What can I clean my iPhone with?

04-29-2012, 07:16 PM
What can I clean my iPhone with?

I recently got a new (and my first!) iPhone. It's an iPhone 4 and I'm most likely going to need to clean its screen every so often in the future.. I've used this spray bottle that is used for my dad's camera lens on my iPod Touch 4g and nothing is wrong I presume but I want to make sure it's harmless.. (What I did was spray it on a tissue and wiped the tissue on the iPod's touch screen).

On the bottle it's named "Ultra Clarity" which "offers improved cleaning power on all lenses and coatings, especially anti-reflective lenses."

Also it says it contains "Isopropanol".

So what do you think guys? Is this okay to use to clean the touch screen on my iPhone 4?

Thank you in advance!!

Currently seeking an iOS Job for Online Community Moderation.
GameCenter ID: Jordanrracer
04-29-2012, 07:21 PM
Cleaning solutions made for technology are great for cleaning iDevices. I actually just spray it directly onto the iPad and iPod Touch and use a cloth for cleaning screens to wipe it off. Been doing this for at least two years now. I generally clean my iPod on a daily basis.

Twitter: @back2this

04-29-2012, 07:27 PM
I use my (cotton) tshirts that I happen to be wearing at the time. I wipe it after every time I use it - and not a scratch so far. As long as you don't use something abrasive, you don't even need a specific cleaning solution, imo.

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.
04-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
Cleaning solutions made for technology are great for cleaning iDevices. I actually just spray it directly onto the iPad and iPod Touch and use a cloth for cleaning screens to wipe it off. Been doing this for at least two years now. I generally clean my iPod on a daily basis.
Thanks buddy!

Currently seeking an iOS Job for Online Community Moderation.
GameCenter ID: Jordanrracer
04-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
I use my (cotton) tshirts that I happen to be wearing at the time. I wipe it after every time I use it - and not a scratch so far. As long as you don't use something abrasive, you don't even need a specific cleaning solution, imo.
Yep, I agree. For daily cleanings, I use a tiny bit of water along with a cotton shirt. Nothing wrong with doing that. Can't imagine how much solution you'd need if you cleaned your device daily.

Twitter: @back2this
04-30-2012, 04:29 AM
I think the lens stuff would probably be fine it might even repair any small scratches if it's the same stuff I'm thinking off. I used some of it with a slight anti glare effect on my old PSP and that screen is still looking like new.

Just use it sparingly in my opinion.

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out
04-30-2012, 07:17 AM
Touch screens are actually one of the biggest breeding grounds of bacteria. Most phones contain traces of e.coli and fecal matter, etc.
Ive seen tests on a show where more bacteria was on a phone screen then a toilet seat at a public toilet.
Since watching that I use antibacterial wipes on my phone once a day and strongly advise proper cleaning atleast once a week
04-30-2012, 07:58 AM
Go to Sunglass Hut and get their cleaning kit. It comes with a microfiber cloth and it's $9.99. The cleaner is isotoponyl and is safe for electronics. Do not spray the device directly, spray the cloth and then clean your device. If the cloth eventually becomes oily, wash it and let it air dry, do not put it in the dryer. Lastly Sunglass Hut refills the bottle for free and it comes in a variety if cases, I use the Oakley case.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
04-30-2012, 08:59 AM
you could use plenty of cleaners for this, water is your go to source with a microfiber cloth

you could use very little isopropyl alcohol and a cotton ball to disinfect the surface then use water + cloth after

GCID: Allanon!
Fav's: Clash of Clans, DragonVale, Bastion, Score!, The Walking Dead, Puzzle RPGs
Beta Tested: Flashout 3D
Attention Dev's: Game Center Achievements are very necessary!
04-30-2012, 09:47 AM
I just use my breath and whatever shirt i'm wearing for my iPod haha.

If you don't have a screen protector and you tend to have smudge problems, get one. They help a lot by resisting oils and such...if you can get it on without too much junk underneath.

i'm a pretty kitty cat