Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

View Poll Results: Which is the best soccer game?
Real Soccer 09 43 15.25%
X2 Football 117 41.49%
I'll wait for Fifa 2010 55 19.50%
I don't have any of them 67 23.76%
Voters: 282. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-03-2009, 11:45 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default X2 Football (now$1.99 + lite edition)

Quote:
Finally, from the masters of handheld sports, you’ve found a football game that allows you to play according to your rules. X2 Football lets you experience the highs and lows of taking more than 50 National teams through a number of tournaments, leagues and cups, and gives you total control of the action with the revolutionary floating analogue stick and X2 S.M.A.R.T buttons. This ingenious and cutting edge system delivers Slick Movement and Robust Tactics coupled with a fluid, 360 degree control method that takes handheld football to the next level.

The X2 control system means that you can play intuitive football in the way that just feels right. Play thru-balls along the ground or in the air, perform tricks and make the plays happen as you see them. Shoot, make a lofted cross and ping the ball around pitch, but keep an eye on the X2 power gauge to make sure you hit that sweet spot every time. Thanks to the X2 control system it’s easy for a beginner to pick up and play, but to master it takes practice and skill. Just like on a real pitch.

X2 Football also gives you the chance to delve deep into the strategy of the beautiful game if that’s what you want. Take complete control of team management and see how the decisions you make in the dugout translate into success (or failure) on the pitch.

With full motion-captured player animations, a blisteringly fast game engine and the sublime X2 control system, X2 Football brings the pace, nuances and skills of the beautiful game realistically to life.

Last edited by salsamd; 06-14-2009 at 06:30 PM.. Reason: aesthetics
Old 06-03-2009, 11:48 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

Quick slightly related question. Are these PS1 graphics?
Old 06-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Banned

Hmm... I think Real Soccer 09 is better (graphic-wise). And shouldn't it be Futbol, unless different kind of soccer?

I'll pass on this one.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:58 PM

Futbol and football are the same.
Depends on where you come from.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:01 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Yeah, I know, sorry...I don't have access to iTunes...

So for people that have bought real soccer, how does this compare at least graphic wise/control wise?
Old 06-04-2009, 01:10 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

After spending a minute comparing the graphics with Real Soccer I think they look pretty good. Player shadows look more realistic, the player poly count might be higher. Hard to say. The grass has more texture to it.

It would be better to compare the animations and gameplay though, especially the controls. Real Soccer is pretty good. Can't wait to try the lite.

Hmmm downloading the lite version as I type. Here we go!

Note: seems only downloadable through my PC, not the phone.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:22 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Quick Lite

Guys,

It is pretty good....I thinkthe controls a way better than Real Soccer.

All the options from the lite version:

1. Free training: you can feel all the environment (on the offense side)
2. Corners: worst than Real Soccer (too sensitive)
3. Free kick: amazing, much more emotion
4. Penalty kick: this is the best from the game, it is perfect for iWhatever we want to call.

Better than Real Soccer? I would say yes. Worth the money? Not if you already have Real Soccer. If you o not have neither, give a shot to this one.

Since I have Real Soccer from day 1, I will have to wait untill a huge price drop....

Also we must think that FIFA is on its way.....$6.99 sounds too much for a game without licensed names....

PS: it is not available anymore in the US store....I have on my iphone though (bought it from US store)
Old 06-04-2009, 01:24 AM

I downloaded the full version without any problems.

First impressions are this is even better than RF09. Graphics are more detailed/realistic, there's commentary, and IMO the controls are more intuitive. Would love to see them add English clubs in an update. But so far I'm really impressed, and the price is definitely worth it.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:26 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Oh, sorry man, I thought you were making an assumption...my bad...and the full version is available again for me, but still not the lite ???

So Bruno, you would suggest this over Real Soccer in terms of graphics and controls?
Old 06-04-2009, 01:26 AM
Banned
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by meder87 View Post
I tried just now to download from iTunes and it said its no longer in the store.
Yeah i get that message up as well now...just as well i downloaded it before then
I've had a little play and lets see how it compares to RF09 but dont forget FIFA10 will be out sometime soon so we will then see who's the daddy of football/futbol/soccer games.

Graphically on par with RF09 but playability wise i think anyways its miles better...and you dont end up with players running around like headless chickens like you do on RF09...or is that just me

You have your players movement stick bottom left and 3 controls bottom right for your att/def options with pass/shoot/thru ball and slide tackle/change player/hassle player and these work just dandy.

You have training/penalty shootout and international league competitions but NO club teams as the devs decided not to pay the money to get the licenses for clubs but only have international teams...so i guess RF09 wins there cos club teams they have got.

I hear also that they should be adding multiplayer at a latter date so you can play your mates and will look at adding clubs if it sells well....

Overall i like this better than RF09...its playability/controls edges it for me over RF09

What do you guys think?....or will you wait for FIFA10?

Last edited by THE STUD; 06-04-2009 at 02:05 AM..