Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Promo Codes and Contests

Old 10-01-2012, 01:18 PM

Default King Oddball Look-Alike Contest: Win a $50 iTunes gift card

Like many other great kings before, King Oddball also needs a look-alike. Thus King Oddball requests your company at the King Oddball Look-Alike Contest. To participate, please follow the procedure described below.

1) Please acquire the electronic image behind this link: http://www.kingoddball.com/lookalike.jpg
2) Use your image manipulation skills to create the best look-alike you can imagine. Every object or person, be it imaginary or real, is an eligble look-alike.
3) Make the resulting image available on the Internets and post it to this thread. The King has graciously agreed to allow several entries from a single contestant.

The King's PR department has created the following example image: http://www.kingoddball.com/lookalike-example.jpg

The King has announced the following prizes: A $50 iTunes gift card (or roughly the same monetary value in some other currency) for the best look-alike and smaller bonus prizes for runner ups.

The contest will be closed on October 7th at 11:59 PM (-5 GMT). His royal oddness will select the supreme winner and runner-ups on October 8th. The winners will be contacted electronically via the Touch Arcade forums. The King will also announce the winners publicly and their names will be chiseled on his stony head.

Let the contest begin!

If you haven't heard about The King, the King's PR department encourages you to view the following video material: http://bit.ly/kingoddball

Last edited by 10tonsLtd; 10-01-2012 at 01:22 PM..
Old 10-01-2012, 06:48 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 6.x

Default My entry

Old 10-04-2012, 08:25 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Old 10-08-2012, 01:38 AM

The King has now closed the contest and the winner will be announced soon. The king is most grateful for the submissions!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:12 PM

Gl Hippi,

So who won? And what does the runner up get?

(I thought more people would be entering)
Old 10-12-2012, 02:09 AM

The King has decided that Hiipi wins and Darth Ronfar takes the second place. We will inform the contestants about the prizes soon. At the moment the King told us to say that ALL participants won something!

Last edited by 10tonsLtd; 10-16-2012 at 06:29 AM..
Old 10-13-2012, 07:26 PM

Aw, oh well.. I guess I couldve designed it better but I was working with limited recources, I was hoping my creativity could pull me through but I guess not.

I will it admit that Hippi's looks better, but considering he's a game Dev or programmer or whatever(not sure) its no surprise.

Good job hippi, I'll happily take second. Still don't understand why more people didn't enter? It would only take about 10 - 50 min to make something and for a chance at 50$ gift card...

Thanks for the contest 10tons, I hope you have another one like this, I'll make sure to win next time hopefully with alot more contestants.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:26 AM

The first prize is the promised iTunes gift card worth USD 50 / EUR 40 and the second prize is a selection of eight 10tons iOS games. The number is eight because that is the favorite number of King Oddball. The winners have been contacted via PM.

The King was also mystified because of the lack of participants. Nevertheless, he has deemed the contest a great success!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:33 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Sorry I tried to enter but my computer was acting up so I couldn't make the picture Hail to the king!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:27 PM

Uhhgg, dang I thought I was gonna get atleast like a 15$ gift card.... Oh well since I already have a good bit of 10 ton games, I'm not really sure what to do :/

Ok, I found some that I'll go ahead and get I guess.

Last edited by Darth Ronfar; 10-16-2012 at 06:59 PM..