★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Gamoji Limited
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 79.6 MB
  • Version: 1.5.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: IMPORTANT NOTICE VERSION 1.5.1:
- We fixed the issues regarding the upgrade from version 1.4 to version 1.5.
- We fixed the freeze after purchasing crowns via the Crown Icon at the top of the screen.
Thank you all for playing Blood and Reign and giving us valuable feedback. If you still experience problems, please follow get in contact with us cs@gamoji.com
The Blood of Kings runs in your veins and a Kingdom awaits your command. Build your strength in over 200 single player quests and fight players from around the world in massive multiplayer battles.

Only for a short time, receive a Blood and Reign starter pack worth US$2.50. Items include:
- Mystic Hourglasses that speed up construction
- Rare tablets containing the secrets of high level upgrades
- The Knights Title to grant a worthy Knight a name of prestige or infamy
! Access the starter pack through the golden chest icon at the bottom of your screen

Take up the challenge and experience:
- A living 3D world to explore and conquer
- Explore hidden treasures and unknown perils
- Complete over 200 quests in our single player campaign
- Enter multiplayer mode to fight with players from around the world
- Forge mighty alliances with your friends and crush your enemies
- Swordsmen, Cavalry, Cannons and more soldiers await your command
- Recruit Knights to lead your forces against the Barbarian horde
- Turn your Castle into a grand Metropolis with over 15 building types and 10 levels of upgrades
- Grow your Economy by building Crop Fields, Gem Mines, and more across your lands
The world awaits your Reign.

************ IMPORTANT ************
Blood and Reign can run on iPad1, however, it will be unstable and automatically shutdown during a session of play. We are working hard to get it fully working on iPad 1. Watch this space!

Sanuku's comments:

08-25-2012, 04:19 PM
I went ahead & grabbed this one to see how it goes. So far still going through the quests, and getting a feel for the layout & gameplay.

I can say that for this genre of game, I'm really enjoying the nice graphics and effects on the new iPad (haven't tried installing on the original iPad due to developer's warning). It's really enjoyable to look at.

Will be interesting to see where it goes, and if the IAP becomes necessary - probably haven't gotten far enough in the game yet, but so far it hasn't been an issue.

08-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Played for like one Hour:

My Castle isn`t yet the Belveder but it does grown...slowly

The brawl with those Barbarian Outposts you will find now and then on the Map are at the beginning really easy but after one Hour I already got to the point where those reached like Level 3 and they are literally are wipping my Ass each time I`m attacking them. I guess I`ll have to see how I can knock them down on the floor later when I reach a higher Level with my Knights.

What currently really bother me the most is that my wood supply is kinda bugged because everything else is raising but the Woodcounter is so slow even I have got already a second Level Two Lumbermil. The Developer really should look into it since there is definitily something wrong with it comparing it to the rest.

Last edited by Sanuku; 08-25-2012 at 04:56 PM.
08-25-2012, 11:16 PM
Sanuku, I agree with your assessment about the wood resource. Definitely slowing my progress dwn considerably.
08-26-2012, 02:43 AM
A game like this should definitely be freemium. I have no problem checking out many freemium games and if I feel IAP is necessary it gets deleted immediately. So far though the 4 or so negative 1 star reviews indicate this one has some glitches so no way I'm gonna toss a $1 away until some issues are addressed and hopefully it goes free.
08-26-2012, 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
A game like this should definitely be freemium. I have no problem checking out many freemium games and if I feel IAP is necessary it gets deleted immediately. So far though the 4 or so negative 1 star reviews indicate this one has some glitches so no way I'm gonna toss a $1 away until some issues are addressed and hopefully it goes free.

I just logged back into the Game and had like 10.000+ Units of Wood in the Game and now can keep upgrading those Lumbermil so they create Wood faster. The iAP really isn`t needed since as far as I have seen in the last few Hours you can get anything through just playing the Game normal.

Sure the Game is definitely not as fast as a Ubisoft The Settlers or even Anno but overall I don`t fell like i was cheated when I had bought it for .99 Cent while many, many Freemium Titles literally made me ask myself why I`m still giving them a try well knowing that I`m done with the Genre overall.
08-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Seems like the IAP for this game so far would be good mostly for speeding things up, otherwise haven't found a real need for them - which is fortunate, due to the cost of the IAP! I'm always amazed when games offer IAP but at such high prices - nothing priced at $.99 or $1.99 to even be tempting - they go straight for $4.99 and higher - with the biggest issue being that you don't even get much for that price! They certainly won't be getting anything additional from me other than the cost of the app....but other than that, no complaints so far. I'm taking my time with it (seems to be perfect for casual pick up & play for a few minutes at a time then forget about until later) but will be interesting to see how it pans out as the kingdom progresses.
08-28-2012, 07:54 AM
Would have been nice that they would have mention "Internet REQUIRED"
Tried playing during break at work, and it needs internet.. since they don't have Wifi there.
08-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Does this game have a lot of combat? How does it hold up as you move along in the game?
08-28-2012, 07:42 PM
Running into problems with this game..
When I select the Quests, and some of them where I need to be a level 2
for the Townhall, or for Housing, the popup doesn't go away, and I am forced to quit the game completely..