Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Other > Lounge

Old 10-03-2012, 11:37 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Default Presidential Debate

The US debate between the two candidates just ended about 15 minutes ago and it was pretty darn interesting. I've been hearing quite a few theories on the subject but one fact is pretty obvious to me: Obama just wasn't as prepared as Romney was. The far bigger question, however, is this: will Romney's win have a permanent effect on the polls and ultimately the election?
Old 10-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
The US debate between the two candidates just ended about 15 minutes ago and it was pretty darn interesting. I've been hearing quite a few theories on the subject but one fact is pretty obvious to me: Obama just wasn't as prepared as Romney was. The far bigger question, however, is this: will Romney's win have a permanent effect on the polls and ultimately the election?
Didn't read it since I was wasting my time here on TA, do you think Romney won the debates by a long margin over Obama?

Also, any snafus by either that will be big quotes soon?
Old 10-03-2012, 11:54 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Didn't read it since I was wasting my time here on TA, do you think Romney won the debates by a long margin over Obama?

Also, any snafus by either that will be big quotes soon?
No not by a massive margin like Clinton and Bush, but it was clear that he (Romney) was better prepared and was constantly on the attack.

No huge snafus, but the big bird quote will become a meme and Internet sensation. I really look forward to the VP debate, even though it's not very meaningful to me it will be extremely entertaining. I mean, if Obama the great speaker and communicator did poorly here, how will Biden fair? To be fair it was just obvious that Obama wasn't well prepared, but Biden is just a joke prepared or not. But then again I've never really seen much of Ryan, so we shall see.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:03 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
No not by a massive margin like Clinton and Bush, but it was clear that he (Romney) was better prepared and was constantly on the attack.

No huge snafus, but the big bird quote will become a meme and Internet sensation. I really look forward to the VP debate, even though it's not very meaningful to me it will be extremely entertaining. I mean, if Obama the great speaker and communicator did poorly here, how will Biden fair? To be fair it was just obvious that Obama wasn't well prepared, but Biden is just a joke prepared or not. But then again I've never really seen much of Ryan, so we shall see.
Biden can be a pitbull for the democrats, so I think he will go on the attack. ryan seems more softspoken and nice guyish, so it will be interesting to see if experience rules or youth prevails for sure.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:33 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connector View Post
Biden can be a pitbull for the democrats, so I think he will go on the attack. ryan seems more softspoken and nice guyish, so it will be interesting to see if experience rules or youth prevails for sure.
Biden has made a fool out of himself far to often for me to take him seriously. Historically though, you're definitely right VPs are usually the attack machines. I hope they get into some different territory though like gay marriage and gun control. Those topics always bring out huge contrast in candidates (not that we didn't see enough just now).
Old 10-04-2012, 02:35 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Sure Romney was better prepared. When you can pull anything out of your ass and claim it's fact based, making a point is pretty easy.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:39 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Biden has made a fool out of himself far to often for me to take him seriously. Historically though, you're definitely right VPs are usually the attack machines. I hope they get into some different territory though like gay marriage and gun control. Those topics always bring out huge contrast in candidates (not that we didn't see enough just now).
Neither party is pushing for gun control at this point in time, so I don't see how that issue comes up. The only contrast gay marriage provides as an issue is who's the bigot.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:59 AM
im in ur base killin ur d00dz
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Lol.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Sure Romney was better prepared. When you can pull anything out of your *ss and claim it's fact based, making a point is pretty easy.
This is what I cannot stand about these political threads, someone who criticizes a candidate with no facts to back it up.

But anyways, I was surprised with how Romney faired, however the first debate almost always goes to the person that is not the president. Romney should have pointed out more that Obama had four years to make (insert issue here) better.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:30 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Sure Romney was better prepared. When you can pull anything out of your ass and claim it's fact based, making a point is pretty easy.
Actually ABC did a fact check of both canidate's major claims...turns out all of them are either false or misrepresented. And I want gay marriage and gun control brought up because they are massive social issues that are very important to me.