Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 10-08-2012, 02:00 AM

Default Developers who need to promote their games?

I'll be straightforward PiPlay is looking for new and exciting games to publish on to the iOS!

What we prefer:

- Casual Games (and any other games that is engaging, addicting, and exciting! in other terms: your eyes are glued to the screen so much that someone has to pull you away from your iOS device)
- 50/50 business model (my boss prefers this....yes we know, it takes money for developers to create games)

Why PiPlay?

www.piplay.com

Our most successful game is Solitaire*, which is in the Top 15 in the iTunes Store under Solitaire games. It has 36 Free Solitaire games in one app. Averaging 700-900 installs per day and around 16,000 daily average users. Is Solitaire* the best game? No, but it's doing very well for a game in its genre.

Want more info? PM me.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:59 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

I am looking for a publisher for a shoot-em-up game of mine, so I clicked on your link. I went to the page for the solitaire game. It has an available on the App Store logo, but no clickable link, which seems a very basic thing to do. It makes me a little bit wary about how much you have to offer. EDIT: It seems from the reply below that it is just a technical glitch.

Yet you are asking for 50%, which is more than well known publishers ask for. What do you offer in return? Guaranteed promotional budget? Advances?

Last edited by Moonjump; 10-08-2012 at 10:53 AM..
Old 10-08-2012, 10:07 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonjump View Post
I am looking for a publisher for a shoot-em-up game of mine, so I clicked on your link. I went to the page for the solitaire game. It has an available on the App Store logo, but no clickable link, which seems a very basic thing to do. It makes me a little bit wary about how much you have to offer.

Yet you are asking for 50%, which is more than well known publishers ask for. What do you offer in return? Guaranteed promotional budget? Advances?
I'm on Firefox, worked for me, clicked on the link and took me to the game on iTunes
Old 10-08-2012, 10:52 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
I'm on Firefox, worked for me, clicked on the link and took me to the game on iTunes
I was using Safari, which you would think the least likely to have trouble with an App Store link. But the fact you do have a clickable link means it is a technical issue, not a design one, so they aren't being naive.

Their website won't open at all at the moment, maybe they are updating it.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:23 PM

Nope, we aren't updating the site. It's up and running like usual

Quote:
Anything you ask for, we can negotiate on: customer service, marketing campaigns that will ensure user installations via CPI or CPA, SEO, etc. We know what PR to use and where to promote on. If your game is great, it will go viral.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:55 AM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to MarkFromBitmenStudios

There's two things that I like about this thread. Mostly because they are unwittingly funny.
Quote:
Why PiPlay?

www.piplay.com
Here, I like the empty line between the Why PiPlay? and the referal to the homepage. It may be edited later but at the time of my post it is there and it made me rofl. This means the poster is unable to state why people should choose PiPlay and just adds a link. That already tells a lot.

Now normally you would stop right there but I followed the link hoping to find more funny stuff over there). Unfortunately, the homepage seems to have connection problems but when you can finally get there, it looks like a typical game developer that has focused on simple card games. They don't even try to look like a publisher on their homepage, it only advertises their own games. Now how funny is that?

Even the About page says they are "a creative studio specializing in making games for social networks and mobile devices".

Apparently, they have realized that the dev gold rush is over and that we're now in the middle of the publisher gold rush (see my post on http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...=159674&page=2).

The other comment in this thread is equally funny:
Quote:
If your game is great, it will go viral.
This is a no brainer but it brings us back to the original question that is unanswered: Why PiPlay?

Overall, good post, it made my day.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:12 AM
Developer
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider07 View Post
I'll be straightforward PiPlay is looking for new and exciting games to publish on to the iOS!

What we prefer:

- Casual Games (and any other games that is engaging, addicting, and exciting! in other terms: your eyes are glued to the screen so much that someone has to pull you away from your iOS device)
- 50/50 business model (my boss prefers this....yes we know, it takes money for developers to create games)

Why PiPlay?

www.piplay.com

Our most successful game is Solitaire*, which is in the Top 15 in the iTunes Store under Solitaire games. It has 36 Free Solitaire games in one app. Averaging 700-900 installs per day and around 16,000 daily average users. Is Solitaire* the best game? No, but it's doing very well for a game in its genre.

Want more info? PM me.
Aren't you asking about how to increase Facebook likes for a crappy solitaire game in another thread?

How would you be able to promote my games? By asking in the same forum I would? For 50% of my sales?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:01 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackharon View Post
Aren't you asking about how to increase Facebook likes for a crappy solitaire game in another thread?

How would you be able to promote my games? By asking in the same forum I would? For 50% of my sales?
I saw that and thought that was odd as well. I think he refers to the game as boring and uncool. Where do I sign up?
Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 PM

The most popular game company on the planet can promote the most boring game on the planet and the results would be the same. Games that are boring would never bring in as many users as games that are fun and exciting. No matter how big you are as a company, games will never attract unless they are engaging, fun, exciting, and the users can develop a relationship and connection with the game. The reason why I am asking how to increase facebook likes is simple...I'm actually just curious to see if other people have a unique strategy they use to generate interest for games similar to Solitaire.

Quote:
How would you be able to promote my games? By asking in the same forum I would?
I would promote your games in the top 3-5 iOS forums.

Quote:
I think he refers to the game as boring and uncool. Where do I sign up?
What you referring to when you say "where do I sign up?"?
Old 10-09-2012, 09:13 PM
iPhone 4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider07 View Post
I would promote your games in the top 3-5 iOS forums.
Which forums are those ?