App description: "iOS games dont get much more accessible than Irrupt" - 148 Apps

"its quite addictive, with the just-one-more-game mentality." - App Addvice

Sets and Settings proudly presents their first iOS game, IRRUPT!

IRRUPT is a fast paced game that requires quick reflexes, great timing, and strategic thinking on the fly.

Somewhere out there, a space station has reconfigured itself into two parts to avoid an incoming asteroid shower. But how will the crew get from one part of the station to the other? That's where you come in! Guide the never ending stream of brave astronauts as they attempt to reach safety. Tap and hold the screen to make your astronaut stop moving to avoid the falling asteroid blocks-- but be careful, once you let go, or your energy bar runs out, you'll boost forward at tremendous speeds.

To help you along the way, there are collectable powerups that will trigger turrets which shoot obstacles to bits. There are 3 different turet types: Big Slow Shot, Tripple Shot, and a devastating Laserbeam!

IRRUPT: How many can you save?

Gabrien's comments:

10-03-2012, 11:07 PM
Game Impressions

Simple, addictive, and lovingly put together. If you aren't someone who longs to have a console in your pocket, but instead miss the app store's early days without the likelihood of any one of 52 flavours of bullshit accompanying your purchase, this might just be up your alley.

10-04-2012, 02:49 AM
reminds me a lot of "flip's escape", which unfortunately, i didn't really appreciate (no left button :P)

on the other hand, it's really tiny in file-size and price and pixel-art is looking neat... so i'm giving it a try
10-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Nice find Gabrien. Like the graphics, this reminds me a bit of 2Bit where you just touch the screen to stop/go backwards which i really enjoyed. Might pick this up later
10-04-2012, 08:11 AM
gonna go ahead and snag this... seems almost every thread Gabrien starts up for a game, I wind up enjoying the hell out of it. =oP

Thanks for finding this one.

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Dragon Hills, Devious Dungeon 2, Attack The Light, Incoboto, Bring Me Sandwiches!!
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;: syntheticvoid
:;:CURRENTLY LISTENING TO:;: Autechre, Download, Integral
10-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Is it just me or does that guy flip you the bird about 50s into the video?

Also, downloading
10-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Dammit Gabrien, Im down another dollar cause of you
10-04-2012, 09:12 AM
Looks like it could be fun. What Game Center integration is there?
10-04-2012, 10:40 AM
Just picked the game up this morning, and I haven't been this impressed by an iOS game this much in a while. The graphics, music, and mechanic are amazing. It's a no-brainer at 99 cents.

I only wish there was, well, MORE!! It's such a good game, but it's definitely underdeveloped. I hope the developers are open to doing updates, because I would love to see some new modes, playable characters, customization, stat upgrades, etc. in this title. Oh, and why isn't GC accessible from the main menu?

Above all, it really is a game not to be missed though. Surprise of the week.

Upcoming Games: CJS2, Racing Apex, High Strangeness, Dino Run, Super Feed Me, Mimeo and the Kleptopus King, Loot, Run Run Dash, Pogo Rampage, Burrito Bison, Star Saver, Pocket Cars, Rock Rider, THEM, Prince of Europa, Epic Dive, One Tap Hero
10-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Love these games. Simple, tastfully done. Challenging