App description: "Does Vubu make it onto the list of Best Puzzle Apps of the year? I think so!" - gottasolveit.blogspot.com

"I am very surprised how addicting this game is... I like a challenge, and this game does really make you think." - The Weekender

"It's a puzzle game... and it's a good one too!" - CGRundertow

Vubu: Ancients of the Sky

The Vubu sky sanctuaries are overrun with a terrible curse and must be evacuated. Guide the Vubu to the portals while keeping them away from traps and ledges. There's one catch - they all move in unison! Careful positioning is required.

THE FIVE VUBU

The Nomad: The most common Vubu. Nomads will follow your directions indiscriminately. This means they will happily step off a ledge if you're not careful!

The Wise Man: The more intelligent Vubu. He will not fall off ledges or step onto trap tiles. It would be prudent to use him to block other Vubu from danger.

The Blind Man: He will dare not move unless there is another Vubu adjacent to him.

The Stone Man: Stubborn. He will not move if there is another Vubu adjacent to him. This can either work for you or against you.

The Dragon: Spews fire. Keep the other Vubu away!

MAIN FEATURES

5 worlds and 130 levels
4 game modes: Novice, Standard, Advanced, and Numeric
5 types of Vubu with unique traits
Many obstacles including floor switches, traps, blocks, and teleports
Multiple solutions for most levels
2 control options: swiping or arrow buttons
Multiple undos plus an auto-undo option
Original soundtrack

Vurez's comments:

http://facebook.com/VubuGame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKG-6v_O3GA

Promo codes

JPEE794J6RAP
EK9MKJLHE76H
YPM7JJXP6XAW
KHFXFPWLX67F
FYMK7WHE3T3F
YFA34X49LAY6

07-05-2012, 10:41 PM
I used YPM7JJXP6XAW. Thanks! I was looking forward to this one.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve

07-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Game Impressions

Took FYMK7WHE3T3F, thanks!
I played through the first 10 levels and found it awesome! Great ambience and challenging puzzle mechanics always go well together. Everything about the game has been well thought of.
If I really ought to be picky, I'd say that the ground tiles could have used more polish/be more pleasing on the eye, but really ,congrats to the one man team!

I'm really looking forward to further levels and the other game modes.
07-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Thanks, I picked up JPEE794J6RAP.
07-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Got EK9MKJLHE76H. Thank you.
07-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Great Fun & Super Atmosphere

Tried the first few levels. I found it to be a really fun game. Everything is solid. Good graphics, good music and challenging game play. It's the old saying, "What's not to love?". It's great puzzling fun!
07-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the feedback guys. It's good to see people are enjoying it!

Sri Ram, I'll keep your comments about the tiles in mind for the future. I'd be curious to hear if you think the tiles for chapters 3, 4, and 5 are better than the first two. They have more detail.

I got some suggestions from someone on another forum. One was giving an option to replay a level right after completing it. Another was to show the star that you get upon level completion. And lastly: an option to cycle through the levels you've finished (within the levels). I do like these, and I plan on implementing them in an update down the road.
07-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Thanks for the code - what a great puzzle game. I've played through the first 9 or 10 levels - looking to complete more and get to the other Vubu types. So far, I've encountered blocks and death traps... The music and graphics are just right, I like the fact that you open up two puzzles at a time so that you can skip one if needed, and the puzzles are certainly quite challenging. It's pretty funny when you make a wrong move...the "whoosh" sound when you lose a Vubu off the edge is classic.

Overall - great puzzle game. Definitely a solid addition for any puzzle fan!
(I agree - showing the star rating on completion would be great)
07-07-2012, 12:50 AM
I am really enjoying this puzzler as well. Very polished and fun. Also quite challenging.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
07-07-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm not sure if the promo codes are all used up yet or not, but if there is anyone is on the fence, I should stress that this is the last day for the introductory $0.99 sale. After today it will be 1.99.