App description: SNEAKING through a haunted house... HIDING from spooky ghosts... OUTSMARTING fiendish puzzles... Do you love all things sneaky and spooky? Then welcome to House of Shadows!

Check out the trailer at: http://youtu.be/FY2sDKWmaO4

In House of Shadows, your little sister has wandered into a haunted house. Sneak in after her, avoid the monsters, and lead her back to safety before the ghosts catch you!

House of Shadows offers Hide-and-Sneak gameplay with gorgeous light-based visuals. Torches glow and flicker in real time. Lightning casts shadows across dusty rooms. Your flashlight lights up dark corners. You've never seen graphics quite this lush on your iOS device!

FEATURING:

* Delightful Hide-and-Sneak gameplay
* Great for all players young and old
* Unbelievable lighting effects
* 60 levels, with more arriving soon
* Two distinct monster types: ghosts and zombies
* Choose your own character: girl or boy
* Two haunted houses full of puzzles, treasure, and adventure

Vovin's comments:

Inspired by Atari's "Hounted House"?
10-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Inspired by Atari's "Hounted House"?
Looks to me like it's more inspired by Dynamite Jack - looks almost identical in fact.

10-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Looks like Luigi Mansion for WiiU
10-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDDreams View Post
Looks to me like it's more inspired by Dynamite Jack - looks almost identical in fact.
Yeah that was my first thought as well. Especially the environment lighting/colours.
10-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Anyone play this? This looks kinda cool!
10-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Looks interesting. Might pick this up when I get home
10-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDDreams View Post
That's what I was thinking too. I really like Dynamite Jack, but not sure about this game based on the description. Is there a video of gameplay anywhere (I couldn't find one).
10-05-2012, 04:37 PM
I enjoyed reading the app description, and will probably buy it based on that alone. The game might be a little on the easy side though, if it's aimed at kids as well as adults. We'll see though, I'll download at 12.00 GMT.
10-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Ok so I got it and its nothing like I thought it would be. I have only played the light version of Dynimite Jack but I would say this is closer to spy mouse. Each room is a little level where you have to get gems and solve real simple puzzles. There are ghost you have to avoid from seeing you. I only played for a little while but so far I regret getting it. It is line drawing I guess but you can just tap somewhere and go there. I don't like how the controls feel. So far the low lighting has no effect on game play. Maybe it's because I was expecting more but it feels like a cheap game to me right now. I'll play more and hopefully it will be more to my liking.
10-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertman View Post
Ok so I got it and its nothing like I thought it would be. I have only played the lite version of Dynimite Jack but I would say this is closer to spy mouse. Each room is a little level where you have to get gems and solve real simple puzzles. There are ghost you have to avoid from seeing you. I only played for a little while but so far I regret getting it. It is line drawing I guess but you can just tap somewhere and go there. I don't like how the controls feel. So far the low lighting has no effect on game play. Maybe it's because I was expecting more but it feels like a cheap game to me right now. I'll play more and hopefully it will be more to my liking.
Ahh I hate the controls! The light effects were starting to come into play but the line drawing feels more like dragging and just aren't as tight as I'm used to. I know they say this will never go free but I definitely see a price drop in its near future. With better controls it might be fun if not a little more of the same. I hope to see other people's opinions to see if its just me but I wouldn't recommend getting this.