Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 04-29-2012, 07:16 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Jordanrracer
Default What can I clean my iPhone with?

I recently got a new (and my first!) iPhone. It's an iPhone 4 and I'm most likely going to need to clean its screen every so often in the future.. I've used this spray bottle that is used for my dad's camera lens on my iPod Touch 4g and nothing is wrong I presume but I want to make sure it's harmless.. (What I did was spray it on a tissue and wiped the tissue on the iPod's touch screen).

On the bottle it's named "Ultra Clarity" which "offers improved cleaning power on all lenses and coatings, especially anti-reflective lenses."

Also it says it contains "Isopropanol".

So what do you think guys? Is this okay to use to clean the touch screen on my iPhone 4?

Thank you in advance!!
Old 04-29-2012, 07:21 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Cleaning solutions made for technology are great for cleaning iDevices. I actually just spray it directly onto the iPad and iPod Touch and use a cloth for cleaning screens to wipe it off. Been doing this for at least two years now. I generally clean my iPod on a daily basis.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:27 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I use my (cotton) tshirts that I happen to be wearing at the time. I wipe it after every time I use it - and not a scratch so far. As long as you don't use something abrasive, you don't even need a specific cleaning solution, imo.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:40 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via Skype™ to Jordanrracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Cleaning solutions made for technology are great for cleaning iDevices. I actually just spray it directly onto the iPad and iPod Touch and use a cloth for cleaning screens to wipe it off. Been doing this for at least two years now. I generally clean my iPod on a daily basis.
Thanks buddy!
Old 04-29-2012, 07:45 PM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
I use my (cotton) tshirts that I happen to be wearing at the time. I wipe it after every time I use it - and not a scratch so far. As long as you don't use something abrasive, you don't even need a specific cleaning solution, imo.
Yep, I agree. For daily cleanings, I use a tiny bit of water along with a cotton shirt. Nothing wrong with doing that. Can't imagine how much solution you'd need if you cleaned your device daily.
Old 04-30-2012, 04:29 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

I think the lens stuff would probably be fine it might even repair any small scratches if it's the same stuff I'm thinking off. I used some of it with a slight anti glare effect on my old PSP and that screen is still looking like new.

Just use it sparingly in my opinion.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:17 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Touch screens are actually one of the biggest breeding grounds of bacteria. Most phones contain traces of e.coli and fecal matter, etc.
Ive seen tests on a show where more bacteria was on a phone screen then a toilet seat at a public toilet.
Since watching that I use antibacterial wipes on my phone once a day and strongly advise proper cleaning atleast once a week
Old 04-30-2012, 07:58 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Go to Sunglass Hut and get their cleaning kit. It comes with a microfiber cloth and it's $9.99. The cleaner is isotoponyl and is safe for electronics. Do not spray the device directly, spray the cloth and then clean your device. If the cloth eventually becomes oily, wash it and let it air dry, do not put it in the dryer. Lastly Sunglass Hut refills the bottle for free and it comes in a variety if cases, I use the Oakley case.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:59 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

you could use plenty of cleaners for this, water is your go to source with a microfiber cloth

you could use very little isopropyl alcohol and a cotton ball to disinfect the surface then use water + cloth after
Old 04-30-2012, 09:47 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin

I just use my breath and whatever shirt i'm wearing for my iPod haha.

If you don't have a screen protector and you tend to have smudge problems, get one. They help a lot by resisting oils and such...if you can get it on without too much junk underneath.