★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ----- Sale Information ----
It is sale in 50% off .

Dragons Odyssey Frane is a high-quality action-role-playing game from Japanese veteran game developer, Exe-Create.

Beautiful hand-drawn 2D graphics, a wonderful soundtrack, and an excellent English translation coupled with talented voice actors set this title apart and make it a great fit for anyone who has been patiently awaiting a solid fantasy title for iOS to come out of Japan.

We hope you will enjoy Dragons Odyssey Frane, as it is one that has been beloved by many gamers across Japan.

In Vanneth, the world above, and under the direction of God coexist two races charged with the oversight of Kalenthia-or in other words, the world below.
These two races are the Angel Clan, who administer blessings; and the Demon clan, who administer trials.

Sadly, being unable to compromise in their beliefs, they have clashed and disputed continually over how to promote temporal growth in the world below for untold numbers of years.

It is during such a time that one angel named Escude decides to prove who is right once and for all, and in breaking Gods commandment not to interfere directly in the affairs of humans, she descends to the world below.

Having caught wind of this, God summons her most trusted servant, Kunah, the son of the fire dragon chief.

And along with Riel, Kunah's childhood companion, who is also consquently the daughter of the ice dragon chief, he follows after Escude in an attempt to bring her back to Vanneth.
And so the story of a dragon duo under the guise of human children begins and the unlikely adventure that awaits them below the clouds on the vast Kalenthian continent...

chaos_envoys's comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Folks who want more information about the game can check out the web based help system here.
05-02-2012, 05:37 AM
2 chibi dragons after an angel. lol...what a plot!

btw

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/10...ased-overseas/

and...an extract from it
Quote:
Exe-Create say the difference between Lost Angelic Chronicles and Ys is that this game focuses more on story and interaction with other characters. These interactions can trigger new scenes and multiple endings. You also get the see the world change as you play; for example, the forest in which you build your house grows into a proper town during the during the course of the game.
I loved the Ys games and will probably be getting this if it is in the same vein.I wasn't too taken by Ex-Create's mobile exclusive RPG Across Age but at the very least this is a full fledged (and rare) PC JRPG that has been ported and will unlikely be a short, grindy, fetch quest-esque affair with a tagged on story.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

EDIT: I am almost 100% certain that the game is in English with English voice acting. The PC version has been out for a while and the developers have been on the NIS America forum talking about the ios version.

Last edited by violentv; 05-02-2012 at 05:54 AM.

05-02-2012, 05:39 AM
Toftt?
if english is supported, I'll get this one
they mentioned it in the description, but I still need a confirmation

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Gods Eater Burst, MP3RD HD, Grand Knights Story, Final Fantasy Crisis Core
Waiting For: Digimon Re: Digitize Fan Translation
Officially moved to android
05-02-2012, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by violentv View Post
Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

EDIT: I am almost 100% certain that the game is in English with English voice acting. The PC version has been out for a while and the developers have been on the NIS America forum talking about the ios version.
thanks for the info!!
downloading~

Currently Playing: Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Gods Eater Burst, MP3RD HD, Grand Knights Story, Final Fantasy Crisis Core
05-02-2012, 06:10 AM
downloading too!
05-02-2012, 06:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by violentv View Post
downloading too!
Me three...
05-02-2012, 06:39 AM
Gosh I will kill you all if it`s only Japanese... Downloading!

Last edited by Sanuku; 05-02-2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: HD Gameplay Trailer added (iPad 2).
05-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
It's in English, so I guess we're safe...for now .

More impressions later today...
05-02-2012, 07:03 AM
Quote:
Quote of the day!!
05-02-2012, 07:36 AM
Quote:
my life is saved