Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Developer
iPhone 3GS

Default The Way We Roll - Puzzle Adventure available now!

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

And gameplay video from Sanuku:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by Hobbsicle; 09-15-2012 at 10:49 PM..
Old 09-12-2012, 10:30 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I must ask:

- Retina graphics?
- IAP?
Old 09-12-2012, 10:33 AM
Developer
iPhone 3GS

Yes to retina graphics (I should add that in the description).

No to IAP.

Right answers?
Old 09-12-2012, 10:37 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbsicle View Post
Yes to retina graphics (I should add that in the description).

No to IAP.

Right answers?
Haha, there's no such thing as a "right" answer in this case, but you just made yourself a sale. Looks charming, and for some odd reason reminds me of Crazy Hedgy.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:41 AM
Developer
iPhone 3GS

Thanks! Hope you enjoy it! And yes, I've actually been playing Crazy Hedgy over the last couple of weeks, and I can see what you mean about the stylistic similarities there.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:48 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbsicle View Post
Thanks! Hope you enjoy it! And yes, I've actually been playing Crazy Hedgy over the last couple of weeks, and I can see what you mean about the stylistic similarities there.
Everything about this just rubs me the right way. The video is so convincing, the app description honestly couldn't be any better, I love the title, it's got retina graphics and no frickin' In App Purchases. Downloading as we speak, but I've got my fingers crossed that the gameplay lives up to everything else because this just screams "I'll have a permanent spot on your device".

Oh, for those who will undoubtedly ask...is there an HD version or plans to go universal?
Old 09-12-2012, 10:59 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

downloaded immediately and I'm enjoying this, I've played these types of puzzlers before and this one has a lot of charm, my only criticism is that there are no sound effects for the mechanics in the game. I like the relaxing music but it would be nice to have a slight bump every now and then or a sound when you pick up gems. It's nothing game breaking I think it would give the game more polish.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Developer
iPhone 3GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Everything about this just rubs me the right way. The video is so convincing, the app description honestly couldn't be any better, I love the title, it's got retina graphics and no frickin' In App Purchases. Downloading as we speak, but I've got my fingers crossed that the gameplay lives up to everything else because this just screams "I'll have a permanent spot on your device".

Oh, for those who will undoubtedly ask...is there an HD version or plans to go universal?
Thanks for the encouragement! Hopefully it does live up. And as for HD, we have "plans" to go universal (and, at this point, by "plans", I mean "we should totally look into doing that").
Old 09-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Developer
iPhone 3GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by .THOTH. View Post
downloaded immediately and I'm enjoying this, I've played these types of puzzlers before and this one has a lot of charm, my only criticism is that there are no sound effects for the mechanics in the game. I like the relaxing music but it would be nice to have a slight bump every now and then or a sound when you pick up gems. It's nothing game breaking I think it would give the game more polish.
It does have those sounds! It is an unfortunate thing that we're looking into fixing, but currently, the sound effects are tied to the system sounds, which means that you'll need to turn up your ringer volume before starting the game. The sounds add a lot, so you should do that!

We'll be looking into changing that to some other sound engine in the future so you won't have to do that.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:27 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

YES! YES! YES!

Everything I wanted it to be. Everything it should be. Those screenshots are warm and inviting, and what you get is exactly that...warm and inviting. Responsive controls, challenging gameplay (already struggling on the third level...but then again I had to come here and write this ASAP), absolutely captivating music (Christ, I couldn't leave the main menu just to listen to the entire solo), adorable characters with humorous dialogue (and not in the "the developer thinks he's a funny guy, eh?" way) and well thought out help pages and information.

When I said "permanent spot on my device", I wasn't kidding. This joins the ranks of games such as Crazy Hedgy, Nihilumbra and The Last Rocket as games that define what iOS gaming should be...pure, engaging, fun and not tainted with the standard bullshit that plagues 99% of iOS games these days.

Glad $0.99 is just a launch offer, because if that was what you were intending to ask for in the long run, I would have called you crazy. Worth so much more.

And no, if you're sitting here reading this and thinking "this guy must've been paid or given a promo code to write that up", I wasn't. I'm just a passionate gamer who loves coming across gems like this.

EDIT: Oh and look at that! Plays in both landscape (with auto-rotation...or whatever it's called) and portrait...and you can lock the orientation!

Last edited by metalcasket; 09-12-2012 at 11:39 AM..