Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-16-2012, 12:04 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Gluey now available on iOS

We're very excited to announce our latest iOS app Gluey!

Forced into weird containers in a far off land, glueys will slosh, splat, split and glorp together in infinitely hilarious ways. Your mission is to combine blobby Zen thinking, manipulate gravity and the occasional thermonuclear explosion to rescue the blobs from an untimely end.

Gluey has been completely redesigned for iOS and includes all new art and levels which are guaranteed to suck away your last remnants of productivity. Did we mention there's toxic waste, bottomless pits, and skulls?

★★★★ "Gluey is tons of fun, but this game will actually make you think and not just go crazy. In fact, in a good way, you will go crazy, maybe even develop obsessive compulsive disorder. Gluey is that addictive." — Givemeapps.com

★★★★★ "Gluey is an original and stylish puzzle game. Deeper than what you may expect. — whatsoniphone.com

★★★★ "We loved the way they sloshed and gurgled in their container providing a brilliant showcase for fluid dynamics on iOS. " — gametrender

The iTunes Store Link: http://itunes.apple.com/app/gluey/id504876423?mt=8

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by mobileAge; 08-27-2012 at 09:17 AM..
Old 08-16-2012, 12:17 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 08-16-2012, 12:18 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Looks cool, but no iPad version :-(
Old 08-16-2012, 07:24 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Awesome! Picking it up right now.
Old 08-16-2012, 05:23 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Loving Gluey so far, the controls are spot on and the gameplay is addicting. Ipad version would be awesome as well!
Old 08-20-2012, 04:48 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Facebook Page Up

Thanks for the comments so far - if you want to follow us on Facebook, here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/Glueygame

We'll have tips for high scores, cool in game screen shots, contests and more.
Old 08-21-2012, 01:01 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Includes Retina Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
Looks cool, but no iPad version :-(
Just wanted to point out that the game does have retina graphics that do run full screen on a 3rd Gen iPad. And an iPad version is on our list.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:50 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Default Game Play Tip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsponge View Post
Loving Gluey so far, the controls are spot on and the gameplay is addicting...
Great to hear.

TIP: Stuck on a Strategy Level?

Remember new blobs are created every time you remove Glueys so tapping like crazy will soon overflow the container and you'll be answering to the scary drums!

A better way is to wait for the blobs to settle a bit and consider the next Gluey rescue— But then again sometimes you just need to get involved in a deranged tapping frenzy... hey what can ya say?
Old 08-25-2012, 12:34 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobileAge View Post
Great to hear.

TIP: Stuck on a Strategy Level?

I SMELL PUMPKINS (the hip new catch phrase sure to take the world by storm)!

Remember new blobs are created every time you remove Glueys so tapping like crazy will soon overflow the container and you'll be answering to the scary drums!

A better way is to wait for the blobs to settle a bit and consider the next Gluey rescue— But then again sometimes you just need to get involved in a deranged tapping frenzy... hey what can ya say?
I finally got past the required 15 Strategy levels to open up some Survival Action! Dang those Toxic Waste Strategy levels are nasty...but, at least from what I've seen so far, never impossible as I had come SOOO CLOSE time after time. I always knew victory was in my grasp!

While I'm loving the Survival level so far, throwing in all of the special pieces we've been slowly exposed to in the Puzzle and Strategy levels, I'd really like it if we had a few different Survival Arenas to choose from with their own top scores. While I see the differences would come primarily by arena shape (I'd love to see some interesting arrangement of walls), I figure you could also play with the frequency and types of special piece drops like in the previous levels (some arenas where all specialties fall much more often, or maybe a level with only nukes and poison special pieces in some reactor shaped arena called Meltdown).

I also hope it goes without saying a universal update is in the works? I can play it in its current form on the iPad 3 but it is REALLY fuzzy. While iPad retina support would be ideal, even standard iPad support would be a big step up.

Last edited by LordGek; 08-25-2012 at 12:37 PM..
Old 08-27-2012, 11:06 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
I finally got past the required 15 Strategy levels to open up some Survival Action! Dang those Toxic Waste Strategy levels are nasty...but, at least from what I've seen so far, never impossible as I had come SOOO CLOSE time after time. I always knew victory was in my grasp!
LordGek - congrats on getting past Strategy Level 15 and glad to hear you're loving Survival mode.

Here's some tips for dealing to level 15 (and others)

1. The gravity inverters will save your bacon! Use them to separate (and then eliminate) big blobs that have stuck to the lower locks. This frees up space in the container. Plus it's fun to watch!

2. The gravity inverters also reset/suspend the overflow counter and give you 3 moves to clear as much space as possible.

3. Try and create giant explosions by joining large chunks of same-colored blobs to bomb blobs— then detonate them when level is nearly full. Be careful not to blow up the lock levels that separate you from a toxic waste demise though.

4. Consider each move carefully. Each level has a puzzle and solution... so take your time to ponder the next move. Tap quickly and the strategy levels will soon own you.

Thanks too for your great game play suggestions for the future. A 'Meltdown' level could be a fun variation. We're certainly energized by the positive feedback we've received here, on the iTunes store and in the blogs that have reviewed the game so far.

We initially focused all our energy into creating a great iPhone game (much harder than it looks!) but we agree there is plenty of scope for a full screen iPad version. It's definitely on our todo list as well. Will keep you posted.

Thanks again for your post.