★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

House of Shadows (by The Electric Toy Company)

10-04-2012, 02:41 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
House of Shadows (by The Electric Toy Company)

Inspired by Atari's "Hounted House"?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Echoseven; 10-08-2012 at 08:48 PM.
10-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Inspired by Atari's "Hounted House"?
Looks to me like it's more inspired by Dynamite Jack - looks almost identical in fact.

10-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Looks like Luigi Mansion for WiiU
10-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDDreams View Post
Looks to me like it's more inspired by Dynamite Jack - looks almost identical in fact.
Yeah that was my first thought as well. Especially the environment lighting/colours.
10-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Anyone play this? This looks kinda cool!
10-05-2012, 02:45 PM
Looks interesting. Might pick this up when I get home
10-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCDDreams View Post
That's what I was thinking too. I really like Dynamite Jack, but not sure about this game based on the description. Is there a video of gameplay anywhere (I couldn't find one).
10-05-2012, 04:37 PM
I enjoyed reading the app description, and will probably buy it based on that alone. The game might be a little on the easy side though, if it's aimed at kids as well as adults. We'll see though, I'll download at 12.00 GMT.
10-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Ok so I got it and its nothing like I thought it would be. I have only played the light version of Dynimite Jack but I would say this is closer to spy mouse. Each room is a little level where you have to get gems and solve real simple puzzles. There are ghost you have to avoid from seeing you. I only played for a little while but so far I regret getting it. It is line drawing I guess but you can just tap somewhere and go there. I don't like how the controls feel. So far the low lighting has no effect on game play. Maybe it's because I was expecting more but it feels like a cheap game to me right now. I'll play more and hopefully it will be more to my liking.
10-05-2012, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertman View Post
Ok so I got it and its nothing like I thought it would be. I have only played the lite version of Dynimite Jack but I would say this is closer to spy mouse. Each room is a little level where you have to get gems and solve real simple puzzles. There are ghost you have to avoid from seeing you. I only played for a little while but so far I regret getting it. It is line drawing I guess but you can just tap somewhere and go there. I don't like how the controls feel. So far the low lighting has no effect on game play. Maybe it's because I was expecting more but it feels like a cheap game to me right now. I'll play more and hopefully it will be more to my liking.
Ahh I hate the controls! The light effects were starting to come into play but the line drawing feels more like dragging and just aren't as tight as I'm used to. I know they say this will never go free but I definitely see a price drop in its near future. With better controls it might be fun if not a little more of the same. I hope to see other people's opinions to see if its just me but I wouldn't recommend getting this.