Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-29-2012, 12:19 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Default Dungeon Story (Universal Puzzle-RPG) is out!! Supports retina iPad!

Dungeon Story is finally out! Available for only 0.59 / 0.79 euro / 0.99$ as a universal purchase (supports all retina displays and not even a single IAP)! Hope you enjoy the game guys!

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/dungeon-story/id560744147

------------

Dungeon Story is a Puzzle-RPG with emphasis on an epic fast-paced monster killing experience! Challenge hordes of powerful monsters and bosses, defeat them, level up to 999 and become the most powerful and rich hero of all times! But be careful... The enemies will also use their own special abilities to destroy you!

Match 3 or more of the same tiles in any direction to attack with your sword, cast spells, heal or gather coins! Use special battle items such as a shield, a healing potion and an explosive bomb that can alter the battlefield! Upgrade your gear and learn tons of skills! Unlock 9 powerful classes and exploit their unique powers!

Can you create the most powerful character of all time?

✔ Level up to 999
✔ Conquer 5 levels of progressing difficulty
✔ Defeat more than 70 monsters and bosses with special abilities
✔ 9 unique hero classes with awesome powers
✔ Gather coins and upgrade your items and skills

Challenge your friends in Game Center

✔ Arena PvP matches
✔ 80 achievements
✔ 9 leaderboards

Classic gameplay with lots of innovative features

✔ Optimised for Retina displays
✔ Universal app - buy once and play in all devices
✔ Game includes original music score
✔ You can listen to your own music during the game
✔ Many free updates coming soon
✔ and much more!

Dungeon Story is inspired by some awesome games such as Dungeon Raid and Dragon Quest. The game is developed by an independant developer, passionate about games, with the help of some really great friends!

------------

Youtube link | Pop Up

------------

------------

Links:

http://dungeonstory.wordpress.com
https://www.facebook.com/DungeonStoryRPG
https://twitter.com/DungeonStory
Old 09-29-2012, 12:20 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Please use the original iPhone thread for discussion guys:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=157555

This thread was created mainly for increased visibility for the people who only have iPad devices and, thus, visit the iPad forums only!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:31 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syen View Post
Please use the original iPhone thread for discussion guys:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=157555

This thread was created mainly for increased visibility for the people who only have iPad devices and, thus, visit the iPad forums only!
As an iPad 3 owner I can testify it looks pretty decent on it. Is that full iPad retina support?
Old 09-29-2012, 10:01 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
As an iPad 3 owner I can testify it looks pretty decent on it. Is that full iPad retina support?
Yep! Everything is made from scratch for retina iPad resolution!
Old 09-29-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
How are you enjoying this one, LG? I wasn't a big fan of dungeon raid, and this looks fairly similar. The other thing is I find the numbe of text screens for special attack damage, etc off-putting.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:27 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
How are you enjoying this one, LG? I wasn't a big fan of dungeon raid, and this looks fairly similar. The other thing is I find the numbe of text screens for special attack damage, etc off-putting.
I'm enjoying it and, yeah, clearly the closest comparison would be a streamlined Dungeon Raid with a persistent character able to freely switch his class (among those unlocked so far) each run for some clever passive bonus effects.

The dungeon is a series of 1 on 1 combats where your action is determined by the type of symbols you clear whereas the beasties will always just do their set amount of damage against you each round. Some of the beasties will have interesting powers via passive effects or a special power, like a draining touch (does extra damage to you while healing himself a bit), that has a random chance of triggering each round. Get far enough in one dungeon and you have a chance to find the glyph that will allow you to access the next one (much tougher beasties but each gold coin cleared is worth much more).

Each dungeon run earns you gold and experience. Get enough experience and you'll automatically level up providing improved stats and hitpoints (this is all automatic, there is no allocating of stat or skill points). The gold you gain can be used to train up your skills and buy better gear.

One neat aspect not inspired by Dungeon Raid is the game's 3 Item Skills. Your character is constantly charging up his energy bar which, once it charges up to a certain threshold level, you can spend to invoke your Shield (monsters do only partial damage for the next few turns), Healing Potion (heal your character much like clearing a bunch of potions from the playfield), or Bomb (damage your current foe and completely scramble the board). Invoking one of these effects will use up all of your currently stored energy and this energy has three distinct levels. The more bars you have when you invoke the item, the bigger the effect. Do you use your Healing Potion when only powered up to 1 bar or hold out a bit longer and wait until you can get the full 3 bar healing effect? These tools are incredibly powerful and successful dungeoneering depends on knowing how to finesse their use.

A design choice Syen has made here is to show damage done in attacks (although to be consistent, he probably should also sum up life healed or gold gained in the same way) in a separate screen as well as damage received from monsters in this same manner. I'll admit it is a little disconcerting at times and takes you out of the action. I assume this is done currently so as to bypass the need to animate the tiles coming in to replace the ones just cleared.

Good stuff 4/5.
Old 09-29-2012, 03:38 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
A design choice Syen has made here is to show damage done in attacks (although to be consistent, he probably should also sum up life healed or gold gained in the same way) in a separate screen as well as damage received from monsters in this same manner. I'll admit it is a little disconcerting at times and takes you out of the action. I assume this is done currently so as to bypass the need to animate the tiles coming in to replace the ones just cleared.

Good stuff 4/5.
Thanks for the good words Lord Gek!

Yes, indeed it was a design choice to be able to focus on developing the core gameplay! As i have to do all the animation and graphics myself (and i am a coder not a graphics designer) it takes quite a lot of time! But I plan with every update to polish certain aspects based on feedback from you guys!
Old 09-29-2012, 10:56 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

I plan on buying this just so I can enjoy a Dungeon Raid style game with retina on my iPad. Let this be a lesson to other devs, retina does make sales!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:25 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I plan on buying this just so I can enjoy a Dungeon Raid style game with retina on my iPad. Let this be a lesson to other devs, retina does make sales!
Hope you like it!

Big announcement:

Seems I had a very nice progress last night and today and I manage to do a lot of additional stuff that I was planning to do in the second update. In general this means that 1.1.0 will include among others:

- The very much anticipated tile dropping animation!
- Damage animation
- new leader board
- and more!

+ It is coming in one week (will submit today when I finish implementing and testing)
Old 10-10-2012, 09:08 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Update 1.1 is finally out! Now you can enjoy a much more improved game experience as the update introduces:

✔ iPhone 5 screen support
✔ the very much anticipated tile dropping animation
✔ battle damage animation
✔ new leader board
✔ various optimisations and bug fixes
✔ and much more!

Enjoy guys