Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 10-03-2012, 09:52 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Leaving iPhone

Just wanted to come and tell you guys I'm switching over to Android. Just ordered a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone an my current iPhone 4 will be sold.

Will be missing TouchArcade after my migration. Don't think I will visit here that much since Note doesn't run iOS and its games.

Anyone else doing the same?
Old 10-03-2012, 10:19 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeryan View Post
Just wanted to come and tell you guys I'm switching over to Android. Just ordered a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 phone an my current iPhone 4 will be sold.

Will be missing TouchArcade after my migration. Don't think I will visit here that much since Note doesn't run iOS and its games.

I've went almost fully Android myself but there are enough crossover games and apps to still keep me interested here although I admit most of my posts have been limited to the lounge lately.

The note 2 does look like a great piece of kit I wish Samsung would do those specs in a smaller phone although that's probably not technically possible yet to be fair.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:08 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Just hope this thread doesn't become a list of reasons why you shouldn't switch.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:28 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

You should still stay on Toucharcade. To see what games will come to Android. I'm sure devs can tell you if they're doing an android port
Old 10-03-2012, 11:51 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

I'm also going Note 2 from an iPhone 4 though i still have an ipad 2. Regardless, Toucharcade forums aren't exclusively ios, the Lounge being a prime example.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:20 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Ye, I might stay and spam the forums. The crossover games point was especially good. Never thought of that.
Who knows if surfing the real site on Note is as nice and easy as it is to use this dedicated iPhone app.

As for the impressive hardware the just released new version of S3 is pretty much the same as Note 2 except for the S-Pen.

Oh and I still do have my Mac laptop. Baldur's Gate will wait for me.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:44 PM
In Time-Out
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeryan View Post

Let us know what you think after some time. Good luck, and you know one difference that I like is the bigger screen. 4 inch still doesn't do it for me, need at least 4.3.

But I got a new ipad, so I am locked in to iphone for at least 4 years I figure. Never thought I would switch away from Microsoft, but Windows mobile crashing made me go iphone, and with the ipad, I like apple. But who knows in the future, 5 years from now, maybe I will be back to Microsoft surface. I wonder myself.

Anyway, good bye if you don't come back, but let us know later and revive this thread to your impressions. Peace.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:29 AM
iPhone 3G, OS 3.x

I've got 2 android tablets to see if it was worth making the switch on my phone based on software alone. I actually use my phone more for entertainment than I do for calls or texting. I know any phone can perform those functions well enough, so my deciding factor was the software available.

2 months into this and I have to say, although Android does have an easier time with emulators, they are dead last on everything else. Games are slower to come out, if at all due to the high rate of piracy. Its dead simple to pirate on Android, open up a browser on the phone, search gamename.apk and bam, you'll find it on countless sites. Tap the download button and it will install right on the phone, no need for rooting (jailbreaking), its just that easy. I can see why some devs just avoid the platform entirely.

Not counting games, the utilities to be found for productivity are also slim when it comes to quality, unless you're searching for tools that compliment a tech based industry like IT. There are plenty of apps suited for issuing remote terminal commands.

I enjoy my android devices, they were cheap and I take them with me when I don't want to risk losing my iPad because the trip involves leaving my bag somewhere for hours unattended. Would I recommend it to anyone? If they can't pony up for an idevice, then yes, most definitely. To me, the iOS ecosystem is just much more developed, its always first to the punch, and gets software and plenty of exclusives. Android on the other hand is like a cable TV channel that only plays reruns and has a few original shows of its own, kinda like TBS, its not Primetime TV.
Old 10-05-2012, 11:32 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Hey, to each his own and I hope the new device suits your needs. I think Android devices (mine was a Samsung Galaxy 5 player) have their pros/cons, but my player didn't suit my needs and the iPod Touch coming out does.

I agree, stay on these forums. My interest comes and goes with iOS games, but I always stick around just to see what's hot and also for the off topic Vita/other topics as well. I think the TA Community as a whole is very nice and civil and rarely and is somewhere I come to daily.

Good luck!
Old 10-05-2012, 12:02 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroByte View Post
Hey, to each his own and I hope the new device suits your needs. I think Android devices (mine was a Samsung Galaxy 5 player) have their pros/cons, but my player didn't suit my needs and the iPod Touch coming out does.

I agree, stay on these forums. My interest comes and goes with iOS games, but I always stick around just to see what's hot and also for the off topic Vita/other topics as well. I think the TA Community as a whole is very nice and civil and rarely and is somewhere I come to daily.

Good luck!
I agree this is one of the nicest communities that has to do with games I've ever been a part of. The intelligence level is high but there isn't a lot of elitism and bashing. You can always be part of both worlds. I still have a cheap less-than-smartphone but use my iPod touch and iPad for games.