Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-07-2012, 03:47 AM
iPad mini

Default Pocket Fleet [MMORTS by Overdose Caffeine]

Teaser (apparently Mother Fleet was an older name or will be the browser version name).
YouTube: video

Last edited by Echoseven; 03-25-2013 at 05:32 AM..
Old 03-12-2013, 10:57 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Default Excellent Twitch Combat Space MOBA

Just found this game after seeing a post for it on r/iosgamjng (Reddit). It's surprisingly good and fans of space shooters/space sims should check it out. Those who are looking for a lite space MMO might have that itch scratched by this as well.

It appeals to me from memories of games where ship builds are key as there's various hulls, primary and secondary weapons. As you rack up kill points (not available through IAP btw) you get access to the other components but they are not simply more powerful than the last, everything has a different balance for speed, energy, armour, etc so you can still go toe to toe with experienced players early on without feeling totally outgunned.

The controls are simple and work well on iOS devices, although I can imagine you wouldn't want to use the tilt optin to steer on a full sized iPad (it works well on the mini though). Being top down 2D allows it to work pretty well as a twitch shooter. I have to admit while its a good MOBA, I would love to see this as a persistent MMO although I don't know if the game would have the same responsiveness on a large scale.

[Edit: the reason for the letterboxing is to provide the same visual range for players across web, various Android and iOS devices so as to not give an advantage] One complaint is that while it is universal it doesn't fill the screen for even an iPad minis 1024x768 resolution, it appears to be letter boxed. It did take me about a half an hour of play before I realized but it can be an annoyance once you do notice.

Last edited by Unfrozen; 03-12-2013 at 01:37 PM..
Old 03-13-2013, 09:00 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Talked with the one of the devs on Reddit and they are looking at moving some of the UI offscreen of the action onto the black bars in a future update.