★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: From the creators of the hit RPG titles SEED - Rise of Darkness and SEED 2 - Vortex of War comes SEED 3: Heroes in Time. Play as Mikhail, embark on an epic adventure and save the Kingdom of Maxima from evil! Featuring all the classic RPG adventure gameplay players have come to expect from the series, Heroes in Time is the essential edition to any role-playing game collection.

Incredible Features
Hours upon hours of gameplay with side quests woven into the main campaign.
Gorgeous visuals are a stylish throwback to classic RPG games.
Become engrossed in the deep, well-written and exciting story.
Huge game world to explore with a multitude of expansive environments.
Epic musical scoreperfect for headphones.

For more information or support, please visit www.chillingo.com

Sanuku's comments:

07-04-2012, 05:10 AM
Aw cmon... Free?

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword

07-04-2012, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Aw cmon... Free?
My guess is that its going to be free with lots of IAP
07-04-2012, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrost View Post
My guess is that its going to be free with lots of IAP

Good guess.
I remember the last SEED games. Had quite some IAP.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
07-04-2012, 05:20 AM
I still think SEED is the worst popular KRPG series on the iOS. Expect lots of grinding on top of grinding.
07-04-2012, 06:38 AM
Impressions ? I know it's early but im really curious how the IAP compares to other "free" KRPGS like zenonia4....

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..
07-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev1 View Post
Impressions ? I know it's early but im really curious how the IAP compares to other "free" KRPGS like zenonia4....
It`s actually pretty solid. Sure there is obviously some iAP coming with it since it`s Free but overall I don`t regret loading it up as the first Game tonight.

To sum it up it`s the Fantasy - King - Kids - Prophecy - Witch - Bad - Want to kill Kids - Split Kids - 10 Years later - King meets his Kid but doesn`t recognize him Story you would expect from a KRPG/JRPG.

While this sounds pretty boring on the first look it isn`t overall. Even I have played so far only the first ten Minutes of the Game I`m definitely looking forward how the Story and the Fighting itself will move along when I dig deeper into the Game.

As usual I`m already upload a HD Gameplay Trailer of the first 16. Minutes of Gameplay. As soon as it will be Online I will let you know.
07-04-2012, 09:03 AM
This looks fkin amazing. can't wait for tonight!!! woot!
07-04-2012, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
It`s actually pretty solid. Sure there is obviously some iAP coming with it since it`s Free but overall I don`t regret loading it up as the first Game tonight.

To sum it up it`s the Fantasy - King - Kids - Prophecy - Witch - Bad - Want to kill Kids - Split Kids - 10 Years later - King meets his Kid but doesn`t recognize him Story you would expect from a KRPG/JRPG.

While this sounds pretty boring on the first look it isn`t overall. Even I have played so far only the first ten Minutes of the Game I`m definitely looking forward how the Story and the Fighting itself will move along when I dig deeper into the Game.

As usual I`m already upload a HD Gameplay Trailer of the first 16. Minutes of Gameplay. As soon as it will be Online I will let you know.
I agree, though I must qualify my assessment with a reminder that Seed games have a way of starting pretty solid and then turning into grind/fetch-quest parties. I'm about an hour in and can say:

1) the port is excellent, with great framerate, nice 2-D graphics that are soft without being blurry, great use touch controls on the UI, etc.

2) Movement controls are decent (especially for a KRPG) though not perfect by any means. However, they've added a targetting mechanic that makes combat much less frustrating than it could be.

3) The story is standard fairy tale stuff, but it gives clear and understandable motivations to the characters, which makes a big difference in an RPG. The translation is professionally made, with proper grammar and spelling, no cut-off words, etc.

4) The environments are nicely detailed, with subtle animations that add a sense place. The world itself is huge and surprisingly varied, even within a particular section of the map.

5) Character animation is pretty good, though I wish they would do more with mob deaths.

6) The skill and class systems seem straightforward and a bit shallow (not necessarily a bad thing IMO), but there seems to be a ton of loot, all of which shows in your character.

Time will tell whether this falls apart in the grind/IAP department (so far the only IAP I've encountered is to unlock the "Coliseum" which seems to be a separate thing from the main game). For now, I've been digging the game.

Last edited by squarezero; 07-04-2012 at 09:39 AM.
07-04-2012, 10:53 AM
A few Qs:

1: Does it suffer from "Hyper speed syndrome" like 90% of all KRPGS?

2: How open does the world seem at first glance? I understand you've only played for a while, but you usually get a hint pretty early

3: how does the challenge seem? To easy?

4: how does loot seem? Color coded? Fun? Interesting? Rare?

Thx a lot