Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-13-2012, 11:40 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Akane the Kunoichi (Universal)

Old 06-13-2012, 11:42 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Nice find, Will add to my buy list tonight.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:02 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

I have absolutely no idea what this is, but a 4/5 stars based on 842 ratings on Xbox Live? Bought.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:07 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Absolutely instabought. I haven't played this before either, but this just reeks of quality and fun.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:21 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

A solid little platformer which comes with a couple of relatively minor control issues. Those out of the way first: on the iPhone, the movement buttons (or the active area around them) are too small. I found my thumb frequently straying either too far right, or too low, resulting in loss of control. On the iPad, the buttons are large enough, but unfortunately are not configurable, resulting in a problem as well. The "special move" button is especially hard to reach. Both of these issues require only simple fixes, providing of course the developer chooses to implement them. The game is absolutely playable as is, but flawed.

That aside, this is a solid, fun, retro style platformer that's easily recommended. Particularly if you are sick of all the bite-sized reach-the-goal-in-twelve-seconds, or single screen platformers pervading the iOS. While the levels are not huge here, there's definitely a sense of exploration and progression missing from many other titles.

A number of videos of the Xbox version are available on YouTube.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:24 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

I like this game as well. On the iPad the buttons are fine but I did find that I still missed or slid off them from time to time. Annimation looked a little stiff in some spots but over all it is an impressive game.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:25 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
A solid little platformer which comes with a couple of relatively minor control issues. Those out of the way first: on the iPhone, the movement buttons (or the active area around them) are too small. I found my thumb frequently straying either too far right, or too low, resulting in loss of control. On the iPad, the buttons are large enough, but unfortunately are not configurable, resulting in a problem as well. The "special move" button is especially hard to reach. Both of these issues require only simple fixes, providing of course the developer chooses to implement them. The game is absolutely playable as is, but flawed.

That aside, this is a solid, fun, retro style platformer that's easily recommended. Particularly if you are sick of all the bite-sized reach-the-goal-in-twelve-seconds, or single screen platformers pervading the iOS. While the levels are not huge here, there's definitely a sense of exploration and progression missing from many other titles.

Considering I'm about 10 hours away from trying any of my purchases from today out, this is quite a relief and I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post

I'm really enjoying this too. I like the level variety. I do agree about the controls being a bit too small. I'm also a hard time with the wall bouncing -- I've seen other games handle it better. But all in all this is a winner.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:35 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

This one's definitely a sleeper hit. Didnt expect this to be this good. Im sure the devs can do something with the control issues which is, for me, is pretty minor.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:02 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by LordGek; 06-14-2012 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: I embeded the Youtube link for you.