★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ECA-Games
  • Genre: Racing
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 474.6 MB
  • Version: 1.3.7
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (2)
App description: You can now use Rock(s) Rider together with the Nitro and Safety Cage systems to boost your adrenalin. Everything is optimized for the new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.

Rock(s) Rider has been featured by Apple as "Editors' Choice" in 48 countries

------------------------------------------------------

"Rock(s) Rider is looking to stand out from the crowd by offering some fairly unique modes and vehicles for the genre" -- 148apps, 4/5

"The graphics are great, the soundtrack is superb, and the gameplay is pure adrenaline." -- AppAdvice, 4.5/5

"It provides a series of tricky physics based puzzle like challenges, coupled with amazing 3D graphics and highly functional controls." -- iFanzine, 4/5

"Rock(s) Rider is an excellent game with stellar graphics, great gameplay and control customisation for any player." -- App-Score, 9/10

"Rock(s) Rider easily becomes a must have for anyone thats a fan of the genre and looking for a challenge." -- AppStoreArcade, 9/10

"Rock(s) Rider is a great arcade style motorbike game, which is not common on the App Store." -- MacTrast, 4/5

"I have played numerous motorcycle games and have not found one that is as much fun to play or that played as well as this game does." -- CrazyMikesApps, 4.5/5

Know that feeling? Put earplugs in, shake them with the rock, start the bike, and with the roaring engine accomplish the impossible. Thats the new Rock(s) Rider. Show them what youve got and reach the finish line despite the various obstacles, junk, and pitfalls. Let's rock and ride!

- A large number of levels in various environments
- Slide on a modified motorcycle with welded pipes
- Crazy rides on a trike
- Hill climb levels in a factory chimney
- Side-by-side races with the Boss
- Bet on fulfillment of the challenges and earn a better position in the leaderboards
- More than 150 challenges
- 65 leaderboards
- 56 achievements
- Extremely realistic graphics with textures in high resolution for the new iPad
- Extensive rock soundtrack
- 9 control variants for the perfect playability
- Ultra-realistic bike physics

As always, your 5-star iTunes ratings and reviews keep the updates coming.

Visit our homepage at www.eca-games.com
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ecagames or like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ecagames to get more info about all our upcoming titles.
Check out our videos and game trailers www.youtube.com/ECAGamesOfficial

Sanuku's comments:

Lite:

05-30-2012, 05:09 AM
This one looks pretty darn good. It's been a while since we had a good iOS Trials game..I think.

Twitter: @back2this

05-30-2012, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
This one looks pretty darn good. It's been a while since we had a good iOS Trials game..I think.
There's never been a good iOS Trials game and there's a bloody good reason for it as well! Analogue controls are absolutely ESSENTIAL for the genre, and iOS doesn't offer them in any competent way, if at all. Advanced play is literally impossible without analogue controls and so the iOS games have to rely on cartoon physics, as in Bike Baron.

This game looks pathetic. It couldn't be ripping off Trials HD's entire aesthetic any more if it actually just called itself Trials HD.
05-30-2012, 05:21 AM
Bit harsh ! Wouldnt say it looks pathetic. Even if you think that as a long time gamer i know that graphics arent everything, its all about the gameplay.

The game does look good but i'm still happy (and enjoying) with XTreme Wheels which came out a fair while ago, similar type of game.

May get this new one though as the video looks pretty good
05-30-2012, 05:48 AM
It is fairly obvious that the look of this game is lifted directly from Trials HD. Which is odd as Redlynx themselves have moved away from that style in Trials Evolution. And yes, no iOS game without physical controls will ever be as good as those titles....

But Redlynx are unwilling or too slow to do an iOS port so what ya gona do :/

Games that will never leave my iPad : Great Big Wargame, Battle Academy, Battle of the Bulge, Ravenmark and Hunters 2.
05-30-2012, 05:54 AM
So it's finally here... Wonder if it'll dethrone Xtreme Wheels from the king of the most realistic trials hd clone on iOS

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
05-30-2012, 06:13 AM
judging from the trailer the physics don't seem to be realistic at all

greetings

MJFox
05-30-2012, 06:55 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to Zendorphin Send a message via Skype™ to Zendorphin
Title annoys me but the game itself looks good. Will wait on impressions though in case it's a great release week. In which case, I'll have to be selective.
05-30-2012, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendorphin View Post
Title annoys me but the game itself looks good. Will wait on impressions though in case it's a great release week. In which case, I'll have to be selective.
Just wanna point out that a lite version has apparently been out for the last 6 months and was updated a couple of weeks ago. Everyone who's on the fence about this should probably do themselves a favor and check it out. That's what I'm doing as we speak.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
05-30-2012, 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toythatkills View Post
This game looks pathetic. It couldn't be ripping off Trials HD's entire aesthetic any more if it actually just called itself Trials HD.
Thanks for saying this, so for once I don't have to. Also the title is inane to the point of blatant stupidity.