App description: Linkies is a creative physic based match 3 puzzler with colorful and vibrant graphics, intuitive draw controls and endless hours of matching fun!

If you like puzzle games this will be your new favourite!

REVIEWS

"Match Made In Heaven" - Pocket Gamer

"Visual Dreams has definitely revived my love of Match-3 gameplay" - The App Shack

STORY

An old, rusty robot from the dark ages has awoken and started spewing out shapes of toxic waste into the Linkies cute little world. It is up to you to help the Linkies clean up the world and restore it to its former beauty.

FEATURES

-Simple draw controls

-90 levels across 5 chapters

-Blitz mode for hours of fun

-Cute characters

-Unique graphics with a never seen before art style

-Game Center achievements and leaderboard

-Challenge your friends through Facebook

-Universal build; runs on both iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

PLEASE NOTE: Creating Linkies weve let our artist go crazy, and therefore it looks amazing. However, this also means that you will need a 3rd generation (16gb or larger) or later iPod touch, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4/4S, iPad 1, iPad 2 or iPad 3 to Play.

Get your fingers ready for a matching frenzy like never before!

For more information or support, please visit
www.visualdreams.se

visualdreams's comments:















Linkies is a creative physic based match 3 puzzler with colorful and vibrant graphics, intuitive draw controls and endless hours of matching fun!

STORY
An old rusted robot from the dark ages have woken and started spewing out shapes of toxic waste into the Linkies cute little world. It is up to you to help the Linkies clean up the world and restore it to its former beauty.

FEATURES
- Simple draw controls
- 90 levels across 5 chapters
- Blitz mode for hours of fun
- Cute characters
- Unique graphics with a never seen before art style
- Game Center achievements and leaderboard
- Challenge your friends through Facebook
- Universal build; runs on both iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.

Get your fingers ready for a matching frenzy like never before!

Download on AppStore


For more information or support, please visit
VisualDreams

www.VisualDreams.se

09-06-2012, 08:33 AM
#2
This looks really slick! Nice work on the video and the graphics!!

09-06-2012, 09:55 AM
#3
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,198
I just started playing Linkies. It runs smoothly on my new iPad and looks great. I like the combination of physics with a match 3 type game. It is not something I recall seeing before. I am still to early in the game to make a judgement on how well it will work here, but it is fun so far.

I have a few questions for the developers about the Game Center implementation. I see access to achievements from within the app, but I do not see where the Game Center leaderboards is accessed, at least for the main "Play" mode. The "Blitz" mode wants a Facebook login, to show leaderboards, and asks repeatedly for it. I don't use Facebook and it would be nice to disable those requests. Also, why can't we see leaderboards in Blitz mode via Game Center? Finally, can the multiplayer mode, if there is one, be accessed via Game Center?

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
09-06-2012, 10:13 AM
#4
I'm really enjoying this one... the physics mechanics make the match-3 gameplay pretty interesting.

I'm also pretty curious about needing FB for Blitz mode... ??

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
.Decluster, Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Incoboto, Imps In Tokyo, Auro
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: cEvin Key - Music For Cats & Download - Furnace+III
09-07-2012, 04:19 PM
#6
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,198
According to the web site this developer has to show Linkies sales data, only 265 copies have sold to date on the USspp store. That seems like a low number and is a shame since this is a good game. It is also a shame, that the devs have not appeared here in the last day or so to answer questions and help keep interest up. Here is the review I posted to the app store (4 stars).

Clever premise with good execution

The idea of combining the match mechanic with physics is a good one and it is well executed here. The game play is fun and challenging. The presentation is good and it is obvious that a great deal of effort was put into the lovely graphics. The game runs quite smoothly on my new iPad.

The game has two modes. In the main "campaign" mode, you have a series of levels where you can get awarded up to three stars as well as a score. The stars can be used to purchase both persistent and consumable power ups, which adds some strategy and makes gameplay easier. The second game type appears to be an endless mode and is named "Blitz".

There are some aspects I hope the developers will improve. The main menu has access to achievements from the campaign mode, but for some reason the game has no access to the campaign leader boards (which can be viewed by going into the Game Center app). The Blitz mode appears to be geared to Facebook users and prompts multiple times for a Facebook login. I do not use Facebook and it would be nice if there was a way to disable this. Also, why not make the Blitz mode work with Game Center? One other minor flaw is the the game screen does not auto-rotate based on the vertical orientation of the iPad.

Despite my quibbles, I think this is a really enjoyable matching game that is worth a close look.

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
09-08-2012, 12:06 PM
#7
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I'm really enjoying this one... the physics mechanics make the match-3 gameplay pretty interesting.

I'm also pretty curious about needing FB for Blitz mode... ??
This was a design choice that we are thinking over, we will probably open up the shop for everyone but lock the leaderboard to facebook login. This will change in the next update as well as the addition of a levelsystem to Blitz mode. All feature requests are welcome
09-08-2012, 12:07 PM
#8
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
According to the web site this developer has to show Linkies sales data, only 265 copies have sold to date on the USspp store. That seems like a low number and is a shame since this is a good game. It is also a shame, that the devs have not appeared here in the last day or so to answer questions and help keep interest up. Here is the review I posted to the app store (4 stars).

Clever premise with good execution

The idea of combining the match mechanic with physics is a good one and it is well executed here. The game play is fun and challenging. The presentation is good and it is obvious that a great deal of effort was put into the lovely graphics. The game runs quite smoothly on my new iPad.

The game has two modes. In the main "campaign" mode, you have a series of levels where you can get awarded up to three stars as well as a score. The stars can be used to purchase both persistent and consumable power ups, which adds some strategy and makes gameplay easier. The second game type appears to be an endless mode and is named "Blitz".

There are some aspects I hope the developers will improve. The main menu has access to achievements from the campaign mode, but for some reason the game has no access to the campaign leader boards (which can be viewed by going into the Game Center app). The Blitz mode appears to be geared to Facebook users and prompts multiple times for a Facebook login. I do not use Facebook and it would be nice if there was a way to disable this. Also, why not make the Blitz mode work with Game Center? One other minor flaw is the the game screen does not auto-rotate based on the vertical orientation of the iPad.

Despite my quibbles, I think this is a really enjoyable matching game that is worth a close look.
Thank you for the review, the facebook login will as said in our last post be changed to the next update. Game Center leaderboards will probably be mixed in with the facebook leaderboard as well.
09-08-2012, 12:10 PM
#9
locking a leaderboard and requiring to have a FB page is kind of... well... ...

let's just say it's not a good idea, and something you should SERIOUSLY consider removing.

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
.Decluster, Final Fantasy Record Keeper, Incoboto, Imps In Tokyo, Auro
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: cEvin Key - Music For Cats & Download - Furnace+III
09-08-2012, 03:09 PM
#10
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
locking a leaderboard and requiring to have a FB page is kind of... well... ...

let's just say it's not a good idea, and something you should SERIOUSLY consider removing.
We will redesign this to work in a better way. Thanks for the feedback