Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-03-2012, 10:46 AM

Default Matrix Defender - (by D19Studio) [Universal])

This is a very challenging Tower Defense game. If you have been tired of too many easy TD games, try this one!

In 2112, a war breaks out among species to fight for interstellar resources. The monster groups initiate an attack to the matrix system on our planet. As the chief commander, you are obliged to lead your army to build towers for defense. The monsters are very powerful so this will be the most challenging defense battle in history. You need to employ your strategy and make full use of the collaboration of different types of towers, before you might smash their invasion. So, join us and beat the monsters!

[NORMAL MODE]
Finite play time. Take care of the monsters with halo. They can attack your towers in some way.

[HELL MODE]
Infinite play time. It's very challenging to survive as long as possible. How long can you survive? Try to get high scores and share with your friends.

FEATURES:
-The most strategically challenging TD game
-Easy to play, very touch to master and beat all levels!
-normal mode and hell mode
-Try to survive as long as possible in hell mode, share your amazing records in Game Center
-14 tower types, with different attributes and abilities to master
-Some monsters have invisible armor, smash them using the right tower
-Monsters with halo have special harmful effect on towers, beware of them!
-Detailed tower and monster description in tutorial page
-Universal game, retina display

Itunes link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/matrixdefender/id562534227?l=en&mt=8
Forum Discussion:
http://www.d19studio.com/bbs/viewforum.php?f=2

Youtube link

Matrix Defender Strategy Basic Guide
Matrix Defender is a very challenging and unique tower defense game developed by D19Studio. It is not just simply hard. On the contrast, some unique concepts and elements are added in the gameplay, and make the game has more depth and require more strategical thinking.
When you play M.D. for the first time, you might find it not so easy as other TD games, or maybe you'll get frustrated after several failures. Don't worry. This tutorial will show you some basic guidelines and tips.

1 How to play?
Monsters always come out from the yellow holes and heads for the blue holes, which is the entrance of our matrix system. You need to build the towers and kill them before your blood runs out. It's very strategically challenging. Please remember that the right combination of different types of tower are more effective than building different towers in a casual way. So pleas read this guide first if you wanna play M.D. well.

2 Basic Towers
There are 4 basic tower types in M.D. The first 3 types are used for causing direct damages to monsters while the last special tower type is for other usages. Since the crystal you have is limited and the monsters are strong, try to build them in the most effective way possible.
1) Single target attack tower: cause damage to single monster.
Tips: it's effective when it attacks one single strong and slow monsters.
2) Straight line attack tower: cause damage to all monsters on the line
Tips: its attack range is a straight line, so build it at the end of a straight path.
3) Massive attack tower: cause damage to all monsters in the area range
Tips: its attack range is a circular area, so build it close to the center of any circular path or corner.
4) Special towers: no direct damage to monsters, but have other usages and are very strategically important.
They are so important so let me explain them separately as below.

3 Special towers
Special towers are important almost in every level. You need get familiar with them before you could beat the level or get 3 stars.
First, build a tower base, which does nothing. Then you could upgrade it to any of below:
1) Energy sword tower:
Increases the attack force of all other towers around it. When you upgrade the tower to the top level, all towers obtains 50% gain of their attacking force. Sounds great, right?
Tips: It's very wise if you build this tower surrounded by as many attacking towers as possible and upgrade this tower as higher level as possible.
2) Electric stun tower:
Releases dark electric energy to slow down the monsters. I bet every TD fans know the importance of this tower. So I won't explain more on this point. What I wanna mention is when this tower is upgraded to the top level, all monsters in its effective range are 50% slower.
Tips: Green monsters moving very fast, take care of them!
3) Armor pulse tower:
Releases dark pulse energy to destroy the armor protection of the monsters. Different with other TD games, most monsters in M.D. have armors, which can reduce the damage the attacking tower causes. The worst thing is, the basic towers might cause no damage at all if the monster has a very strong armor. The more time you play in one level, the stronger every monster's armor is.
Tips: You can ignore this tower in the first several waves. But you need to use it to destroy the armor of monsters when the monsters get stronger. Another important thing is, Missile tower is the only tower which attacking force is not reduced by the armor of monster.
4) Mining Tower:
Generate crystal automatically. It can be built only on crystal field. Build it once, and gains crystal reward continuously forever. Cool, huh? But before you consider investing on mines you'd better make sure you won't miss any monster.

4 Monsters
There are 8 monster types. The first 5 types have no ability to attack towers. The last 3 special monsters have.
1) Glider: The weakest monster, low HP, no armor.
2) Fighter: medium HP, medium armor.
3) Phantom Chaser: Move very fast.
4) Iron Tank: Extremely high HP, high armor, moving deadly slow.
5) Gold Guard: High HP, medium armor. You get high crystal repay when killing it.
6) Magician: Release its magic energy to increase the armor of all monsters in its range.
7) Dark Angel: Release its dark energy to decrease the attack force of all towers in its range.
8) Preacher: Select one tower and preach to completely invalidate it.
The last 3 monsters are very strong, and can greatly reduce the attacking force the towers output. So you'd better kill them as soon as possible when any of them comes out. Missile towers are highly recommended when facing these special monsters because they will seek for special monsters and attack them first very intelligently.

All these above are the basic guidelines you need to know. There are some more advanced tips and tricks after you know M.D. well. I'll share them with you in the next advanced guide.

D19Studio

Last edited by D19Studio; 10-07-2012 at 04:52 AM.. Reason: add guide
Old 10-03-2012, 11:50 AM

Default Free promo codes

Here are 5 promo codes available. Feel free to snag one.
E9EX4WR6TTRF
9L3WN7MWNTHJ
LRXJRX3FTEM3
JPX9437FW3MK
HNRXRHPJH9M4
Any feedback is appreciated. This is our first game so your comment would be very valuable for us. We will continue to improve and update to make it a better game. Hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,
D19Studio
Old 10-03-2012, 11:55 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Took JPX9437FW3MK, thanks!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:58 AM

just took LRXJRX3FTEM3, thanks! trying this out now
Old 10-03-2012, 11:59 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Looks very interesting. I love geodefense very much. I'll try this one and hope it won't let me down.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:02 PM

Thank you for HNRXRHPJH9M4.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:22 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

looking forward to feedback from those of you who got codes...
Old 10-03-2012, 12:40 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Definitely looks great, hope we get some imps soon!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:51 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

I have downloaded and played for a while. Though the graphics seems kinda simple, the gameplay is excellent. As it said, it's very challenging. I need to find the right way to beat it

Last edited by nichos; 10-03-2012 at 01:40 PM..
Old 10-03-2012, 01:26 PM

I don't know, I can't seem to .. like this game as much as I thought I would. The game looks nice, but it's somewhat slow? I think it's just because I play too much TD games, this is pretty much basic TD game with same upgrades/towers ideas you'd see in other TD games except this one is more difficult, more challenging because the enemies are stronger from the first run, you start with 5k to spend on towers which is cool because the enemies are hard and you get to add more and upgrade more first.

I honestly don't think I would spend a buck on this game, just my opinion. It's pretty much like GeoDefense, just bit harder. Thanks for the code though, I appreciate it!