Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-12-2012, 10:19 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Shufflepuck Cantina (+ GOLD) by Agharta Studio

Note: Shufflepuck Cantina GOLD is a $2.99 alternative to the regular (FREE) version and includes the Duranium Card, a wad of Credz (worth $2.99) and has no ads.

Shufflepuck Cantina GOLD: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id627420776?mt=8

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

Last edited by metalcasket; 04-06-2013 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: Added note about Shufflepuck Cantina GOLD.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:32 AM

This looks pretty cool. With a pricetag of free though there must be SOME unlock fee?
Old 09-12-2012, 10:51 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

It looks oddly like a 1988 Broderbund's game called...Shufflepuck cafe.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shufflepuck_Caf%C3%A9[/url]
Old 09-12-2012, 11:14 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

By golly, this game is fan-freakin'-tastic.

At its core, it's an air hockey game, but the spin they've put on it with the general story, aesthetics and atmosphere is simply brilliant.

There are IAPs, but so far I can't see how they'd be necessary - there's nothing locked behind anything even remotely resembling a wall.

Basically you play the air hockey matches against different characters, and winning gets you coins, score and tokens. You can use coins to buy different short stories about each character, and once you've bought them all, you can unlock the character's special skill. You can also buy different pucks and paddles, but I haven't looked at those yet.

The tokens are used in a random-ish "flip a card to win a prize" mini game, where you can win coins, more tokens, or parts of characters' biographies. You get a free token every 30 minutes, but you also get them for completing missions. So far, nearly everything I've done has given me a completed mission and a token/coin/score reward.

Honestly, this game is just brilliant.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:18 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Looks like the ONLY pickup for me this week. None of the other releases posted here so far has gotten my interest much.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:40 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

No, you did not just release a modern take on the first computer game I, at the age of 7, ever invested time and passion into, Agharta Studio...

Yes, you did, and I'll be watching every bit and byte of this download as soon as it hits my local App Store! I'll forego Infinity Blade: Dungeons (should it actually be released tonight) if there is a space issue! I'll throw away pictures of loved ones, delete favourite songs (here's to looking at yer MP3's, Marillion, King's X, I Mother Earth and Alter Bridge), and clear out the Scott Pilgrim and Lost at Sea albums from Comic Zeal! If there is still not space enough, I'll send Dan Simmons, Kapuściński, and The Long Earth packing from Stanza, not that it'll make any difference, and refrain from putting the new SoA episode into AVPlayer! I'll delete TWE...

No, I will not delete TWEWY. But just about anything else

Any relation to the original? IP purchased/transferred? Shameless (but still welcome) rip-off, err, I mean, homage? Might you fellas actually be the original Broderbund, or a part of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Looks like the ONLY pickup for me this week. None of the other releases posted here so far has gotten my interest much.
Curiously similar to my sentiments. But this more than makes up fer it, even should we not see IB: D drop tonight.

Last edited by Ayjona; 09-12-2012 at 11:53 AM..
Old 09-12-2012, 11:58 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
Hey someone who likes soa as well woohoo
Well, I'm actually not convinced the artificial extension of the narrative is a good idea, so I'm approaching the fifth season with apprehension But yes, up until now, at least, it's one of my favourites, even though every single character, protagonist as well as antagonist (if that distinction even exists in SoA ) is an ass or a monster, and it's all bound to end in tears

Erm, back on track : I wonder if we will ever see online multiplayer for this one. Sounds like, if possible, even more fun than what's already in this package of potential awesomeness... I'm kinda surprised at the generous price tag, actually. Seems like a game that could have been sold for, well... lots of moneys.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:18 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Looks totally fantastic!!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:16 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Send a message via MSN to aghartastudio

Yeah it's out a little early, the official release, video and PR are scheduled for tommorow
anyway, we hope this hommage to the 80's classic will be the next huge thing in IOS world^^

Last edited by aghartastudio; 09-12-2012 at 05:20 PM..
Old 09-12-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghartastudio View Post
Yeah it's out a little early, the official release, video and PR are scheduled for tommorow
anyway, we hope this hommage to the 80's classic will be the next huge thing in IOS world^^
So it *IS* inspired by the original! I remember playing the snausage out of that on my Mac SE in college. With my wrist issues these days, not sure I'll be able to really enjoy this, though.