch of @writersnamehere calls?

Thanks!
I think this works if you have an existing relationship with a journalist, but if it's your first interaction with them, it's not really any different to cold-calling.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:35 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

@Astraware I think its a little better than a cold call because they have the option not to respond. But I think your right about the first interaction being tough to break through. I was hoping that I would include a commercial with my tweet so that maybe it would be easier for them to decide if they are interested or not. What do you think?

@PikPok I've tried the websites emails thing before, I sent out about 20 to different sites and such and ever got a reply, maybe it was bad timing or maybe my game sucks, but I keep telling myself that just too many people are going that route to get noticed with out a PR firm.