★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Project 9:The Underground Aryan City HD is about a mechanical civilization based on the residual memories of the body. The character ventures on an expedition into the Antarctic wastes that takes her underground and into the center of the Earth.

Project 9 is a series of games based on and inspired by factual subject matter:

In recent years, a variety of mysterious phenomena have appeared more and more frequently, UFOs frequently appear around the world and extreme weather has become very common. The latest publically released official files report numerous incredible events. Early in World War II, Nazi engineers and scientists planned to create a circular, dish-shaped aircraft. Investment in these vehicles may have led to the defeat of the Nazis in Europe and their relocation to the Antarctic. Hitler's death in the historical records remains an unsolved mystery. Many files show that Nazis had sent troops to the South Pole and Tibet in search of the so-called entrance to the center of the Earth. The legend of the Antarctic underground Aryan city has begun to receive more and more attention, and scholars have paid more attention to the Hollow Earth Theory.

Visual Park's imagination takes you into a fantasy world in the center of the Earth. The journey is fraught with peril and difficulty. The path from the surface of the Antarctic ice sheet toward the center of the earth includes confusing puzzles, fights with ferocious unknown creatures, and avoiding dangerous obstacles in the floating state all the while bearing seismic activity, extreme temperatures, bizarre accidents and magnetic reversals. Of course the highly intelligent protagonist will collect a variety of items to overcome suffering and break through to hindrances. Certainly it is necessary to live smartly and bravely, as the protagonist moves forward through the adventure. Countless treasures, beautiful monuments and mysterious forces await your arrival.

The heroes available have been named DML-9, DML-4, DML-1. Inferred in accordance with this figure, the protagonist will also be called a DML, a code name for a series of intelligent robots, and at least nine different machines. How the game will appear in its final form is still a puzzle.

The protagonist himself is a mystery. At first in the Nazi base, he seems to be enslaved by the Nazis to detect the center of the Earth and its secrets. These robots are highly intelligent and there is no doubt that in that era the Nazi had no way to create such a state-of-the-art machine body. Accordingly, the DML has become a major secret, requiring players to slowly open the series of games to explore Project 9.

KEY FEATURES
Developed on the Unity 3D 3.5 engine, the latest technology available on mobile devices.

Brilliant graphics bring a fairy tale-like visual experience.
Simple control-style removes operational difficulties.
Adventure-Puzzle game with story mode.
Free change of characters' related sound, bring more fun to you.
Changing game pace and rhythm make for relaxation and high-energy excitement.
Many choice of route to accomplish missions, each has different feelings.

NOTES
Play on iPad, iPad 2.
Optimized for iPad 2! High-definition graphics that fully utilize the iPad 2 Retina display. For best playing experience we recommend playing on iPad 2.
Firmware 4.3 and above required.

Who spies on us?
Where do UFOs come from?
Do they have anything to do with evil?
Does the Earth's underground conceal unsolved mysteries?
How many unresolved emotional puzzles are there?

All this and more included in Project 9:The Underground Aryan City HD !

goiMot's comments:


05-10-2012, 09:19 PM
#2
Aryan? Really?

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

05-11-2012, 12:52 AM
#3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Aryan? Really?
I've seen this use of "Aryan" in several games from China. I'm not sure exactly what's meant by it, but it's a pretty good argument for running your game by a native speaker of English.

If the devs are monitoring this thread, you guys should really take a look at the Wikipedia page for "Aryan". To Americans and Europeans (at least), Aryan has only one meaning: the Nordic master race promoted by Hitler et al, as opposed to the Jews and Gypsies, who were to be exterminated.
05-11-2012, 02:46 AM
#4
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,181
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Aryan? Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSnyder View Post
I've seen this use of "Aryan" in several games from China. I'm not sure exactly what's meant by it,
Read the description. They do mean Aryan. The game seems to involve a secret Nazi city, populated only by Aryans one would assume.
05-11-2012, 07:32 AM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLW View Post
Read the description. They do mean Aryan. The game seems to involve a secret Nazi city, populated only by Aryans one would assume.
Yeah, I see that. However, when I think Aryan and Nazis, I immediately think of all of the negative imagery associated with the time of Hitler, WWII, and the skin head movement of more modern times. I don't think glowing ball with green eyes falling down a hole in search of an entrance to the center of the Earth.

It seems to me that the developers could have picked almost any other name for the city, including simply Project 9: The Underground City, without using the word Aryan. The use of the word Aryan in this case has nothing to do with any of the imagery presented in the promo materials. I understand the so called "factual subject matter" that the game is based upon, even though I'm not familiar with the story...but I doubt I'm alone here. It's just a sort of story that does not have to be based upon the "factual subject matter" of the history of Hitler's crazy Nazi ideals. The journey to the center of the Earth is a fine science-fiction story all on its own, and it does not need the Nazi/Aryan back story to be a perfectly capable game on its own merits.

It appears that the developer is not from a native English speaking background, and may have an entirely different opinion of their country's involvement during WWII, but if they aim to promote their game in the US, which is probably where they hope to have the biggest sales, I would think that they would want to do a little more research before throwing around the words Nazi and Aryan. I'm certainly not going to support this content, but that is simply my opinion, and I would doubt I'm alone.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
05-11-2012, 07:42 AM
#6
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Nassau County, NY
Posts: 1,269
Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Yeah, I see that. However, when I think Aryan and Nazis, I immediately think of all of the negative imagery associated with the time of Hitler, WWII, and the skin head movement of more modern times. I don't think glowing ball with green eyes falling down a hole in search of an entrance to the center of the Earth.

It seems to me that the developers could have picked almost any other name for the city, including simply Project 9: The Underground City, without using the word Aryan. The use of the word Aryan in this case has nothing to do with any of the imagery presented in the promo materials. I understand the so called "factual subject matter" that the game is based upon, even though I'm not familiar with the story...but I doubt I'm alone here. It's just a sort of story that does not have to be based upon the "factual subject matter" of the history of Hitler's crazy Nazi ideals. The journey to the center of the Earth is a fine science-fiction story all on its own, and it does not need the Nazi/Aryan back story to be a perfectly capable game on its own merits.

It appears that the developer is not from a native English speaking background, and may have an entirely different opinion of their country's involvement during WWII, but if they aim to promote their game in the US, which is probably where they hope to have the biggest sales, I would think that they would want to do a little more research before throwing around the words Nazi and Aryan. I'm certainly not going to support this content, but that is simply my opinion, and I would doubt I'm alone.
You're definitely not alone.

Zebracadabra (GC) -Agricola, Puerto Rico, Lords of Waterdeep, Disc Drivin'.
Watch for Super 3 - Coming Soon! DYNASTIES is in the App Store!
05-11-2012, 08:21 AM
#7
Looks like a pretty cool game to me. I'll probably be grabbing this regardless of the name - its not used here in any kind of offensive context and there is no problem at all including the Nazis in a game... Plenty of precedents for this that are part of mainstream gaming.
05-11-2012, 09:02 AM
#8
I think you are right....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Yeah, I see that. However, when I think Aryan and Nazis, I immediately think of all of the negative imagery associated with the time of Hitler, WWII, and the skin head movement of more modern times. I don't think glowing ball with green eyes falling down a hole in search of an entrance to the center of the Earth.

It seems to me that the developers could have picked almost any other name for the city, including simply Project 9: The Underground City, without using the word Aryan. The use of the word Aryan in this case has nothing to do with any of the imagery presented in the promo materials. I understand the so called "factual subject matter" that the game is based upon, even though I'm not familiar with the story...but I doubt I'm alone here. It's just a sort of story that does not have to be based upon the "factual subject matter" of the history of Hitler's crazy Nazi ideals. The journey to the center of the Earth is a fine science-fiction story all on its own, and it does not need the Nazi/Aryan back story to be a perfectly capable game on its own merits.

It appears that the developer is not from a native English speaking background, and may have an entirely different opinion of their country's involvement during WWII, but if they aim to promote their game in the US, which is probably where they hope to have the biggest sales, I would think that they would want to do a little more research before throwing around the words Nazi and Aryan. I'm certainly not going to support this content, but that is simply my opinion, and I would doubt I'm alone.
I realized that I had made a mistake.And I think you are right.I'm so sorry...
The Underground Aryan City is a proper noun.
Some scientists believe that a German base still remains in the Antarctic. Moreover, it is even said that there is an underground Aryan city called New Berlin.
We all hate the Nazi's atrocities. So at the end of our game plot,the heros destroyed the underground Aryan city.
Relevant information:
http://www.rense.com/general32/aryan.htm
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/es...al_Information
05-11-2012, 09:04 AM
#9
I realized that I had made a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Aryan? Really?
I realized that I had made a mistake.And I think you are right.I'm so sorry...
The Underground Aryan City is a proper noun.
Some scientists believe that a German base still remains in the Antarctic. Moreover, it is even said that there is an underground Aryan city called New Berlin.
We all hate the Nazi's atrocities. So at the end of our game plot,the heros destroyed the underground Aryan city.
Relevant information:
http://www.rense.com/general32/aryan.htm
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/es...al_Information
05-11-2012, 09:07 AM
#10
I realized that I had made a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSnyder View Post
I've seen this use of "Aryan" in several games from China. I'm not sure exactly what's meant by it, but it's a pretty good argument for running your game by a native speaker of English.

If the devs are monitoring this thread, you guys should really take a look at the Wikipedia page for "Aryan". To Americans and Europeans (at least), Aryan has only one meaning: the Nordic master race promoted by Hitler et al, as opposed to the Jews and Gypsies, who were to be exterminated.
I realized that I had made a mistake.And I think you are right.I'm so sorry...
The Underground Aryan City is a proper noun.
Some scientists believe that a German base still remains in the Antarctic. Moreover, it is even said that there is an underground Aryan city called New Berlin.
We all hate the Nazi's atrocities. So at the end of our game plot,the heros destroyed the underground Aryan city.
Relevant information:
http://www.rense.com/general32/aryan.htm
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/es...al_Information