Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-12-2012, 04:48 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Default Fix-it Felix Jr. by Disney [Universal]

The 8-bit themed "Fix-It Felix Jr." iOS game from the upcoming (November 2012) Disney movie has been released.

Last edited by AnarKitty; 07-13-2012 at 02:26 PM.. Reason: Dev changed the game's name. :P
Old 07-12-2012, 09:11 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

OMG when I saw the preview in the movie theater for this I wanted to play the game so bad! My dreams have come true!!
Old 07-13-2012, 12:24 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Pumped for this movie. Just downloaded the game. Fun little game for a minute. The controls are janky so quite often I am tapping left, down or right and my guy just sits there. That is disappointing. A game like this needs to be precise but, it is a free promo game so whatever. The movie looks awesome.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:28 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked8146 View Post
Pumped for this movie. Just downloaded the game. Fun little game for a minute. The controls are janky so quite often I am tapping left, down or right and my guy just sits there. That is disappointing. A game like this needs to be precise but, it is a free promo game so whatever. The movie looks awesome.
They're hard to see, but there are walls surrounding some windows.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:40 PM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 07-13-2012, 10:11 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Probably the closest we'll get to Donkey Kong on the iOS.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:56 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Why has more attention not been given to this game?

Ps. It's iCade compatible, plays like Donkey Kong and Rampage and has a very Mario-esque soundtrack. The virtual controls are annoying I will admit, but with my iControlPad this game kicks 8-bit butt.

Last edited by frasermorgan; 09-05-2012 at 09:59 AM..
Old 11-05-2012, 05:12 PM

Default Amazingly disappointing

Considering that this is Disney, and it's in aid of a movie centered around this video game? This is amazingly disappointing.

The graphics are actually pretty good. They're certainly "in character" and pop nicely. Sound is similarly well done. Even the design for the game is quite passable. It's certainly true to the era.

The controls though are terrible. I thought I was being a pansy about this, but I shoved the game into 5 other pairs of hands and everyone was confused until I explained how the weird little virtual analog stick was meant to work.

The really awful part though, is how feebly this resembles the game from the movie. From the missing little cut-scenes (critical to the story!), to lost opportunities to integrate the movie's ending (won't spoil here) and overall premise into the game, the overall package here is so light on presentation as to really really make you regret Disney's choice to shortchange the development.

This was an 8 bit game that should have been easy to knock out with today's tools. All it needed was some love and attention to craft. Instead we get this bargain basement, weak effort. A terrible shame for such a terrific movie; and a terrible shame for such a big company!

Eli et co.: you guys really should give them shit about this.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:24 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

^LOL... Ignorance is entertaining. I feel bad for you to use one of your first 2 posts for a rant.

This was free because this is a part of the 3 games included in the Wreck-It Ralph game now available on the appstore. Yes, these arent the best games per se, but you still get 3 mediocre games (or clones) in a $1 title. The Wreck-it Ralph title has more of the movie feel in its entirety than just 1 of its mini games. Of course it doesnt have movie cutscenes either.

If the movie get so much attention that it gets sequels, i assure you Disney will create better games under this title... Multiple games even.

But not as it is right now. Creating high production value games to tie in with not-so-proven-to-earn-money-yet movie franchise isnt really a wise idea, and Disney knows that.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiel View Post
Eli et co.: you guys really should give them shit about this.
Read the TA Plays article per chance? Sounds like they didn't think it was all that bad. Anyway, at least this portion of the threesome is free for the taking.