Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-18-2009, 06:43 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Stragea preview by SolusG (3D RTS game)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Front Page Post

Quote:
Solus Games is proud to release Stragea, the first and only 3D real-time strategy game for iPhone and iPod Touch. Stragea features a classic cast of medieval 3D warriors that are like figures come to life. You are the mighty Archon who must lead the Red Cloth to victory in the Battle for Rohan over the Blue Vain and Yellow Wood Clans. Build and defend your base with static and mobile defenses, but when the time is right mobilize your army to defeat your rivals. Whether you are a hardcore RTS fan or simply want something more than just another tower defense game, this is the game for you. See if you can balance defense, production, upgrades, and offense to defeat your enemies and win the battle of Rohan!

Features listed by the developer:

• High-performance 3D graphics
• Intuitive and fluid controls and gameplay
• Challenging enemy AI
• 8 Campaign missions with 3 difficulty setting for a total of 24 Campaign Levels
• Battle Mode with 1v1 and 1v2, 3 selectable maps, and Fog Of War visibility settings

"The campaign can be played at medium or hard if you like, but easy is not a gimmie… at least I think so.. we'll see.

The characters are 3D rendered models and I considered adding a zoom feature, but when there is like 30-40 units battling it out on screen I decided not to in hopes of preserving the frame rate. If you guys would like a zoom option even with this possible issue let me know. I can definitely plan that for the first update.

Lastly is online multi… yeah, please understand that is basically an entire new project in it self. I would like to say it's coming, but I just don't want to promise anything I don't end up providing. For now there is campaign and battle modes, 3 difficulty settings, 1v1, 1v2, and 3 maps to extend your playtime.

I will be following your comments here and make updates as regularly as possible based on your feedback.

Thanks and hope you see the game out soon.

By the way I prefer Protos "My Life for Ire", or what ever those guys say."

Last edited by salsamd; 05-18-2009 at 08:21 PM..
Old 05-18-2009, 07:29 PM

YES! finally. I've been waiting so long for another rts besides warfare Inc. After watching the video I hope there is more than a really simple tech tree. I hope it's not like unit 1>unit 2>unit 3 and so on. Hopefully strategy will be huge instead of just building the largest army fastest to power rush enemies.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:42 PM

Looks great!!!
I look forward to playing this one. I love RTS games.
Thanks for posting the vid!
Old 05-18-2009, 08:06 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Rithkil

Reminds me of warcraft. I hope they do add multiplayer in the future.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:13 PM

Any ideas of release date?
Old 05-22-2009, 08:26 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggity View Post
Any ideas of release date?
From May 18, 2009
"Stragea will be submitted to the App Store in the next day or two and will hopefully be available for download within a week. Solus has not specified a price, as yet"
Old 05-22-2009, 08:52 PM

Well i'm submitting Quantum Collapse to Apple next week so it will be interesting to know how this game does before then. I also wonder how much they will charge for it, i'm thinking 3.99 for my game.

Last edited by JavierDavalos; 05-22-2009 at 10:23 PM.. Reason: corrected youtube embed
Old 05-22-2009, 09:54 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDavalos View Post
Well i'm submitting Quantum Collapse to Apple next week so it will be interesting to know how this game does before then. I also wonder how much they will charge for it, i'm thinking 3.99 for my game.
That's evil posting this information in this thread, the video just adds insult to injury.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
That's evil posting this information in this thread, the video just adds insult to injury.
Sorry didn't thought of it that way when i posted it, i removed the video.

But bear in mind it's not the developer posting this news article but a forum moderator.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:06 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Just bookmarked this page. Ill be keeping a good eye on the release of this game. I love all RTS games. Cant wait.