★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Lost Cities by the world-renowned board-game author Reiner Knizia takes you on a journey to undiscovered countries and mythical places. Compete against a friend, a stranger or one of 4 different computer players, in what has been called a "two player Solitaire with an extra portion of suspense". Designed and polished for the iPhone by TheCodingMonkeys, makers of Carcassonne for iOS.

online matches against game center friends
voice acted interactive tutorial
comprehensive rules section
4 different AI players with emotions
full-length atmospheric soundtrack
a plethora of single- and multiplayer achievements
fully playable via VoiceOver

Sanuku's comments:

08-22-2012, 05:20 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
No Universal App? No iPad Version? After that long wait?

OK, no buy for me ...

Schenker P505 Notebook | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6+

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

08-22-2012, 05:21 AM
Instant buy!

Extensive Knowledge of CBT. Just send me a PM!
08-22-2012, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythbuster View Post
No Universal App? No iPad Version? After that long wait?

OK, no buy for me ...
Agreed. No iPad version, no purchase.
08-22-2012, 05:27 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Mythbuster
Yep, my iPad is my gaming device ... more than 90% of the time I use my iPad ... in 2012 it should be standard to publish a board / card game for all iOS devices ...

Schenker P505 Notebook | iPad Air 2 | iPhone 6+

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
08-22-2012, 05:40 AM
If this will be getting a Uversal update eventually I'm sold, otherwise no sale... unless people in my gaming group pick it up. In which case it's a default sale

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
08-22-2012, 05:42 AM
I appreciate the new release from the makers of Carcassonne. The Lost Cities is very nice game from one of the most know German board- and cardgame-makers. BUT, I would really like to see a polished version for iPad as well
08-22-2012, 05:55 AM
For those of you pronouncing an immediate "no purchase" for this, have you seen how the game looks in the 2X mode on the iPad? I assume it doesn't look great, but this is one of the best 2-player card games out there and we all know that Coding Monkeys did a fantastic job with Carcassone, an app that was made universal after launch. If all I had was an iPad, the app would have to look absolutely terrible on an iPad for me to consider not getting it.

I would much rather play this on an Ipad with it looking mediocre than have to deal with a ridiculous Facebook login requirement, or a requirement that I had to be online at all times to play the app.

For those of us who can and will play on an iPhone or iPod touch, I am very pleased with the $3.99 launch price for an app this polished that has async multiplayer right out of the gate.

Current Favorites: Lords of Waterdeep, Ascension, Cafe International, Lost Cities, and Agricola.

GameCenter ID: cprloe

Last edited by cprloe; 08-22-2012 at 03:55 PM.
08-22-2012, 05:56 AM
If there will be universal, I am buying right away.

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
08-22-2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cprloe View Post
For those of you pronouncing an immediate "no purchase" for this, have you seen how the game looks in the 2X mode on the iPad? I assume it doesn't look great, but this is one of the best 2-player card games out there and we all know that Coding Monkeys did a fantastic job with Carcassone, an app that was made universal after launch. If all I had was an iPad, the app would have to look absolutely terrible on an iPad for me to consider not getting it.

I would much rather play this on an Ipad with it looking mediocre than have to deal with a ridiculous Facebook login requirement, or a requirement that I had to be online at all times to play the app.

For those of us who can and will play on an iPhone or iPod touch, I am very pleased with the $2.99 launch price for an app this polished that has async multiplayer right out of the gate.
My apprehension is simply that this not turn into a Ticket to Ride like situation where I would have to purchase the app twice. It's pretty bizarre that this isn't universal on launch tbh, given TCM's work on Carcassonne.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins