Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > General Game Discussion and Questions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Tyra Tyra is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 250
Default Good games like Torchlight/Diablo

Hey there!

I don't know if there's already a thread like that...

I am looking for a game like Torchlight, Diablo or Titan Quest for iphone or ipad. Are there any with choosable characters or pets?
Maybe I should get Orc:Vengeance - seems to be like that.

Thanks!
Tyra
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-03-2012, 12:42 PM
killercow's Avatar
killercow killercow is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyra View Post
Hey there!

I don't know if there's already a thread like that...

I am looking for a game like Torchlight, Diablo or Titan Quest for iphone or ipad. Are there any with choosable characters or pets?
Maybe I should get Orc:Vengeance - seems to be like that.

Thanks!
Tyra
Well i don't think we have a definitive diablo like on IOS yet.
Orc Vengeance is good, dungeon hunter 2 is quite impressive too.
If you want, you can also try eternity warriors 2 for free but be prepared to grind a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-03-2012, 12:44 PM
GeekyDad GeekyDad is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,173
Default

Yeah, DH2 is probably the closest thing we have, but Pocket RPG is a really good one that should appeal to most Diablo fans.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-03-2012, 04:10 PM
LCDDreams LCDDreams is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 383
Default

Some others are:
Underworlds (this is more like Diablo 1+2 than 3) - quite good
Emissary of War - pretty good but short
Evilas - ok, not amazing
The Bard's Tale - very good
Apocalypse Knights (no campaign - this is just endless waves, like Eternity Warriors) - pretty good for what it is
The Dark Age - nothing great, but may appeal to some
Blade of Darkness - good graphics but has some problems
DevilDark: The Fallen Kingdom - decent
Dark Shrine 3D - ok
Bastion - really good, but a bit more adventure than action RPG
Wild Blood - I think this is more adventure than action RPG, but I haven't played it
Solomon's Keep - really good (there's Solomon's Boneyard too, but that's endless waves rather than campaign based)

Or of course if you like action JRPGs, there are tons of those (like Inotia, Zenonia).

Also, it's not out yet, but Infinity Blade: Dungeons should be very similar in style to Diablo 3 I think.

Last edited by LCDDreams; 10-03-2012 at 04:17 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Issac Issac is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 223
Default

Of the ones already mentioned, I will add a +1 for Underworlds, Solomon's Keep, Pocket Rpg, and Dungeon Hunter 2.

I would like to add with enthusiasm Aurum Blade. And with caution, Heroes Call.

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-2012, 01:11 AM
soupbandit soupbandit is offline
Senior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 213
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDDreams View Post
Some others are:
Underworlds (this is more like Diablo 1+2 than 3) - quite good
Emissary of War - pretty good but short
Evilas - ok, not amazing
The Bard's Tale - very good
Apocalypse Knights (no campaign - this is just endless waves, like Eternity Warriors) - pretty good for what it is
The Dark Age - nothing great, but may appeal to some
Blade of Darkness - good graphics but has some problems
DevilDark: The Fallen Kingdom - decent
Dark Shrine 3D - ok
Bastion - really good, but a bit more adventure than action RPG
Wild Blood - I think this is more adventure than action RPG, but I haven't played it
Solomon's Keep - really good (there's Solomon's Boneyard too, but that's endless waves rather than campaign based)

Or of course if you like action JRPGs, there are tons of those (like Inotia, Zenonia).

Also, it's not out yet, but Infinity Blade: Dungeons should be very similar in style to Diablo 3 I think.
None of those are anywhere close to diablo. Inotia and Zenonia are arpgs, they aren't jrpgs at all.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-04-2012, 03:46 AM
SkyMuffin SkyMuffin is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 2,378
Send a message via AIM to SkyMuffin Send a message via Yahoo to SkyMuffin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soupbandit View Post
None of those are anywhere close to diablo. Inotia and Zenonia are arpgs, they aren't jrpgs at all.
They are Korean also, not Japanese :P

Wild Frontier is a nice KRPG game that has a pet system in it. It's at least above average compared to others.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent