App description: The award-winning debut adventure game from the creators of The Whispered World and Deponia now on the iPad. Accompany young Edna and her talking stuffed bunny Harvey on a whacky attempt to escape from her padded cell. Experience a bizarre journey all across the insane asylum and far beyond its brick walls.

At the beginning, young Edna wakes up in the padded cell of an insane asylum with no memory of her past. She doesnt have the slightest idea how she wound up there, but one thing is for sure, she wants out! After all, she feels perfectly sane and her talking stuffed bunny Harvey agrees completely. Together, they attempt an escape and, in doing so, meet their extremely bizarre fellow patients from the man in the bee costume to the pseudo-Siamese twins Hoti and Moti. But Dr. Marcel, head of the asylum, will stop at nothing to keep Edna from escaping. What does he have planned for her? And why was her memory erased? Gradually, Edna regains her memory of the time before her detention in her cell

Features:
Over 20 hours of twisted humor
Incredibly funny insane characters and crazy dialogs
Unique comic style
Point & touch adventures with intuitive controls
Unlockable achievements
German and English voiceovers
Facebook integration
The award-winning cult adventure on the iPad for the first time
Winner of the 2009 Red Dot Design Award (PC Edition)
From the creators of the award-winning games The Whispered World and Deponia

Sanuku's comments:

08-08-2012, 06:50 AM
One of my favourite adventures on PC... hilarious!
Must-buy for every adventure fan.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

08-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Ooh. Intriguing. The pricing makes no sense. 6.29? I'm guessing 5.99.

I may just have to give this a good hard look.

GC: andsoitgoes
MP Games: Waterdeep
08-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Ontopic:

I`ll upload the Gameplay Trailer later. I`m currently just to tired to load up everything for a new Recording Round. Honestly, because of the Price Tag and because the Genre of Edna & Harvey: The Breakout I don`t expect a big Buzz about it.

Sadly Eli didn`t added it on the Front Page too so I guess the Game might get overlooked.

Offtopic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Ooh. Intriguing. The pricing makes no sense. 6.29? I'm guessing 5.99.

I may just have to give this a good hard look.
According to Yahoo it might be even 6,73 ~ 6,99 so don`t count on those 5,99. Sometimes it`s hard to predict what Price-Tag it will have because of the different Taxes.

In the End the Developer can even switch the Price for each Country which makes the hole thing even more useless. In the End it`s just an guess what it could be in the States since we have seen already in the past what could happen if a Developer does change the Price-Tag while on the Frontpage of TA is still the old Price listed.

Last edited by Sanuku; 08-08-2012 at 07:29 PM.
08-08-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm sad it didn't get added. I really really hope someone points this out line 190000000000 (sp? )

I was hesitant, but I'm a SUCKER for adventure games. I need some to play with my wife while I'm recovering from surgery. Haha. Not recovering from recovery. /facepalm

Oh, how appropriate is this for younger audiences?

GC: andsoitgoes
MP Games: Waterdeep

Last edited by andsoitgoes; 08-08-2012 at 10:42 PM.
08-09-2012, 10:20 AM
It is not!

It may look like a game for children, with the bright colors, the art style etc - but the story is quite dark, at one point in the game you can see a hanged body with a puddle of urine below him in the background.

Also, it is definitely not easy, likely more difficult than younger audiences are used to.

On Windows, the game has been rated as suitable for all ages in Germany, which led to it being displayed in stores in the childrens game section.

The creator of the game then promised those fans that told stores that the game belonged on the adventure game shelves instead, to sing them a song on YouTube, "Rettet Edna aus dem Kinderspielregal" ("Save Edna from the childrens game shelves"), which he later did^^

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Poki is awesome, the game too
08-09-2012, 05:38 PM
I will be buying this game just as soon as I can free up some memory. I have 2 GB but it says I don't have enough to buy it. What's the requirement...twice the specs? Need to finish and delete a few games and then I'll buy it.
08-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Also, will Daedalic be porting Deponia to iPad?
08-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendahlj View Post
Also, will Daedalic be porting Deponia to iPad?
They said they'd love to port more of their games over, but it all depends on how well Edna is received by the public. Doesn't look too bad over here in Germany, though, where Edna catapulted itself to #1 in the iPad paid charts. A very, very promising start which took them by surprise.
08-10-2012, 10:22 AM
This looks intriguing, but reviews seem to be mixed at best. They mention clunky interface issues (perhaps not so on the iPad version?), localization issues, and obscure puzzles. I will wait and see what the consensus is here from more brave forum members.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve