Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 06-07-2009, 04:19 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default My Email to Khalid Shaikh...

...creator of memorable $4.99 apps like iDOOM, iDukeNukem, and about 200 other junk apps...
Here's my email. I'll let you know his response (if there is one ). I'd really like to report him, but I cannot figure out where to send an email to Apple. Any idea?

Dear Mr. Shaikh, et. al.,

It appears as though the vast majority of your iPhone applications use photographs, images, and illustrations that are subject to copyright restriction.

Have you ascertained permission from the numerous copyright holders to utilize these images in iPhone applications?

In the event that you have not obtained appropriate permissions, notification of this ongoing violation of copyright law will be made to Apple.
I look forward to your response.
Old 06-07-2009, 05:23 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

You cannot vicariously protect the copyrights of others. Unless he has made use of your intellectual property beyond a reasonable extent of fair use, there is nothing you can or should do. I don't see why Apple would care, anyway. If you must contact someone, write to the copyright holder(s.)
Old 06-07-2009, 06:53 AM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Here is a picture of Khalid Sheikh (no joke!):

and here is his Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_Shaikh_Mohammed

turns out he is actually involved with al-Qaeda!!!
Old 06-07-2009, 06:53 AM

jesus, this guy is sitting somewhere in pakistan.

at least thats what he wrote in one post in some dev-forum........so he couldn't care less about possible copyright violations.

do you think police would look him up in this pathetic excuse for a civilized country??
Old 06-07-2009, 07:01 AM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumulus View Post

at least thats what he wrote in one post in some dev-forum........so he couldn't care less about possible copyright violations.

do you think police would look him up in this pathetic excuse for a civilized country??
Yeah, I think they could, considering the amount of times he has infringed a copyright.

Personally I think we should all send e-mails to Apple and/or the corresponding companies that he has copied and get his ass banned from anything game related.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:45 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumulus View Post

Ok first of all Pakistan is not a pathetic country. It was under Army rule/dictatorship for many years so you can't possibly expect them to keep pace with the rest of the world. Some people would argue that FBI/Interpol etc etc never got hold of aXXo who, in a recent survey was reckoned as the man responsible for 14% of the world's pirated stuff. Yes I agree that this guy has done wrong but blaming the police/country would make no difference. Instead we could exercise the art of 'Constructive Criticism' and email apple/original devs of his apps. Don't want to spark anything here it's just that to me, it feels wrong to blame a country for a single man.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:48 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I think that Khalid would only be concerned about copyright violations to the extent that it would have a negative impact on him financially. Clearly he has no moral qualms about using the works and ideas of others.

And starjimstar...why wouldn't Apple care? I'd think that a company as anal as Apple-- ever hypervigilant about protecting its reputation-- would certainly be concerned with questions about copyright violations.

Regarding the concept of "fair use:" Perhaps these apps can be considered to be "fair use." However, the fact that the images are being used for commercial gain--as well as being used without crediting the source material-- seems to fly in the face of "fair use."

It's not my mission to vicariously protect and defend the world from copyright violators; I am not on a witch hunt. My concern is that this particular person seems to specialize in developing apps based on photos, images, and illustrations created by others, which are not in the public domain.

Last edited by gekkota; 06-07-2009 at 08:32 AM..
Old 06-07-2009, 09:02 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to yourofl10

Just a random thought poped into my mind.

He's probably funding a terrorist organization if that picture
Is really true rofl.

Anyways...he doesn't care For the Copyright infringment most likely...
Just a thought LOL.
And first of all who would even buy his crapps?
Old 06-07-2009, 12:05 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen)

If Apple cares, than why are they approving his apps?
Old 06-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Señor Member
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
If Apple cares, than why are they approving his apps?
becaue he bribes them with uranium he stole from the US. The Americans want it back!