Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 06-22-2012, 03:49 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Toon Shooters: Rise of the Fleet [Universal] - Classic shoot 'em up on an epic scale

Trailer:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Characters:

Pets:

Last edited by Mooff.Games; 07-02-2012 at 12:55 PM..
Old 06-23-2012, 09:26 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I've been playing this, and it's actually a really competent shmup. Same-device multiplayer actually works really well too. There's also a lot of variety in levels and powerups (in the form of wingmen).
Old 06-23-2012, 10:32 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Wow. This has surprised me. Think it's great. A lot of variety, nods to R-Type with the power ups and some enemies. Haven't had to get any IAP's yet. Wish the adverts at the end of each level would go (think it said the next update would fix this)

But a great relative touch shoot em up. There is another ship you can use but it's a 360 degrees control type of ship. Tricky to use

Impressed with this so far
Old 06-23-2012, 10:40 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

thank you for pointing this out in the group, Strive. It's a great shooter! =oD

Can't wait to get deeper into it, and unlock more of the characters... hope they each have their own little tweaks, changing how you play with them... =oD
Old 06-23-2012, 10:43 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Wow. This has surprised me. Think it's great. A lot of variety, nods to R-Type with the power ups and some enemies. Haven't had to get any IAP's yet. Wish the adverts at the end of each level would go (think it said the next update would fix this)

But a great relative touch shoot em up. There is another ship you can use but it's a 360 degrees control type of ship. Tricky to use

Impressed with this so far
I think its an IAP to disable ads. Fun game though and love the art work. =)

For the 2 starting characters, they handle totally differently. Cant wait to see how the others handle.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:23 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I'm not a huge shmup fan, but this is just fun.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:28 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Yeah, I tried it out yesterday when this thread popped up, but ultimately deleted it because of the ads. Guess I'll put it back on my phone when the update hits. Lots of variety and it's just plain fun.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:36 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Yeah, I tried it out yesterday when this thread popped up, but ultimately deleted it because of the ads. Guess I'll put it back on my phone when the update hits. Lots of variety and it's just plain fun.
I don't know what update you're talking about, but there is an IAP to disable ads (0.99 to remove ads, get 20k coins, and a perma-laser dog) (edit: oh okay, I see it now. They are removing the ads and making it a paid game next update, and people who paid for ad removal will get a "nice bonus"). The game is fun, a bit freemiumish, but not too distastefully so, at least not so far. Definitely recommended as a free download if you like shmups.

Last edited by Royce; 06-23-2012 at 11:48 AM..
Old 06-23-2012, 11:41 AM

Agreed with the general sentiment. Looking forward to the ads being removed (not that they're that intrusive, but they are kind of crass in an otherwise polished game. I like that the power-ups you buy with in-game currency are permanent. Getting the rear shooting one is a must .
Old 06-23-2012, 12:53 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Wow, I am impressed by this game! Bright retina graphics, lots of power ups and variety of enemies, and the boss battles are really fun! I especially like the controls, which are touchy-just right, and my finger never gets in the way like so many other games! A respectable little SHMUP indeed! The ads were kind of annoying, but in this case, I want to support this dev, so I gave him the $.99 to get rid of 'em, some extra coins, and a perma-laserdog with the promise of a 'bonus' when the game goes paid. Surprised at the overall quality of this one! Recommended.