Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-10-2012, 06:20 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Default Cubis Creatures - Universal

This looks quite interesting...

Edit: A Lite version is available as well.

Last edited by slewis7; 04-10-2012 at 06:25 PM..
Old 04-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 04-10-2012, 07:10 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

OMG it's cubis!!! It's by the actual devs too not some cheap rip off! I've been waiting 2 years for an iOS version. INSTA BUY!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Banned
iPhone 5

Im playing the LITE and its very entertaining, but I fear this has some IAPS for level packs, two... please tell us about it if you buy it

Quote:
Top In-App Purchases

Birdy Moth Level Pack plus its unlimited tournament access$0.99
Cabaow Level Pack plus its unlimited tournament access$0.99
Old 04-10-2012, 07:51 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Alright so here are my thoughts on the game:

Essentially this is cubis built in a mobile friendly package. To start off the lite levels are NOT different from the full version so in the lite you get the whole first monster for free. Now to the good stuff. Fist off the game is really well built. Very mobile friendly with excellent visuals and controls. I was playing with the volume off so I don't really have an opinion on it yet. The game also sets you off with a very loose story. This little wizard guy is trying to impress his friends with a trick but he does the wrong one and puts all his friends to sleep(Oh no!). Your job is to wake them up by feeding them cubes! The story seems slapped on and unnecessary most likely a little generic thing to attract and appeal to a younger audience. When you first start the game you are thrown into a few tutorial levels and then are thrown into the game. Cubis Creatures is very mobile friendly and they adapted it quite well. The game is broken down into levels with the 3 star rating system in place. After finishing the level you score is tallied and things like time bonuses are added. The game takes some thought though. You can't mindlessly blast cubes all over the place and expect 3 stars. You have to strategically shoot them towards the others while you racing against the clock making the action just that more frantic. Cubis is a great game and cubis fans should have no problem getting used to the mobile version and the same goes for newer players.

The game comes with 3 monsters to start each with 20 levels(well it seems so since the first one has 20). So 60 levels isn't so bad is it? An additional 40 levels can be purchesed through iap for 99c each.

Now onto tournament mode. If any of you have played Unit 13 its similar to the daily mission mode. Each day the game has a new challenge for you to complete. You get ONE try to get the highest score possible and try to fight for the top of the leaderboards.

So far I'm having a blast with the game! It's to early though to post a rating. I suggest all you puzzle/match 3 fans grab it! It's a steal for 1 dollar!
Old 04-10-2012, 07:58 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Its an awesome game.
I beta tested it. IAPs piss me off, but you get a fair amount of free levels before you get to IAP ones.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:18 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

So $1 gets you 80 levels? How many are in the level packs? Does it say?

Edit: Oh, 40 each for a dollar a piece.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:01 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I am liking this quite a bit too. Its polished and even early on, there is variety and challenge to new levels. The daily tournament level for today seems quite advanced and tricky.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:00 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Tried the lite. Really good stuff presented in a cute package. Well done!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:45 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Level 2 won't unlock at all for me on the new iPad or on 4S. Says I completed the first, I press double arrow that returns me to level select, but level 2 is locked. If I go into the first level again, it makes me replay the tutorial. I rebooted the iPad, same problem. Am I missing something or is it bugged?

Game's excellent, by the way; I bought one of the expansion packs so I could play more, lol.