Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-15-2012, 05:04 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default FREE ALPHA - [tesseract] first person puzzle creator.

Hi, I have a FREE alpha version of my game [tesseract] on the app store. It would be awesome if you could give it a try and offer some feedback.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id503003003

And this will become paid at some time in the future so if you download it now you won't have to pay for it when I start charging!!

[tesseract] is a first person puzzle creator for iPad. You can build and share (sharing coming in the next update) levels.

This is a screen shot of the kind of level you can create with it.

Check out tesseractgame.com for more info.

Thanks for looking and double thanks if you give my game a try.

Cheers!!!!

Last edited by dougalicious; 08-18-2012 at 06:43 PM..
Old 08-16-2012, 02:07 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Early alpha video

This is an old video of the earlier version of [tesseract]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ofi-HWLiIxU
Old 08-16-2012, 02:37 AM

This is good!
Old 08-16-2012, 04:21 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by kin View Post
This is good!
THANKS!

I'm currently working on the uploading and downloading of maps at the moment. I should have it done in a couple of weeks... and then I have to wait 10days for it to get passed on the app store.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:26 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I will try this...
Old 08-16-2012, 09:42 AM

Wow; this is screaming potential at the top of it's voice. I am somewhat confused by it but I look forward to learning.

Watching with much interest.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:51 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaGonzo View Post
Wow; this is screaming potential at the top of it's voice. I am somewhat confused by it but I look forward to learning.

Watching with much interest.
I must admit when i started to develop this idea i didnt have a story all i had was a desire to be able to create fps games with a touch device. And now as I develop [tesseract] it is starting to define its own identity.

This is the first game I have made. And I guess at its core it is more a level editor than a game with enough in game assets that the player can create an environment and piece together a story.

There is nothing new here there is no amazing tech or awesome weapons, Im hoping the difference will be YOU the creator. And with the ability to easily upload and download shared maps I hope people will embrace this.

So I've had about 6k downloads and some great feedback which is helping refine the game. So please feel free to comment on my website or ask any questions.

Or you can follow me on Facebook or twitter!

CHEERS!!!!!

Last edited by dougalicious; 08-16-2012 at 03:56 PM..
Old 08-16-2012, 03:59 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Level editor screengrabs

Touch and drag you finger on the white blocks to paint segments and create rooms

Here you can select and cycle through what items you can put in your room

Last edited by dougalicious; 08-16-2012 at 04:01 PM..
Old 08-16-2012, 06:18 PM

I wouldn't tie myself in knots regarding the back story if I were in your shoes. What you have on your site adds a nice dash of flavour and that's just enough IMHO.

An editor with a game attached is welcomed with open arms by me I can assure you, and many others I'm sure.
I was never able to get my head around "real" editors but things like farcry, opflash (original, not the non BIS travesties) and ARMA provide hours of entertainment just via the ease of editing. It puts me in mind of the timesplitters editor and compliments don't come much better than that!

It seems to me that what you have here has the potential to rival portal and it's test initiative.... without the build times..... and in my hands.

Bold words for early days of course but I want to believe!
Old 08-16-2012, 07:45 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

@MetaGonzo

If I can get even remotely close to the brilliance that is Portal I'd be stoked!!

Also I really like you thinking "An editor with a game attached" I might have to use that as a catch phrase!

I've played around with alot of editors, Unreal/Halo CE on PC/Farcry/Halo Forge. And they are awesome, but I can see why people have teams to create Mods. The editors are very in depth.

I guess my editor in my mind is more for the non technical. Thats why there are some intentional limitations.

The mobile touch interface was also a big part of it all. Once I'd done my first build over 12months ago (the day job and young family means it's taken me a while to get it this far) on my iPad I loved the feel of touching and creating rooms and corridors with one drag of my finger. And being able to do it on the move as well.

There is still along way to go with where I want to get [tesseract] too, probably about another 12 months till I feel it will will be finished. I have released it VERY VERY early but I was too excited about it and I just wanted to share it with everyone.

Anyways I'm glad you're enjoying it!!

cheers