Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Jacob007 Jacob007 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 660
Default IOS 6 Problems

After upgrading to IOS 6, I've been having signficiant battery drains and even problems charging. Had my iPod 4 even completely shut down at once. I'm very disappointed, but hopefully 6.1 comes out soon.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-22-2012, 11:06 AM
Fireball926 Fireball926 is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 2,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob007 View Post
After upgrading to IOS 6, I've been having signficiant battery drains and even problems charging. Had my iPod 4 even completely shut down at once. I'm very disappointed, but hopefully 6.1 comes out soon.
I've read that a few ipod touch 4th gen users are experiencing this. Although the majority seem to be unaffected
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Jacob007 Jacob007 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 660
Default

Apple has really screwed IOS6 up. I've seen countless complaints on apps crashing, map
glitches, and infinite new bugs. 6.1 better be a damn good update.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-12-2012, 09:47 AM
crunc crunc is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,110
Default

My advice is to backup and try a restore. That will likely fix any issues. Make sure you've got a backup and manually start one if don't. You can try a restore of settings, but it is probably more likely to help if you do a full restore (from backup).
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Jacob007 Jacob007 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 660
Default

Restored to factory settings and replaced all apps - hopefully this'll work. Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Connector Connector is offline
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: In the Chatroom
Posts: 15,759
Default

Anyone have a lot of crashing when you go to the general settings section? Mine crashes all the time and goes back to the main menu, new ipad ios6.0
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-12-2012, 11:07 PM
popblanks popblanks is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5s
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 180
Default

Whenever I'm at the App Store and go to the search menu and type in.. for example "Bluetooth multiplayer", results won't pop up and the App Store will just crash...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Jacob007 Jacob007 is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Indiana
Posts: 660
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by popblanks View Post
Whenever I'm at the App Store and go to the search menu and type in.. for example "Bluetooth multiplayer", results won't pop up and the App Store will just crash...
Thats happened to me. Either the search gets really slow, or it works and as I tap the app it crashes. Very frustrating.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-13-2012, 04:46 PM
crunc crunc is offline
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 4,110
Default

Well, I've found at least since yesterday that the app store doesn't work at all on my iPhone 4. Well, only the updates tab works. Everything else just gives me a blank screen aside from the bars at the top and bottom. Not sure what to do. I can't download any apps, so I hope they'll be fixing this issue soon. Anyone else run into this?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Werebite870 Werebite870 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 4.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
Well, I've found at least since yesterday that the app store doesn't work at all on my iPhone 4. Well, only the updates tab works. Everything else just gives me a blank screen aside from the bars at the top and bottom. Not sure what to do. I can't download any apps, so I hope they'll be fixing this issue soon. Anyone else run into this?
Same problem here. After looking on line it looks like the problem will soon reappear even after a restore. Several people said that the App Store just started working normally again for them, randomly, after about a week of blank screen
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent