Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-23-2012, 10:16 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Default Conclave (by 10X10 Room)

While this is technically not a IOS app, it is playable on the Iphone and Ipad via browser.

It's a co-op asynchronous rpg, with awesome art, deep story, choose your own adventure style choices that the party votes on, can be played solo, and there are 13 quests as of now in the beta (some with multiple chapters).

Check it out here: http://www.playconclave.com/

Here is the Kickstarter page with designer interviews in the video: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/10x10room/conclave

The Kickstarter funded last night and soon there will be 12 more quests, new music (same guy who did Mass Effect), and many small in game improvements.

I think this game does the asynchronous play much better than Pocket Heroes. While I love the idea behind Pocket Heroes, I've grown bored with it. It has become too much of a grindfest, the story is shallow IMO, and it takes FOREVER to travel to new parts of the screen especially if you're party members may only play once or twice a day.

Conclave really does feel more like a tabletop/"D&D with friends" experience. Battles take place in single locations and travel is handled narratively. Since it is browser based you can play on good variety of platforms including android.

Right now it still is free but that may change soon, I know at least the first few quests will stay free. Eventually you will buy quests in packs(only one person has to buy them and other party members join for free). I just supported the Kickstarter and dropped $10 for the entire campaign that will include the new quests so maybe that price will be comparable when the beta testing is over with.

Anyway, I'm loving this game. If you've enjoyed Pocket Heroes, you may enjoy this even more if you're like me and you grew up with old school D&D but have no time to play anymore.

I do apologize if this is not the correct forum to post this but decided to anyway since I plan on playing Conclave primarily on my Iphone.

Last edited by stutz; 09-23-2012 at 10:19 AM..
Old 09-23-2012, 11:26 AM

I'm okay with keeping this here. It actually plays very well on the iPhone.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:01 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I've almost completed the campaign with a friend of mine and it is perfect (almost like an app) on iPad.
Their kick starter just succefully closed yesterday, so they will continue to develop the game.
Unfortunately since 2-3 days (maybe since ios6) I cannot properly equip my char anymore in Bastion.....am I the only one?

If you are barely interested in an async coop RPG, look no further.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:29 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
I've almost completed the campaign with a friend of mine and it is perfect (almost like an app) on iPad.
Their kick starter just succefully closed yesterday, so they will continue to develop the game.
Unfortunately since 2-3 days (maybe since ios6) I cannot properly equip my char anymore in Bastion.....am I the only one?

If you are barely interested in an async coop RPG, look no further.
I have not had any equip problems yet. Have you posted in the Conclave forums? I've found the devs are really responsive. They might be able to give you a solution. I myself have not updated to ios6 yet (I've heard maps is still kind of buggy).
Old 09-23-2012, 01:45 PM

I've received one complaint about having a thread for a browser game in the iPhone games section. The complaint is basically that it opens the door for other browser game publishers to spam the forums with games that are only tangentially related to iOS.

I think the complainer has a point. The difference here, however, is that this game has been optimized for the iOS screen and touch input. In a way it's not very different from the Rage of Bahamut's, which are basically browser games with dedicated iOS clients. Well, except for the fact that Conclave is a real game and it doesn't suck.

Unless Eli or other moderators object, I say that we keep this thread here and wait to see what happens.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:50 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Here's a nice little article from Wired that I cam across and is worth a read if you're curious about Conclave: http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/09/conclave-rpg/
Old 11-04-2012, 11:25 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Nice article on the asynchronous design choices of Conclave.

Play this game! It's awesome.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:41 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I seriously should have put "Asynchronous RPG" in the title for this thread when creating it and maybe more people would know about it on TA. Love this game.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:28 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

The devs recently rolled out a new update that makes this even more playable on mobile devices. Still my #1 way to get my RPG fix online since I have zero time for something like World of Warcraft. People need to check this out since I think its still the best asynchronous RPG on the go available. Hell, I'm even up for starting a party with people if they are interested.