★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Zombie HQ is a highly-accomplished and satisfyingly brutal arcade slasher that should leave even the most over-saturated fans of the undead genre feeling very happy indeed. - Modojo

A surprising and delicious package to unwrap. 148 Apps

Your city has been overrun. The zombie infestation is seriously getting in the way of your downtime. Its time to take back whats yours!

Scavenge what you can, find bigger and badder weapons, and take the fight to the undead!

The streets are no longer safe, but you can seek refuge on the rooftops. What you need is somewhere to catch a breath, somewhere safe to kick back and prepare for your next explosive zombie-killing mission ... what you need is a Zombie HQ!

FAST-PACED ZOMBIE-BLASTING ACTION
Shoot your way through 18 action-packed levels of zombie-slaying goodness.
Rescue survivors and complete extra bonus missions for big rewards.
Use and upgrade shotguns, flamethrowers, explosives, rifles, gun turrets, chainsaws and more!

CUSTOMISE YOUR PERFECT ROOFTOP HIDEOUT
Deck out your ultimate zombie safe house with weapons systems, pool tables, hot tubs, turntables whatever you need to see out the apocalypse!
Earn extra rewards from different daily items and events around your base.
Kit yourself out in the latest zombie survival apparel, from caps and hockey facemasks to centurion armour!

CONSOLE-QUALITY GAMING
Fight through detailed 3D environments as you battle for survival.
Make the most of A7 Apple devices with impressive custom full-screen FX.
Play Zombie HQ on your favourite compatible gamepad.*

Not everyone will survive the zombie apocalypse, but with a fully tricked out HQ... you will!

* Controller support requires iOS 7 or later and is compatible with iPhone 5, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPad 2 or later, and iPod touch (5th generation)."

psj3809's comments:

Well this one seemed to arrive quietly. I'm a big 2000ad fan and their publisher (Rebellion) published their first game Judge Dredd which wasnt bad but it quite 'samey' with the levels.

Suddenly saw this on their twitter feed, its a great dual stick game with lots of different missions.

The way they do their dual stick is the bottom left to move about and then the fire button you just press and it'll automatically aim/fire in the direction you're facing which works well once youre used to it.

Had a quick go last night and very impressive, its kinda like Bullet Time, missions as i say, there is IAP's but so far havent had to touch it.

But i personally think its really good
06-29-2012, 03:38 PM
Zombie HQ

Just started playing this - excellent little game. Highly recommend

06-29-2012, 05:59 PM
This game would rock if the energy clock actually refilled in the few minutes it lists instead of the 160!!! hours it shows after rebooting.

Oops, quit and rebooted again. Now I have to spend money or wait over 440 hours. What BS.

The game is fun; CHARGE ME and get rid of the scam clock!

What am I talking about, I would never do business with a company which makes their product impossible to use within a reasonable human lifetime. IAPS? I'll spend my money on Ascension expansions, GOF2 Expansion, maybe the new Zen Pinball table.

Ya know, expansions, not fake money. From companies that don't treat you like wallet with a name.
06-29-2012, 06:13 PM
Game Impressions

As already Greyskull said there are still a bunch of Bugs (Yes the Audio is one Point of it) left in the Game that need to get fixed otherwise I really liked it so far.
06-29-2012, 07:16 PM
I gotta say this is actually a very awesome game. In general, I'm not a fan of games that make you wait to play them, but generally I think even the clock as it was is fairly tolerable. However, I'm sure the fact the clock goes to 160 hrs or whatever is a bug and it happened to my game as well. Until the clock is fixed, there's no real point in playing it further.

*Note: Don't take everything that happens in a game that seems out of place as an attack on the consumer. So much paranoia running around these days...

...except for certain game companies. I'm lookin' at you, Gamevil!
06-29-2012, 07:28 PM
Multiple IAPs that cost $99. Instant turnoff. Too bad the game has real good atmosphere, and a decent auto-aim DSS-style mechanic.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
06-29-2012, 09:10 PM
The energy system is... weak.

5 energy pts is only enough for a mission, instead of 5 missions

Harder missions cost more, but thankfully they allowed us to earn premium currency a by grinding survivors.

Will rate later time. Just my simple impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Just wait until school lets out.

GC : decoyh
Currently playing : Frisbee Forever 2, CTR:Experiments
06-29-2012, 09:19 PM
I tried this game. The energy thing turned me off a lot. The game seemed okay but lacking. Besides dead trigger is taking up all my zombie killing time at the moment.
06-29-2012, 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aptbreen0508 View Post
Still, wish there was some place to take it easy for a while. Some place up high where a fella could catch a break from bashing zombie skulls. You know, a Zombie HQ of sorts
Yeah, it would be great to have a Zombie HQ without such horribly unbalanced IAPs...

DBC

I give up.
06-29-2012, 10:57 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to dyscode
Uh, this looks just like a reskin of the teribble IAP fest that Jugde Dredd vs Zombies was.

- GameCenter: dyscoder
- the (nearly) ultimate intel HD Graphics 3000 game performance sheet - Contributers welcome