★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Acheron Prime is a space shooter RPG set in the dystopian future of Earth and its colonized planets. Presented in a traditional jRPG style blended with western Sci-fi elements, stunning HD graphics, and an engaging storyline, Acheron Prime is a must-have for all fans of this genre.

Join Kirika, an expert Cyborg Pilot as she tries to uncover an interplanetary conspiracy and learn more about her past. Join or rebel against four fully formed factions each with its own goals and agendas and find the secret behind the mysterious Acheron.

Undertake hundreds of story driven side-missions, fight your way through blood-thirsty battles of epic proportions and make a name for yourself that will last throughout the ages!

The Galaxy is in your grasp. Do you have what it takes?
08-03-2012, 08:57 PM
I bit. Will report later tonight.

08-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty curious about this one myself...

If there aren't any glaring issues and if it's more than a clone of Galaxy on Fire, I'll get it too.

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.
08-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Galaxy on Fire, or even if it was like Infinite Space on the DS (character even looks the same)

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
08-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Good Morning. Expect the usual in around one maybe two Hours....
08-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Wow this looks really really really really similar to GoF. Even the placement of buttons and ship O.o. Just judging from screenies so idk about the rest of the game

GC- banger1103
08-03-2012, 11:12 PM
GoF II clone anyone?

Where is the originality on iOS? Seems it went out the door just like Gameloft. Shame.
08-03-2012, 11:48 PM
Game Impressions

08-04-2012, 01:04 AM
6 bucks for a clone of which i have the HD version of. Will wait for impressions before diving in.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
GoF II clone anyone?

Where is the originality on iOS? Seems it went out the door just like Gameloft. Shame.
Talk about over dramatic, jeez.

I wouldn't call this a GOF clone, though there are similarities in the set up. For one, this game pushes much harder on the RPG and combat elements and less on trade and mining. For another, the story is different and, at the start at least, kind of intriguing. As to the $5.99 cost, it goes into things like full voice acting and pretty deep and sophisticated ship upgrade and combat system.

[My main issues are with the mission system, which is a little vague, travel times (too long) and the initial difficulty which seems pretty brutal. I've tried to get past the first mission and failed four times; when you die you end up having to repeat a bunch of tedious travel, as well as re-allocate points, buy and install upgrades, etc. At this point I'm close to giving up, so I guess I can't quite recommend the game.] EDIT: After becoming more familiar with the controls (including the double-speed button) and figuring out that the game saves every time you dock, these complaints are no longer very relevant. The first mission could still be a little clearer, but I've now completed four others that are much more straightforward. The focus on combat and character building makes this more engaging for me than GOF2. The graphics are nowhere near as good, but they're not bad either, and the space combat moves at a steady 60 FPS on my 4S (even with a ton of objects on screen). It's too early to tell if the game is worth the price of admission, but I'm enjoying it so far.

BTW, the voice acting is not great, but certainly comparable to that that of GOF2.

Last edited by squarezero; 08-04-2012 at 08:59 AM.