★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Warning! Wimps are not allowed in Master Miyoghurt's temple of trials.

Proceed only if you can handle extreme pressure without losing your inner peace.

A true Monkey Ninja must learn to use, not abuse, the honorable Banana Move, Fly-kick and Somersault amongst others.

Honored Monkey trainee!

DANGEROUS is the path in front of thee.

Reflexes of a ninja, you must have!
Fearlessness of your inner monkey, you must embrace!

ALL MY 100 TEMPLE TRIALS, will you master and true MONKEY NINJA become?

Yours,
Master Miyoghurt

GAME FEATURES:

- 100 TRIALS with 3 rooms each to survive
- SPECIAL MONKEY MOVES such as "Snooze Or Lose"
- Achievements to collect: Can you win the "Weapon Master" and "Banana Buffet" achievements?
- Ninja-powered retro music
- Game Center support
- MFi controller support
- ION Arcade controller support
- Universal App (iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch)
- And much more...

Enjoy another Donut Games release!

KennyK's comments:

05-23-2012, 10:10 PM
I don't get the gameplay 100%. A new tool in every level?

05-24-2012, 02:03 AM
Let's try
Why no description of the game in the first post?

[Donut Games] High Scores lists
Born In USSR
on DonutGames and Game Center
05-24-2012, 02:49 AM
Looks good, just dying to know what the controls are like. The video show nothing about the controls, as usual (why do companies do this) the app description on the app store dont mention the controls.

I'm not risking it in case its some weird tilt type rubbish !

Quote:
Originally Posted by krolis View Post
Let's try
Why no description of the game in the first post?
In the meantime just look for it on itunes and it has the full description
05-24-2012, 04:01 AM
I've tried it and it is pretty good. Not bubble pig good, as that game was amazing, but pretty good. I'd rank it as a slightly above average donut game.

The game plays like this: your ninja is constantly moving forward and you have to get him through three rooms per game level by timing and planning your actions. There are no tilt controls.

You always have a short jump by tapping left side of screen and you have a tool by tapping right side of screen. The tool changes so sometimes you have a somersault (extra high jump) or a snooze (stops your ninja in place) or throwing knives. I haven't gotten too far so I don't know what other tools there are. The achievements hint at quite a few though.

As usual for a donut, it gets hard fast. But each level is so short it doesn't get frustrating to retry.
05-24-2012, 04:15 AM
Thanks for letting me know, think i'll pass. Like the look of it but would have loved it with d-pad controls or something.
05-24-2012, 04:48 AM
Wow, nice description! Will definitely try this game Seems like a bit similar to Jailhouse Jack, no?
I'm wondering also how the points are given? From the video there is no hint how you get them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsel View Post
I've tried it and it is pretty good. Not bubble pig good, as that game was amazing, but pretty good. I'd rank it as a slightly above average donut game.

The game plays like this: your ninja is constantly moving forward and you have to get him through three rooms per game level by timing and planning your actions. There are no tilt controls.

You always have a short jump by tapping left side of screen and you have a tool by tapping right side of screen. The tool changes so sometimes you have a somersault (extra high jump) or a snooze (stops your ninja in place) or throwing knives. I haven't gotten too far so I don't know what other tools there are. The achievements hint at quite a few though.

As usual for a donut, it gets hard fast. But each level is so short it doesn't get frustrating to retry.

Born In USSR

Last edited by krolis; 05-24-2012 at 04:57 AM.
05-24-2012, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krolis View Post
Wow, nice description! Will definitely try this game Seems like a bit similar to Jailhouse Jack, no?
I'm wondering also how the points are given? From the video there is no hint how you get them...
Hi krolis! It's not really like JJ at all, sorry if my description misled you. In JJ it's all about the planning. In this game, you need fast reflexes and good timing. JJ is much more strategic and like Cat Physics you have to place items with pixel perfect accuracy. In this one it is more like a standard endless runner. Of course each run is only 20 seconds long and you have to perfect in your jumps and tool uses.

The scoring is very simple. Each room gives you 10 points and each death costs you a point. When you die you start over at that room (so you can start after a death at rooms 1, 2 or 3). Most of the levels have a 3 star score of 28, which means you can die twice throughout your 3 room run. When you die or get to a new room, your ninja pauses until you tap so can watch the room for a bit before you start moving.
05-24-2012, 05:10 AM
Well, now you disappointed me... There is no real challenge then, first done all levels to max - first in top. I really didn't like that in JJ 1.0 - was the same *with 2 small exceptions*

Born In USSR
05-24-2012, 06:52 AM
I don't know about you guys but I definitely see quite a challenge here. I couldn't care less or not if I'm number one or number 10,000 on leaderboards, as long as I have a challenge in 3-starring all these levels. And this one certainly looks like it gets challenging quickly. I don't want every single game to be like CP and I'm thankful DG doesn't want it that way either.

Thanks again for releasing another great game so soon after your last DG!

Now playing: Working my way through the best retro games recently re-relased including Sonic, Raiden Legacy, Blazing Star and more. Keep them coming! And revisiting all Orange Pixel titles...