Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 04-04-2012, 10:11 PM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Default EA as Worst Company of 2012

Worst company in the US, imho i think they deserve it. They killed a lot of good studios and games like the Command and Conquer series. And what of the day 1 DLC that's already in the disc you bought and own? From a guy in Blizz's forums, "if you bought a house and discovered that your basement was locked and that you had to pay extra to get the key, people would be calling BS. You didnt pay for construction workers to build the basement, the basement was already built and usable. I'm fine with paying construction workers to build additional space, but paying extra for a basement that was already there is BS."

Congrats EA!

Last edited by Edmilan; 04-04-2012 at 10:15 PM..
Old 04-04-2012, 11:03 PM
iPhone 4

Just adding some additional info + links on this topic.

http://au.pc.gamespy.com/pc/mass-eff...1222317p1.html

http://consumerist.com/2012/04/congr...-for-2012.html

My exact sentiment as the Gamespy writer:
Quote:
Because of a temper tantrum, a group of angry gamers not only wasted an opportunity (however tongue-in-cheek) to call attention to much larger issues, they told the world that the final moments of a fictional character matters more to them than real-world problems. That makes me sad.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:05 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

This is a joke in every sense. It's not hard to guess what the demographics of the majority of the people on consumerist.com are in: ignorant console gamers.

Last edited by backtothis; 04-04-2012 at 11:07 PM..
Old 04-04-2012, 11:06 PM

Utterly ridiculous that EA won against a company like Bank of America. Wtf.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:29 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

EA's response:

Quote:
We're sure that British Petroleum, AIG, Philip Morris, and Halliburton are all relieved they weren't nominated this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:43 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

To be fair Ea shouldn't be in the running with companys like Monsanto about, for worst game developer maybe (but I don't even think that) but not worst company.

For anyone who doesn't already know Monsanto is the one putting insect DNA into Crops which then cross pollinate with every other plant in the Vicinity, this in turn allows them to sue any farmers who don't buy seed from them and control the whole food supply.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:51 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

You cannot name EA the worst company in the world. It's ridiculous. Get some perspective. Jeez. They're just video games. It doesn't get much worse then BP. Except maybe Blackwater. Hedge Fund managers and mortage lenders are pretty slimy too. Look, I'm sorry EA had the nerve to pawn off morally questionable DLC, but there are companies out there that are responsible for both taking and destroying lives.

Last edited by dumaz1000; 04-05-2012 at 12:56 AM..
Old 04-05-2012, 03:11 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmilan View Post
Worst company in the US, imho i think they deserve it. They killed a lot of good studios and games like the Command and Conquer series. And what of the day 1 DLC that's already in the disc you bought and own? From a guy in Blizz's forums, "if you bought a house and discovered that your basement was locked and that you had to pay extra to get the key, people would be calling BS. You didnt pay for construction workers to build the basement, the basement was already built and usable. I'm fine with paying construction workers to build additional space, but paying extra for a basement that was already there is BS."

Congrats EA!
I don't know which company is the worst in the world, but I am sure that EA is not the worst.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:19 AM

Fair play for not understanding the day one dlc problem. If you're going to complain at least understand the issues first.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:39 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmilan View Post

Congrats EA!
And this is why kids aren't allowed to vote till they're 18.