Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-20-2012, 09:22 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default About to Blow up! Part 1-New Adventure game from Facepuncher Worldwide. Free codes!

Hi guys! We're very excited to announce that our first game is out for iPhone and iPad today! It is a traditional, point and click adventure game and we hope you like it!

Last edited by FacepuncherWorldwide; 07-20-2012 at 09:40 PM.. Reason: removed ipad link
Old 07-20-2012, 09:33 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default 100 free codes!

We are giving out 50 codes for iPhone and 50 for iPad.
Check it out in this thread!
Old 07-21-2012, 08:46 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Just sent out a bunch of codes. Hope you guys enjoy.
Keep the requests coming!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:49 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

(edit)Whoops, posted in wrong thread.

Last edited by FacepuncherWorldwide; 07-21-2012 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: wrong thread.
Old 07-22-2012, 01:07 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Game Impressions

received a promo code for the iphone version and have been playing it for a couple of hours now and am enjoying it so far. Very polished cartoon style graphics, amusing animation style. The story hasnt developed that much as of yet and i have to admit im stuck at the moment, the puzzles are fun but not always so logical. One thing I normally do with nearly everygame i play is turn off the background music as its ususally crap and irritating, but this one is almost catchy so at the moment its still on. If you are a point and click adventure fan/puzzle fan, which i am, then this is definately worth playing...
Old 07-22-2012, 08:38 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecubes View Post
received a promo code for the iphone version and have been playing it for a couple of hours now and am enjoying it so far. Very polished cartoon style graphics, amusing animation style. The story hasnt developed that much as of yet and i have to admit im stuck at the moment, the puzzles are fun but not always so logical. One thing I normally do with nearly everygame i play is turn off the background music as its ususally crap and irritating, but this one is almost catchy so at the moment its still on. If you are a point and click adventure fan/puzzle fan, which i am, then this is definately worth playing...
Thanks for the review,Icecubes!
Glad you're enjoying the bg music(there will be a new track when you enter the manhole)!
Old 07-23-2012, 11:14 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Game Impressions

Just received one of the codes for the iPhone version and have played for a few hours. Overall a pretty decent game. Here is the rundown of what I've found and think so far:

Pros:
- Graphics are smooth and well done in a really nice cartoon style/comic bookish way
- Touch controls are excellent. No problems hitting the right spot to pick up objects, use them, or combine them. Same with actually interacting with the game. I've had no difficulties or frustration with the controls which is really important for enjoyable game play.
- Music is above average for a point and click. New locations have different music which is nice for variety. I haven't gotten bored or annoyed at any repetitive sounds or music.
- Seems to be good play time for the money($0.99 without the code). *Disclaimer-I haven't finished the game yet so I don't know the total play time but like I said I've played for a few hours and I'm not done yet.

Cons
-The story seems a little slow in developing as you progress through the game. There is a nice little intro into the story of the game but since then I have little idea why I'm doing what I'm doing or why.
-There are plenty of puzzles but most seem to be a bit random and not much logic behind them and can be hard to figure out what to do. In a few there are little hints dropped by characters or you mouse buddy but in most of them it felt like I was blindly clicking until I found something that worked. A little more direction or clues as to what to do would have been nice. I think a part of this is the lack of a story line. With more of a story, directing the player and there enabling them to figure out what to do and where to go with hints from the story line would have been better.

Overall a very nice little point and click game. Much better than a lot of the attempts out there. I'd give it a solid 3.5-4 out of 5 with the deduction coming from the slower/lack of story and the puzzles being more of a click and hope than a logical puzzle. But I would definitely buy it for the App Store price.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:21 AM
iPhone 3GS

Hi thank you for the promo code but idk how to use or put where the promo code so i can download the game without paid $0,99
Old 07-24-2012, 04:35 AM
iPhone 3GS

Okay i know how to use it but it says the code already used, anyway thanks alot
Old 07-24-2012, 11:20 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I have the iPad version of this game and so far I'm enjoying it as well. I love the cartoon look, and while it was just a tad long I enjoyed the opening video. I will admit that there is some trial and error to solving some of these puzzles, but it's definitely kept me thinking. Of course now I'm stuck, so I'm waiting for some help from the developer, but I think any fan of point and click adventures should enjoy this game.

In case anyone can help, how do I get the cheese from the obnoxious rat?