Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-02-2012, 02:58 PM

Default BADLAND - atmospheric action adventure from Frogmind!

BADLAND is an atmospheric side-scrolling action adventure located in a gorgeous forest full of various inhabitants, trees and flowers. Although the forest looks like it’s from some beautiful fairytale, there seems to be something terribly wrong. The player controls one of the forest’s inhabitants to discover what’s going on. Through his journey he discovers astonishing amount of imaginative traps and obstacles.

BADLAND takes side-scrollers to the next level with its innovative physics based gameplay combined with the extremely beautiful atmospheric graphics and audio.

BADLAND has been designed specifically for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch and uses one-touch controls to give the player the best possible control mechanics. In addition, the graphics have been designed to fully use the retina Retina Display of these devices. The result is an highly immersive, addicting gaming experience.

More info coming later this year. Meanwhile, subscribe to our blog, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter to get the latest news about BADLAND. Stay tuned!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

We (Johannes Vuorinen and Juhana Myllys) are two game industry veterans who just recently formed a new two-man indie game studio called Frogmind. Our latest projects before Frogmind were Trials Evolution (Xbox360, metascore 90) and MotoHeroz (Wii/iOS, metascore 82) both developed by RedLynx where we were both working before. Johannes was the lead in-game editor programmer of Trials Evolution, and Juhana was the lead artist of MotoHeroz. We love to develop and play games, and our vision is to reflect this feeling in BADLAND.

Last edited by Johannes Vuorinen; 03-14-2013 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: First video and screenshots added
Old 07-02-2012, 03:27 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

This art looks awesome!!! Can't wait for more stuff!! Wish you good start guys!
Old 07-02-2012, 04:52 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

From the blog on their website:

Quote:
BADLAND is an atmospheric side-scrolling action adventure coming to iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
Sign me up! I love a good side scroller.

I do have one nitpick, though:

Quote:
...and now we are ready to reveal our first upcoming game, BADLAND.
I think "announce" would have been a better way of putting that, since there isn't much of anything actually revealed of the game. All we know is that it's an atmospheric side scroller, and we have what looks to be the title screen artwork. Not very revealing, if you ask me.

Again, that's just me being nitpicky... Don't mind me. I'm actually looking forward to what this game turns out to be, because "atmospheric" and "side scrolling" are two elements that definitely peak my interest.
Old 07-02-2012, 05:30 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
From the blog on their website:

Sign me up! I love a good side scroller.

I do have one nitpick, though:

I think "announce" would have been a better way of putting that, since there isn't much of anything actually revealed of the game. All we know is that it's an atmospheric side scroller, and we have what looks to be the title screen artwork. Not very revealing, if you ask me.
Hello!

Good point there Mike! But about that artwork...

I currently work as an artist / designer at Frogmind and let me assure you that every artwork we have revealed from BADLAND will be in-game graphics.
It looks ok now but it will look even better in motion So stay tuned and follow our development at:

http://www.badlandgame.com
Old 07-02-2012, 05:52 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Nice start, can't wait to hear (and see) more!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:30 PM

From my experience when you hear a lot of things and see almost nothing about a game it is either a total fail or a big success. Nothing in between. Sooo will be watching this closely and hope for the best.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:02 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x

Seriously good piece of artwork. Very interested to see where this goes.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:49 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

We here at Frogmind are also truly excited about BADLAND. We are really aiming high with our first game and our goal is to create as immersive gaming experience as possible.

There's still a lot to do but we'll keep you regularly posted!
Old 07-03-2012, 08:56 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

How is a two man team funding this game of such apparent high quality? Do you have a big publisher like Chillingo to back you up? Are you going to start a kickstarter for funds soon?

Game looks amazing!
Old 07-03-2012, 11:17 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Well... We know they have a ass-kicking artist on board.