• Publisher: Orator Games
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 16.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Take command of the underground exploring and excavation vehicle "Rusty 01" on an adventure into the depths of an alien planet!

Gather all the valuable gems you can find and carry them home while avoiding dangerous traps and monsters lurking under the surface of the planet and solving puzzles that will open you new, previously undiscovered underground caverns.

Rusty Orb is a physics based puzzler combined with action game. Featuring a unique mechanics for interacting with your environment via an extendable chain allowing your vehicle to carry other items or hook itself to a wall.

Controls:
Pick the controls that suit your playing style best.
You can play with joysticks, one controlling the thrusters, the other one controlling the extendable chain.
Alternatively you can enable direct screen touch controls - if you do, the ship will follow your finger. To launch the chain make a movement from inside your ship towards the place you want to attach yourself to.

syntheticvoid's comments:

04-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Art style is cool. Sort of a steampunk lander game.

Playing: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle
Waiting:Last Class Heroes, Chaos Rings 3, Starships
GameCenter: StriveMind

04-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Yeah, done by the Dev of Blue Libra... Really looking forward to getting my next gift card. =oD

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Integral
04-26-2012, 09:59 PM
I'll be looking forward to hearing anyone's experiences with this game. It looks great; I looked for videos, but no luck yet.
04-26-2012, 10:34 PM
And it's Sanuku to the rescue. Thanks!
04-27-2012, 07:31 AM
deleted

Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 04-27-2012 at 10:06 AM.
04-27-2012, 07:46 AM
Hmmm tempted by this. I LOVE Thrust type games (Remember that old classic ?) but 1.99 seems quite dear for this one, i normally like buying games instantly to help the devs but surprised its not 99c. Only a dollar i know

I'll wait for a few more opinions before getting this one i think
04-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Hello,
That is because each joint on the chain have also weight and its a big heavy one. So when you attach the chain somewhere its the chain's own weight that actually pulls you down. It actually gives more momentum and makes sling shots or other stuff more fun to do, takes a bit more practice thou. Every pyhsical object in the game has some weight.

Thanks for playing the game and your feedbacks

Last edited by rom; 04-27-2012 at 08:14 AM.
04-27-2012, 08:25 AM
deleted

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 04-27-2012 at 10:06 AM.