★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Battle Buddies [Canada]

07-23-2012, 09:24 PM
Battle Buddies [Canada]

BATTLE BUDDIES is a turn-based tactical combat game with laid-back attitude, snack-sized sessions and mad mayhem.

Play multiplayer leagues, friend matches and a single player campaign... for FREE!

★★★★★ was the amount of stars I saw, when Ryback knocked me down with a Zap Gun. Jasper Buddy

Devise a plan, execute it well, grab the loot and run away laughing! Control a team of five buddies in tight battles over a variety of top-down maps. Master the field of view, draw attack routes, shoot stuff, knock down walls and butt-kick your way to victory. Challenge all your friends (or the planet!) to head-to-head combat with endless tactical options.

✔ Play cross-platform on iPads, iPhones and iPods
✔ Friend matches and global leagues
✔ Single player campaign
✔ Tactical, turn-based action - play at your own pace
✔ Slick, cartoony 3D graphics
✔ Funny and varied weapons, items and gadgets
✔ Destroyable environments
✔ Innovative, smooth line drawing controls
✔ Inspired by such classics as Laser Squad and X-Com: UFO Defense
✔ Free updates with new features, equipment, levels and more

Note: a network connection is required to play.

Remember, your 5-star ratings keep the updates coming like a Block Buster rocket through five inches of concrete. (Yep, our updates can destroy small buildings.)

Thanks for playing!

07-24-2012, 03:32 AM
Looks like Fun. I`ll give it a try.

07-24-2012, 06:56 AM
Game Impressions

I really love it. While it's still Freemium and even it will take some Time to grind through it to earn everything in the Game without spending some real Money (I would buy it instant if there would be a Build without iAP) it does feel really polished.

Sadly, same as with RAD Soldiers from WarChest Limited, it`s missing a Story Plot so I guess I will have to keep waiting till finally XCOM: Enemy Unknown get released to see a decent Strategy Game with a nice Story in it.

Besides that - Get it as soon as it launch on the Appstore Worldwirde!
07-24-2012, 09:00 AM
This is really a nice surprise...possibly even better than Rad Soldiers.
Extremely polished, a nice Xcom vibe.
07-24-2012, 09:02 AM
Downloading now

GameCenter : amusingGrace
Feel free to add me
07-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Looks cool, sort of a "RAD Soldiers" sort of game. It is free as well, so as soon as this hits worldwide I will probably download this one as well!
02-11-2013, 05:16 PM
Whatever happened to this one? It looked fantastic! Is there any way to get it now?
03-05-2013, 12:37 PM
... Anyone?