★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gamers who have both iPhone and iPad.. Do you observe such user behavior...?

09-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Gamers who have both iPhone and iPad.. Do you observe such user behavior...?

I've been thinking and observing my own user behavior, ever since i bought an iPad. I' no longer play any games on my phone, all gaming are done on the iPad. Am wondering is this just me, or it happens to others too.

If you own both iPhone and iPad, what is your gaming behavior like?
Would love to hear from you! Share it!
09-06-2012, 10:59 PM
That happens...rather often I think.

Apple: Iphone 4S - os 8.2/ Ipod touch 4G - os 6.1/ Ipad 2 - os 5.0.1
Android: LG G2 - os 4.2.2 / Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G - os 4.4.2

09-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverous View Post
I've been thinking and observing my own user behavior, ever since i bought an iPad. I' no longer play any games on my phone, all gaming are done on the iPad. Am wondering is this just me, or it happens to others too.

If you own both iPhone and iPad, what is your gaming behavior like?
Would love to hear from you! Share it!
Me too.. I have stopped gaming on my iphone. I don't even listen to music on my iphone anymore thanks to the awesome AV experience that is Planetary http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/planetary/id432462305?mt=8

Never quite understood the fuss/upset over why people require large full fledged 'hardcore' games like TWEWY to be universal..it is not like the saves are easily transferable to allow device swapping. I do recognize that as customers they have every right to demand/expect for it though.

Last edited by violentv; 09-06-2012 at 11:34 PM.
09-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Happened to me as well, no longer play games with iPhone, merely with iPad.
09-06-2012, 11:42 PM
i honestly love my phone....all KRPGS and most ARPGS are done on it....as well as pick up and play stuff...like most adult swim apps etc....I find i hate most button placment thats fixed on ipad games and all the customizable layouts are the ones i throw on the tablet....

on the other hand all the beautiful games like GOF HD and Horn, Chaos rings and Infinity blade are done on the Ipad

another genre that i load up on for my ipad is strategy based stuff....hex or not....as well as bullet hell and shooters...the size is key on those genres for me...

but to be honest my phone is my love for ios gaming...its were it started and were i do most of my gaming...sounds nuts i know...but i love smaller handhelds (3DS,DS,PSP,VITA)....which by the way is one reason im willing to break my contract when a new one inch bigger iphone 5 launches!

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..
09-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Exactly what happened to me! I've always played games on my iPhone since its launch with the OG pretty much, upgraded three times since. Always enjoyed it but never took it too serious or ever visited a forum like this. Bought the new iPad on launch day and it's taken it to a whole new level! I play everything on it now, visit this forum all the time, get excited on Wednesday for launches, and have gone through a lot of games. The only game I feel needs to stay on my iPhone is Dungeon Raid for short waits when I'm out. iPad gaming makes me forget the Xbox even, especially lately with games like Bastion, TWEWY, Magic, GBWG and [insert current addiction here]. That's what's great about it, extremely cheap games and constantly something new. I only get excited for a few console games a year, but there's many more on iOS.
09-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Lol..I must be the opposite of everyone. Despite having the new iPad...for the games I'm into, I still prefer to game on the iPod touch. It's more comfortable to hold in my hands. I even prefer games like Ascension on the iPod touch. =P
09-06-2012, 11:59 PM
I'm also kind of playing on my iPad 99% of the time although I own an iPhone too
09-07-2012, 12:03 AM
i have both the iphone and ipad. i prefer to play my games on the ipad, especially cause i play games like MC3 and other Gameloft stuff a large screen makes it easy i find the controls on my iphone very difficult to use on fps shooters like MC3
09-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Me too! My iphone feels neglected!