Support our Sponsors:

Old 07-12-2012, 08:28 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Dexter the Game 2

It's official! Just a minute ago, Ecko|Code announced the follow-up to what was iPhone's first cinematic 3D, console-level game back in 2009.

Here's the first place you'll see the details since I received them a couple hours ago with a NDA until the Comic-Con announcement, being part of the press!

Developed internally at Ecko|Code in conjunction with SHOWTIME, Dexter The Game 2 puts players in the shoes of America’s favorite vigilante in an open-world Miami. Dexter navigates the city in his own signature style. Crime scenes will be investigated with the knowledge that the serial killers who have evaded Miami’s Police Department will be stalked and given their comeuppance by Dexter's Dark Passenger. Series star and executive producer Michael C. Hall has provided the voice of Dexter Morgan and has been a close collaborator in the game’s development.

“The fan’s main comment about the original game was that it was too short. With Dexter The Game 2’s procedurally created serial killers and cases, the player will never run out bad guys to stalk and crimes to solve,” said Marc Fernandez, Chief Creative Officer of Ecko|Code. ��“Exploring a richly detailed and vast Miami through Dexter’s eyes is thrilling.”

"Over the years we’ve worked closely with Ecko|Code to experiment with how fans enjoy experiencing Dexter’s world in the digital space," said Laura Palmer, Senior Vice President, Distributor Marketing, Showtime Networks. “Combining the freedom and the dark humor and suspense of the series, Dexter The Game 2 is unquestionably the most ambitious project yet.”

Screenshots and a trailer forthcoming!
Old 07-12-2012, 08:40 PM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Sanuku; 07-12-2012 at 09:33 PM..
Old 07-12-2012, 08:45 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to sicksilvo

And here is the debut trailer: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xs4...ler_videogames
Old 07-12-2012, 08:54 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

Since the trailer had dubstep and the fact that it's an open world, I think I'll get this.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicksilvo View Post
Thanks for the Trailer
Old 07-12-2012, 09:01 PM
iPhone (Original), OS 3.x

I suddenly thought about this game the passed days. I even watched gameplay videos just to remember how it looked. This is one of the first iOS games that I enjoyed. And now look at that, just in time with my reminiscing

The graphics wan't much improved but looks like the gameplay is. Driving a car instead of a menu of where you go? Wow!
Old 07-12-2012, 09:22 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Is it just me or does this look open world?
Old 07-12-2012, 11:08 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

This is offensive. Who would choose to be a serial killer? How could you possibly know what it feels like to take a life?
Why would you want to? It's a bad idea.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:33 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt33 View Post
This is offensive. Who would choose to be a serial killer? How could you possibly know what it feels like to take a life?
But apparently they did it :P. Dexter himself may not approve of serial killer video games, except when he's in one.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt33 View Post
Clearly you're not a Dexter fan, so calm down. It's nothing like how it appears, and you don't get it, so instead of making any more blatantly misdirected claims, just ignore it.

Or, read the hilarious and well-written novels by Jeff Lindsay, or watch the (equally well-written but less funny and more dramatic) television show.