Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-19-2012, 11:21 AM

Default Forest Guardians - Epic Adventure TDRPG!

I'm super excited to announce DigitallyBold's new game Forest Guardians. Launching tonight in the US, currently available in NZ.

Here's the app store info:

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up

It will be free at its launch Worldwide. Get it now

Definitely pick it up while it is free! A few details about what is different with Forest Guardians:

As you advance, enemies in this game don’t simply run through the level. The may team up to heal one another, increase speed during attacks, spawn helpers, transform, or even selfishly steal the health of their allies. Likewise building your tower is just the start of setting up your defense. Each tower can be augmented indefinitely with seven different ECOs (Essence Combined Orbs), each of which has its own special abilities. If towers aren’t enough, faeries are also there to help you along. And there is a detailed path upgrade system for elevating each “guardian” to tower defense domination.
iTunes Screenshots

Additional Screenshots

Last edited by DigitallyBold; 09-22-2012 at 09:42 AM.. Reason: remove unnecessary text
Old 09-19-2012, 11:24 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

hmm... looks kind of interesting. =o)
Old 09-19-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
hmm... looks kind of interesting. =o)
I think it's super interesting.... but yeah... I'm biased, haha.

From the stats we have from the Beta, I can say from the installs that this game has apx 20 hours of gameplay (for the majority of players) if you play through the whole campaign alone. The endless mode will offer even more gameplay if you choose to play through it.

Hey for free, it's definitely worth the download! This game wasn't originally intended to be free, but I really just want people to play the game so the decision to go free with some IAP was made. The great thing is none of the IAP is necessary for completion of the game it's just for extra content to help you further enjoy the experience.

Last edited by DigitallyBold; 09-19-2012 at 11:58 AM..
Old 09-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Banned
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Definately has a different style for a TD. Think I'll have to check it out when it hits Stateside.
Old 09-19-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bramblett05 View Post
To be truthful I'm tired of TD type games to the point I hate them but this brings in new ways to play can't wait.
I often agree! I used to be a huge TD fan but some of that has subsided from playing a lot of the genre with little differences. And I started this game in late 2010 so the TD genre wasn't quite a populated as it is now. But there's still great TDs to play (Fieldrunners & Kingdom Rush especially) and I feel Forest Guardians is one of them!

That said, you're right, it's definitely a new way of playing a Tower Defense game. There's an element of exploration within the levels and the maps... there's multiple RPG elements with the character driven gameplay and weblike upgrade system... there's creative possibilities as you can mix towers and orbs in any way you want... there's an art style that's fresh and playful...

It's really a unique experience in the genre. And hey, there's a story and plot to the gameplay, that's often rare in TD as well

I really hope you like the game!

Last edited by DigitallyBold; 09-19-2012 at 01:55 PM..
Old 09-19-2012, 02:18 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 8.x

It looks interesting. Since it is launching for free, I have to ask if it is a freemium-IAP driven game?
Old 09-19-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
It looks interesting. Since it is launching for free, I have to ask if it is a freemium-IAP driven game?
Great question. Is it IAP driven? Absolutely not. But is there IAP? Yes.

So here's the deal, it's not your freemium pay to play game and the game has no virtual currency therefore none of the IAP is "consumable".

You can play all 27 levels of the game with the main character Foxxie for free. There is no need to pay for anything at all, ever. If you do purchase anything, it will be because you like the game and want to, not because you need to or are required to.

So what's the IAP for? The IAP in the game works more like your typical DLC from a console game. You can purchase additional characters which allow you to play a level differently based on their unique upgrade paths. You can also purchase the endless gameplay mode. And if you want an extra boost you have the option to purchase additional upgrade stars.

Ultimately, Forest Guardians lets you play the full game through completely for free! And if you like the game you have the opportunity to purchase additional content to increase your gameplay experience.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:52 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 8.x

Thanks for the explanation of how you will make revenues. That sounds very reasonable and it the kind of IAP I am happy to support.
Old 09-19-2012, 04:03 PM

Yep, can't wait, this looks ace.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:48 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Looking forward to checking this out eventually.

Is it really launching just free or are there IAP/Ads?