★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: LIMITED TIME OFFER : SPECIAL PRICE!!!

Appreciate customers event for only limited period on sale!
$3.99 -> $0.99 (75% Discount!!)

Do not miss this chance!!!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

- Full 3D Action game based on Three Kingdoms!
- Tremendous actions for battles

Specialties of the game
- Do intrepid actions to play battles with heroes youve chosen!
- Fulfill various mini-games and mission in stages!
- Grow up your heroes using many of items, cards and skills!
- Suppress all enemies with your basic attacks, combos and spectacular skills!
- To Feel blowing actions on Mobile not on consoles
- Tensional game play based on Chinese old history.

How to play
- When you start the mission, you just follow what your adviser saying to move and destroy enemies
- Revitalize the mini map, there a guide arrow.
- You have to escape from enemies and occupy some bases in some missions.
- Every time you clear the stage, you can get gold. And you use some gold to grow-up your hero buying items, cards and skills.

==========
Play awesome games of PlayBean!

* My First Dog My very first dog on Mobile : theyre living in my phone!
* Homerun Superstars Extreme homerun derby with immersive hit effect!
* Master of Dungeon Feel the pleasure of annihilation! Gather mobs and wipe em out!
* Fantasy Defense A tower defense game based on fantasy!
* AstroWings2 : SPACE ODYSSEY Exciting shooting game with highly-enhanced graphics!
* Second World War WW2 is on your hand. Bring victory from famous battles and rewrite history!
==========
TheAppsGames : You develop it, We'll publish it

Contact US
facebook : http://www.facebook.com/playbean
e-mail : help@playbean.co.kr

goiMot's comments:
Korean Version:

05-24-2012, 12:57 AM
Looks VERY good, graphically and gameplay (Dynasty Warrior fan here...).

Been waiting forever for a DW game on the iOS but I'm sure Playbean will somehow screw this up with obnoxious IAP.

Still, bought for the sake of a DW fix, will give impressions later.

05-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Looks VERY good, graphically and gameplay (Dynasty Warrior fan here...).

Been waiting forever for a DW game on the iOS but I'm sure Playbean will somehow screw this up with obnoxious IAP.

Still, bought for the sake of a DW fix, will give impressions later.
Looking forward to what u have to say... If this game is good, it will make my girlfriend very happy

Playlist
Brave Frontier - Dragon Blaze - Hearthstone - Sproggiwood - #YMBAB
05-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Hrrm, tough call on this one with so many great releases tonight...

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
05-24-2012, 03:36 AM
looks great but i do wish the attack speeds were faster. the way they fight seems slightly sluggish but that's probably because i've played too much DW lol
05-24-2012, 03:45 AM
Nice music.

Poor character design (been spoiled by DW series):
Zhao Yun looks awful. Nothing wrong with the character model, just the character design. His spear is offensively inconsistent with popular design.
Guan Yu is missing a cape. His crescent blade's blade is too big and ugly.
Zhang Fei's pose looks ugly.
----------------
My DW rant aside, the IAP is not bad as I thought. There's coins and beans (IAP). Coins are earned through normal gameplay as end mission reward. The coin income rate is alright (~100g per mission [~2:30]) for the first two levels. Permanent items cost between 3k - 15k with a good spread between the two numbers. The only health recovery item (100% btw) costs 550.

The gameplay in short, is DYNASTY WARRIORS on iOS!!! In other words, button mashing greatness with damage numbers . Battles feel exactly like what DW is, except with smaller, and thinner mobs. It feels like a DW lite without sacrificing what makes DW great.

There's a virtual movement pad that works pretty well; a block, normal and charge attack button (no musou ). There are 3 skill buttons and possibly an item on the side.

The graphics are great, with compromises on my iPhone 4. There's slight but noticeable stuttering (and some flashing graphical glitches on enemy models), so the gameplay is not perfectly smooth. However, it does not detach any enjoyment out of the game.

The music is great, and amongst the best three kingdoms music, with suitably bombastic and loud symphonic arrangements.

Final verdict: a slightly technically flawed product, but a great fix for DW fans.

*Edit: @Lawliet
The attack speed is just on par with medium attack speed DW characters. Though the stuttering I've mentioned does create sense of slowness.

On a side note, this game needs a musou attack (Turn-A's nuclear bomb combination musou attack in DW: Gundam 2 comes into mind ).

Last edited by gunxsword; 05-24-2012 at 04:53 AM.
05-24-2012, 10:06 AM
@gunxsword - thanks for the lowdown. Downloading now.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
05-27-2012, 07:25 AM
This game is bad ass and even if it never gets any updates it's worth every cent that I paid for it.
05-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunxsword View Post
Nice music.

Poor character design (been spoiled by DW series):
Zhao Yun looks awful. Nothing wrong with the character model, just the character design. His spear is offensively inconsistent with popular design.
Guan Yu is missing a cape. His crescent blade's blade is too big and ugly.
Zhang Fei's pose looks ugly.
----------------
My DW rant aside, the IAP is not bad as I thought. There's coins and beans (IAP). Coins are earned through normal gameplay as end mission reward. The coin income rate is alright (~100g per mission [~2:30]) for the first two levels. Permanent items cost between 3k - 15k with a good spread between the two numbers. The only health recovery item (100% btw) costs 550.

The gameplay in short, is DYNASTY WARRIORS on iOS!!! In other words, button mashing greatness with damage numbers . Battles feel exactly like what DW is, except with smaller, and thinner mobs. It feels like a DW lite without sacrificing what makes DW great.

There's a virtual movement pad that works pretty well; a block, normal and charge attack button (no musou ). There are 3 skill buttons and possibly an item on the side.

The graphics are great, with compromises on my iPhone 4. There's slight but noticeable stuttering (and some flashing graphical glitches on enemy models), so the gameplay is not perfectly smooth. However, it does not detach any enjoyment out of the game.

The music is great, and amongst the best three kingdoms music, with suitably bombastic and loud symphonic arrangements.

Final verdict: a slightly technically flawed product, but a great fix for DW fans.

*Edit: @Lawliet
The attack speed is just on par with medium attack speed DW characters. Though the stuttering I've mentioned does create sense of slowness.

On a side note, this game needs a musou attack (Turn-A's nuclear bomb combination musou attack in DW: Gundam 2 comes into mind ).
Let me concurr. My experience with DW is limited to playing Samurai Warriors on the 3DS and a bit of time with a couple of DW demos on the PSP, so I can't speak to the authenticity of costumes, moves, weapons, etc. The action, though, is simplified DW through and through. It runs great on the 4S, there's plenty of content, including boss fights and mini-games, and the IAP (which you can argue shouldn't be there in a $3.99 game) is not outrageous. As far as number of enemies on screen, draw distance, etc, the game compares well with Samurai Warriors; this one, however, dispenses with the faux tactical aspects of
SW, which IMO makes it a more enjoyable game.

It should be noted that DW has many detractors, and this game shares basically the same faults: repetitive combat, mindless AI (except for the bosses), overblown storyline, etc.

Last edited by squarezero; 05-27-2012 at 11:04 AM.