Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-09-2012, 12:41 PM

Default Pitfall - (by ACTIVISION BLIZZARD, INC.)[Universal]

Quote:
The first game from Activision's new Leeds, UK mobile studio is a revamp of classic owned IP Pitfall, not Call of Duty, the firm has told MCV.

Activision has swiftly moved to put the record straight after reports late last week claimed it was working on a UK-made Call of Duty for smartphones.

But this afternoon Activision's Martyn Brown, the Team 17 co-founder tapped up to build the new studio, told MCV:

"In setting up there has been a lot of interest given the publisher we are working with. In the third week of may we revealed we had the studio, and yes it is based in Leeds, and we have hired some key talent in the form of Mark Washbrook and Mark Lloyd [formerly of Rockstar Games].

"The first game we are making is in fact Pitfall, which is 30 years old this year."

Pitfall is a symbolic choice for the new UK studio - the 1982 original was Activision's first major release, coded by co-founder David Page. Ports appeared on many 8-bit systems and Activision has remade the title a number of times for later formats.

Pitfall for smartphones is a fresh take, said Brown.

"We've been working on Pitfall since earlier in the year when we set up and it has been really good to revisit that and bring it to a modern audience."

More details on the game, Brown said, will be revealed in due course as the team puts the finishing touches to the title.

Brown said that Pitfall is ultimately just one of a raft of Activision IPs it has the chance to introduce to the fast-growing audience for smartphone games.

He explained: "Being able to call upon a wide portfolio of properties is really good for us and we are looking forward to finally showing it to more people."
Source:

Last edited by Sanuku; 07-09-2012 at 01:00 PM..
Old 07-09-2012, 12:54 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Yes! Finally! Been waiting for this for SO long, and now I'm going to have this in my pocket!!! Wow! Lots of people are going to be very excited about THIS!! YEAAAYY!
When to expect this?
Old 07-09-2012, 12:59 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Wait... So no CoD?
Old 07-09-2012, 01:00 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I think Pitfall can make a great mobile game.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:00 PM

While I do really appreciative it that Activision finally stood down from it`s Horse and start to act on the Mobil Battlefield with an own Studio their new Entrance seem to be kinda Lame.

Instead of bringing one of it`s recent Multi Million Dollar Franchise to the Mobil World with a big Bang all we get is Pitfall?

Don`t get me wrong - Pitfall is cool and great and I had a great Time with it over the last few Decades but...

ACTIVISION BLIZZARD opens up a hole new Studio in Great Britain and all we get is a Port of an 30 Years old Game?

This is kinda Lame.

Taking a look at the other Activision Games on the Appstore I ask myself how ACTIVISION BLIZZARD expect to survive against EA Mobil & Gameloft when all we get are either bad 3DS Ports of their Call of Duty Franchise or some Ports of some stale Games that have been ported to everything I can imagine - Even Toilette's in Tokyo.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:20 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

What we really need now is an entire collection of their classic hits on one app like the Atari one!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:15 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Woooo... NOSTALGIA!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:19 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
What we really need now is an entire collection of their classic hits on one app like the Atari one!
Except with good controls
Old 07-09-2012, 07:20 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Except with good controls
EXACTLY! Ha, Ha! I thought of that as I exited my last post there! You called it!
Old 07-09-2012, 07:26 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Yes! Finally! Been waiting for this for SO long, and now I'm going to have this in my pocket!!! Wow! Lots of people are going to be very excited about THIS!! YEAAAYY!
When to expect this?
My sentiments exactly..