★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Can two different apps share game centre leaderboards

04-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Can two different apps share game centre leaderboards

Im gonna put out a full version and a free version of my game, the free version of my game will eventually have an IAP option added to unlock the full version. Will both versions be able to share the same leader boards on game centre?

Thanks!
04-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Unfortunately, the answer is no. You will not be able to share leader boards, they will be separate.
05-01-2012, 06:39 AM
That is not possible. You need to have two different leader boards for two different games. After all, it does make sense.

AppVersal is App Marketing that "Just Works"
http://appversal.com
05-01-2012, 06:42 AM
Thanks for the info!
05-01-2012, 11:40 AM
I wish this were possible - it actually makes complete sense for this very purpose (this is all that is holding me back from releasing a Lite version).

When Game Center arrives on Mac OS it actually will be possible to share Leaderboards across iOS and Mac versions of a single game:

http://www.apple.com/macosx/mountain...tml#gamecenter

So it seems crazy that two iOS apps couldn't also do so too - I am hoping this will change once Mountain Lion comes out and GC arrives on Mac.

Apps: Lead Wars (TA Thread) | Super Grav (TA Thread)
DemonStudios Ltd | Indie Game Dev
www.demonstudios.com
Follow: Facebook | Twitter
05-04-2012, 04:03 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Nullroar
My colleagues have already stated the problem.

So I will occupy myself with outlining a solution. There are certain cross-platform leaderboard alternatives *cough*check the sig*cough* that may be able to help provide what you need not only by allowing for the same Game ID to be used to share leaderboards, but also on the IAP front if you end up taking the jump over to Android.

[This is NOT a shameless and transparent plug; I'm providing a relevant answer to a legitimate question here!]

*cat grin*

I've placed geocached DRM-free USB copies of my newest game in various locations throughout Europe and Southeastern US. Email me if you find 'em for the free "explorer" cape.