★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "The best platformer to hit the AppStore, you owe it to yourself to pick it up"...

A classic Amiga platform game, highly prized for its fast-paced, addictive game-play. Now re-envisioned for your iPad, by the games original author. Are you ready for insanely addictive game-play, that will push your skills to the limit?...

TWO PLAYER MODE:

The two player mode requires the use of two iPhones, or two iPod touches (or one of each) as controllers.

1. Install joypad app on two iPhones (or iPod touches). Get joypad app here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/joypad-game-controller/id517378526?mt=8 (or search for 'joypad' on the AppStore).

2. Ensure that your iPad is on the same local network as the iPhone / iPod touch controllers, OR, you can turn on blue-tooth for all devices involved.

3. Start the joypad app on both iPhone / iPod touches.

4. When you launch Qwak HD, the button on the main menu titled 'Start New Game' will become 'Two Player Game'. Tap this button to start a two player game.

IN THE PRESS:

"Qwak is a simple platformer with incredibly addicting gameplay." - GameZebo

"HIGHLY POLISHED ... a game platformer fans wont want to miss. - Touch Arcade

"So, how does it play? If you want a comparison, we would cite Bubble Bobble, but if you want a single word, then we would say superbly. Its the essence of feel-good gaming fun and we defy anyone not to have a smile on their face when they complete a scene just as the time limit runs out." - iPhoneFreak

"Overall, Qwak is must-get for fans of the puzzle-platformer genre. With fluid and clean visuals, many levels, increasing difficulty, tons of power ups, and a catchy soundtrack, Qwak has the recipe for a platformer of true greatness, one that future games of the genre will be measured by." - AppVersity

FEATURES:

Retina enhanced graphics for the new iPad.
Two player mode using iPhones as controllers.
Silk smooth 60 frames-per-second action.
Beautiful graphics you can almost eat!
Tons of secret bonuses.
10 in-game music tracks.
70 ultra playable levels (including tutorial).
6 graphically unique worlds to explore.

killercow's comments:

08-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Wow, at last. Count me in!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja

08-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Great to see this remade for the new iPad.
08-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarKitty View Post
Great to see this remade for the new iPad.
Kinda wished this was a Universal update, but oh we'll. The iPhone version is a brilliant platformer, and hasn't left my device since it came out.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
08-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to reec0X Send a message via Skype™ to reec0X
It's really 'Qwak' me .

GameCenter: reec0X
Devices: iPhone 6+ / iPad Air WiFi
Beta Game Tested: Click HERE
Member of THE BETA TESTER ALLIANCE group
08-30-2012, 01:37 AM
This looks f***ing amazing.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
08-30-2012, 05:35 AM
Just bought mine. Looks and plays amazing, already addicted.
08-30-2012, 10:47 AM
This is challenging, colorful and a lot of fun. The controls are configurable and I am using the default settings. They seem very responsive, but of course the game is very chaotic.

Just a few quibbles for me. Perhaps not a fault, but the game doesn't have a level select that I can tell. It looks like you play contuously until younrun out of lives. Also, it always takes me a few second to locate Qwak's initial position in the play field, even though the game tries to highlight it. However, there is a lot to take in.

There are very few folks listed in Game Center so far. This game deserves better then that, but as usual, there are quite a few interesting releases this week. I hope Qwak is not lost in the shuffle.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
08-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
This is challenging, colorful and a lot of fun. The controls are configurable and I am using the default settings. They seem very responsive, but of course the game is very chaotic.

Just a few quibbles for me. Perhaps not a fault, but the game doesn't have a level select that I can tell. It looks like you play contuously until younrun out of lives. Also, it always takes me a few second to locate Qwak's initial position in the play field, even though the game tries to highlight it. However, there is a lot to take in.

There are very few folks listed in Game Center so far. This game deserves better then that, but as usual, there are quite a few interesting releases this week. I hope Qwak is not lost in the shuffle.
Thanks! Yeah, can take a while to get the hang of it and work out what stuff does, as you point out, very chaotic! Stick with it though, it's very rewarding, the more you progress in to it.

Yeah, analytics are showing only 35 distinct players so far, world-wide; which is very worrying! Haven't looked at GameCenter yet..
08-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Qwak View Post
Thanks! Yeah, can take a while to get the hang of it and work out what stuff does, as you point out, very chaotic! Stick with it though, it's very rewarding, the more you progress in to it.

Yeah, analytics are showing only 35 distinct players so far, world-wide; which is very worrying! Haven't looked at GameCenter yet..
No fear, I'm buying it tonight!

Edit: Bought it. It's a little amusing that the title screen logo isn't quite as high res as the rest of the artwork, I'd have thought that was the first thing you updated I'm nitpicking though, the game is awesome! I haven't played enough yet to find out if a level select is necessary, but what did strike me instantly is how incredible an editor would be. I know they can be pretty complicated to code, but if you ask me it's about the best thing you could possibly put in an update.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Last edited by MidianGTX; 08-30-2012 at 03:48 PM.